Route advice - south of the great lakes

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Route advice - south of the great lakes

1. pray4snow
    pray4snow
    Howdy,
    I'm planning a ride from AB to ON and back this summer. I'm planning to do the northern route (north shore of Superior) on the way there, and then come home south of the Great Lakes.

Any suggestions on routes for the ON to AB leg? I'm tentatively planning to cross at Buffalo and come down the south shore of Erie and then head east, but nothing is written in stone. The plan is to camp, but I'm a bit concerned about availability/safety of camping anywhere near a large urban centre (Cleveland, Toledo, Chicago, St Paul, etc.) I"m hoping to be able to leap-frog the big centres, and stay in more rural area/parks. Any suggestions on places to stay?

Any and all insights welcome!

P4S
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. Dano
    Dano
    Well as for the prarie provinces It is yoir choice 17 in northern Ontario is a great ridethen from sault ste marie east you can use ferry to tobermory pr continue to Sudbury then down. Will will you in more when i get back. I am off on tour myself and using phone for this. Much easier on computer. Do you have gps that i could send some routes?
  3. pray4snow
    pray4snow
    Thanks Dano.
    I have the northern route all worked out. It's the route south of the border that I could use some insight with.
    I have GPS if you've got routes.
    Thanks again,
    P4S
  4. Moggs
    Moggs
    Here's a good site for looking up camping grounds in US/Canada with Tenting/Tents as one of it's paramerters

http://www.woodalls.com/