Hall of Wisdom

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Categories

Search Articles

Display Options

Showing articles 1 to 8 of 10

Hall of Wisdom

by avboden Published on 08-28-08 11:25 PM
Hey everyone, we have up and running a swanky new Hall of Wisdom that can be found here

http://f800riders.org/HoW/index.php

If you would like to submit a new article, please select the "submit article" near the top of the page. A HoW curator will than go over your submission and hopefully approve it.

If you would like your thread to have discussion, perhaps it would be best off in the Accessories part of the forum.

Thanks!
by avboden Published on 07-14-08 04:21 PM
Article by Warby (Andreas)
Pictures supplemented by Avboden (Andrew)

If your bike is having problems with the gear indicator on your OBC screen, this is an easy fix. Whether it will never show neutral, or simply go blank, this is a common fix.

Remove the front pully cover by removing the bolts shown here.

Once it is off, look directly below the pulley. You will see this.
by avboden Published on 07-09-08 01:32 AM
difficulty 2/5

""LED Indicator Replacements - Amber / Red (S & ST)
$109.99"
via F800depot"

What's in the bag:
So, lets take a look at the new toy that just came in. You will see two LED boards, a worthless sheet of instructions and a small red wire with a connector on one end.
by avboden Published on 07-09-08 01:16 AM
introduction

Having made an investment in a new bike, one may be reluctant to go out and spend more money. Hopefully you have bought proper gear for your self in the event of an accident. What about your bike? Many people fail to realize just how much your bike can be protected with the use of simple accessories.

The concept of a slider is simple. A slider is a plastic puck that is bolted onto the bike. The main point of the slider is to have it hit the ground, and not your frame,...
by avboden Published on 07-09-08 01:10 AM
Okay before pics.

First off, remove the license plate.

you'll need a socket torx set, or at least the 27 bit.
by avboden Published on 06-10-08 08:17 PM
Crash protection: Sliders

Introduction

Having made an investment in a new bike, one may be reluctant to go out and spend more money. Hopefully you have bought proper gear for your self in the event of an accident. What about your bike? Many people fail to realize just how much your bike can be protected with the use of simple accessories.

The concept of a slider is simple. A slider is a plastic puck that is bolted onto the bike. The main point of the slider is to have it hit the...
by avboden Published on 04-30-08 03:51 PM
So i'm putting off studying for my last final exam.

Anyways i know some people are still having trouble uploading pictures. Given the limited space on the F800 server I prefer to use the Photobucket method.

1. Go to www.photobucket.com
2. Create an account, its free and safe. They don't spam.
3. Once in your account, go to "Albums and upload"
4. Use the simple tool to upload your images, you can have pretty darn big files.
5. It will ask you to add a title to the photo, you d...
by avboden Published on 04-12-08 12:17 PM
I will be installing my factory BMW alarm on the bike soon. Is anyone interested in a how to for it? If so i'll be careful and take pictures all the way. If not then,, I won't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Mokkybear (20)
Richard230 (20)
Rob (16)
avboden (10)
Pat H (10)
Pancho (8)

Article Forum v4.0 Copyright by BananaLive