BMW F800 Forum banner

Group Buy: 20% Off All Twisted Throttle and Touratech Accessories

8K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago, I got a flier in the mail from my Honda/Kawasaki shop - The Motorcycle Factory in Manassas, VA (www.themfi.com). 20% off all accessories and parts orders, including special orders. With my fingers crossed, I called up and asked about ordering Touratech and Twisted Throttle accessories. The parts manager, Bill, said to give him a list, and he would see what was possible. Bill got back today - it's possible! MFI is willing to become both a Touratech and a Twisted Throttle dealer!!! [:D][:D] As with all good deals, there is a catch - both companies require a minimum first order of a certain size from a new dealer. I believe Twisted Throttle is $750, and Touratech is somewhere around $1000.

If you're interested and absolutely serious about participating in this group buy, please respond to this thread or via PM with your shopping list in the following format:

Vendor, "Vendor part name", vendor part number, vendor part list price. e.g.,

Touratech, "Mudguard Riser kit w longer ss brake line BMW F800GS", #048-0200, $153.00

Anything on the Twisted Throttle (http://www.twistedthrottle.com/) or Touratech USA (http://www.touratech-usa.com/) website is fair game.

I will compile the full order list and forward it to Bill on October 16.

Chris

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll help out:

Twisted Throttle, "Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (BMW F800GS & F650GS, '0:cool:", Item No: KAO.CCF700, $110

I'm also interested in some driving lights and mounts, but haven't done the research yet. The Motorcycle Factory probably already has the lights, but mounts might come from one of the TTs.

#5 ·
I'm not sure how they would be able to do this.

Touratech doesn't offer dealers 20% off. :( Twisted Throttle doesn't offer new dealers 20% off. :( Both also have a MAP Policy that forbids discounting of any type. :(

We've been down this path with the Depot. I wouldn't get your hopes up. :(

#6 ·
Rob,

That's disappointing news! Considering the savings involved however, I'm willing to give the effort a shot. At least in my view, there's nothing to lose in trying. MAP policies generally allow for instore specials, etc. Both Touratech and Twisted Throttle offer discounts for MSF instructors (15%), so there has to be a fair bit of room somewhere. [:)] Honda generator sales are a good example of MAP policies - "click to put the generator in your shopping cart and get OUR price."

Are you a Twisted Throttle or Touratech dealer? I'm hoping I haven't accidentally stepped on your toes with this attempted group buy!

Chris

#7 ·
I'm not telling you to stop. I hope you're able to pull it off, but I think it's highly unlikely.

And yes, I am a dealer of both. In addition to running F800Riders.org, I run F800Depot.com and it, in essence, funds this forum. There is absolutely no toes being stepped on here though as I try very hard to downplay that and be objective.

#9 ·
And yes, I am a dealer of both. In addition to running F800Riders.org, I run F800Depot.com and it, in essence, funds this forum.
Well if Chris's deal doesn't work out I'll probably end up getting the throttle lock through F800Depot. With the discounted sponsor shipping it's probably a bit cheaper than going to TT directly, depends on shipping/taxes. But I'm happy to use my purchasing power to help with the group buy. (You should have caught me a couple of months ago just after I got my F800GS...)

Speaking of discounts, I just got $500 in the mail from the BMWMOA! I'm glad I caught up on my reading: browsing the Owners News magazine I discovered the "Summer of Love" incentive, and met all the requirements. Woot -- more farkels!

#12 ·
I don't care if this comes from Rob or the Twisted Throttle deal. Also, sorry, Rob but I can't find this on f800depot.com or I'd a bought it there. Item No: MRA.07.018.T, MRA TouringScreen Windshield for BMW R1200S.

I want to try it on for size. Anything somewhat less than $105.00 gets my business.

#15 ·
Hi all,

Sorry I was out of range for a while there. Just got off the phone with Bill. The Touratech side of the group buy does not look like it will work out due to initial order size minimums, however, the Twisted Throttle side of the Group Buy is still on. Twisted Throttle does not drop ship, so any UPS shipping costs from MFI's location in Virginia would be additional.

Chris

#17 ·
Chris,

Is Bill a dealer with Twisted yet? He absolutely, positively needs to become one before going further here. Twisted does monitor forums and websites for this to maintain their MAP policy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.