BMW F800 Forum banner

What is the weather doing where you are?

6M views 4K replies 276 participants last post by  Josep Maria 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, spring has arrived around the world, or fall in some cases, and I'm curious what is happening in this little community.
Here in Ohio, we are having colder than normal temperatures, in the mid to high 30s (F) with snow every couple of days that never stays around. I'm going crazy waiting for a dry day. I would say I'm 2 weeks to a month out from everyday use.
I'm curious about the changes others are experiencing, and especially south of the Equator (like NZ and South America and South Africa)-are your every day riding days beginning to fade away.
I think the Brits weather is alway mild enough to ride, despite their rain?
Anyway, how about weather reports from around the world.
Thanks..

#539 ·
Yeah, she's getting bad here. I might even have to think about going home from work as the local creek's climbing again.
We've had another 98mm in the past 4hrs and the water's into the supermarket carparks and lapping the decks on some of the bridges.

BTW, does anyone have a direct line to Noah????[:D]

#541 ·
Nah, might just move to Victoria sooner to get some drier weather.[:)]

This weather is supposed to be the same for the next couple of months.[:(!]

Tony, is the offer of the snow still available???[:(]

#544 ·
They must like emptying their bladder, because there was another 175mm in it this morning.[:(!]
But the cloud has lifted and it's not actually raining at present.[:)]

#546 ·
The toll of missing people has risen to 90 [:(] [cry]

#549 ·
The sun is shining in Brisbane now.

I made a misguided attempt to head in to work this morning on the pushbike - found the cycle path alongside the Brisbane River is about 2 metres under water and the ferry jetties are floating at road height. I portaged the bike through a couple of streets (up to knee deep), but when I got to the next main road and could only see the tops of the bus shelters decided that work wasn't going to happen today.

Normally this jetty is 2-3 metres below:
Cloud Sky Plant Water Tree

Bad photo (sorry, taken with my phone), but in there somewhere is the top of a bus shelter:
Cloud Water Sky Plant Street light

#550 ·
You woose![:D]

#561 ·
Hopefully he didn't take anyone else out. GM 4X4 pick up took out a couple cars on the highway this AM. He changed lanes (wanting into the passing lane) and must have given it a bit too much gas, nearly took out a lot more but everyone else was going slow enough and had time to avoid the as#@*le.

We enjoyed about 8 - 10" overnight.

#560 ·
[lol] Ya, I see that a lot here. Over 50% of the vehicles sold in Oregon are four wheel drive. That has not helped the situation when the weather hits. I get around better then most with my Prius outfitted with studded snow tires.

#562 ·
#563 ·
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) in our province has really cracked down on big rigs, dump trucks and other commercial haulers. Surprise inspections pop up regularly and slowly but surely the companies are getting the message that their trucks must be safe and properly maintained, their drivers properly trained. Out of province rigs are not exempt. I see units in jail at a MTO / weigh scale on my way to the office everyday.

Prior to the zero tolerance stance we had a spate of wheels flying off trucks and trailers, loss of brakes, suspension bits (imagine a 30 lb. piece of a leaf spring coming through your windshield) with the accompanying injuries and loss of life. We still have some problems of course but it has definitely gotten better (fines can be quite high).

Idiot drivers, well, I think there will always be a few of those no matter what. Maybe the direction car manufacturers are going with active radar systems, etc. isn't a bad thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.