Hall of Wisdom

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Categories

Search Articles

Display Options

Showing articles 9 to 16 of 319

Hall of Wisdom

by Richard230 Published on 10-26-16 09:09 AM
Here is a link to a list of chemicals and their effect on polycarbonate plastic, which is used on many windshields and headlight covers:
http://www.perspex.co.uk/Perspex/media/Media/Technical%20Library/Chemical%20Resistance/Polycarbonate-Rod-and-TubeChemical-Resistance.pdf
by Richard230 Published on 10-02-16 04:58 PM
Bike Bandit has published an article detailing the advantages and disadvantages of lithium batteries:
http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post...m-iron-batteries-really-better-than-lead-acid
by Richard230 Published on 09-20-16 09:33 AM
These two handouts regarding front wheel alignment and suspension terms, prepared by Aftershocks (a SF Bay Area suspension expert), are interesting and informative.
by Mokkybear Published on 08-28-16 11:00 PM
The cam chain on the F800 series is continuous, requiring the engine to be taken out of the frame and the oil pan removed from the engine in order to replace it. This takes something like 24 hours work.

The GS Adventure riders have discovered a suitable master link that enables the chain to be replaced without removing the engine - split the old one and new one, join them temporarily with the master link, pull the new chain through using the old chain, then remove the master link and use it.....
by Richard230 Published on 08-14-16 08:56 AM
Bike Bandit has some suggestions and procedures for cleaning hazy and foggy plastic headlight lenses here:
http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/how-to-defog-and-dehaze-your-headlights
by 30thgsrider Published on 07-30-16 03:53 PM
Hi all.

My first ever question on f800riders.

I've just passed 40k on my gs and I'm still loving riding it.

Recently the OEM left hand heated grip split and is now open to the elements. I want to replace the grips for some better heated grips but I would like to remove the new on/off switch and rewire into the handle bar BMW switch.

The reason being is that I don't really want a big unsightly switch bolted to the handle bar and a redundant switch on the switch gear.
by Frosty J Published on 07-22-16 09:51 PM
Does anyone know the size speed bleeder(s) for the GT?
by Azgeek Published on 04-24-16 08:42 PM
Pretty pleased with the results. I also installed an FZ-1 Fuzeblock and tapped the GPS connector for switched power to the USB port. I drilled a one inch hole in the dash, being careful not to make contact with the wire harness that passes under the left-hand side.
This particular port has small blue LEDs to make it easier to find the port in low light. The last image shows the display with the port cover open --- the level of light is not distracting at all.
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Mokkybear (20)
Richard230 (20)
Rob (16)
avboden (10)
Pat H (10)

Article Forum v4.0 Copyright by BananaLive