BMW F800 Forum banner

New Farkle! BMW Comfort Seat

35K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  soph9 
#1 ·
When I was in the dealership the other day for my service, they had the new BMW Comfort seat installed in a F800GS. Looks really nice and has a nice deep pocket for sitting, narrow at front so I can still touch the floor and a huge seat pan for sitting while riding.

Looks great with the two tone colour, I installed it on my F650GS and tried it out, I'm sold... just have to save the cash, it's EXPENSIVE!

Pics below of it installed on one of their F650GS's:

Cheers
Tim

See less See more
#4 ·
Found the part number from another forum:

"It's called a Dual Seat and the part number is 77 34 7 724 099"

No idea about the Dual Seat, I was told it was the Comfort Seat. It has a higher spot for the pillion as well, so they are about 2" or so higher than the rider and a bit of a slope back to prevent them from sliding forward.

Either way, me likely. This is the FIRST fancy seat that still fits shorties like me!

Cheers
Tim

Reactions: darth_b
#34 ·
it should be the standard seat.
No it shouldn't. The GS is a dual sport, not a cruiser or a tourer. The seat is like a fence rail for a reason - mobility. That said, they could have done a better job on the stock seat, but BMW has never been known for comfortable seats, even on their touring bikes (I know, I own one).

Surprisingly, though... some people LIKE the stock seat. I'm guessing they weigh 125 lbs or something and their butt doesn't press down on the seat much.

But just like suspension springs, you can't make one that will work for everyone. That's what the aftermarket is for.

I had my seat custom made by Corbin. Extra low with an extremely minimized scoop, so mobility is retained. It means unintentional forward/backwards movement happens more often and there's less support on the upper cheeks (and therefore less comfort), but I've done 400+ miles days with it and if you stand up once in a while to give your butt a rest, you can ride all day no problem. Besides, it's nice to stretch the legs anyways.

#11 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'm sure they really "manufactured" their own aftermarket seat. Just as the hyper priced BMW System helmets are essentially rebadged Schuberths.

Can't blame them for making extra bucks. Business is business.

#10 ·
If that's correct, its compareable to other aftermarket seats. Still, too bad they didn't make it the standard seat, or at least a no cost option at purchase like the low seat. I'd gladly have let them keep the original torture plank that came with mine. It's just taking up space in my attic now that I have the Sargent.

#12 ·
I walked into my local dealer here in California and was quoted $500 for the comfort seat. I checked max BMW and saw it for $442. I am in the market for a more comfortable seat and now that BMW has their own seat it makes me wonder if my choice of going with Sargent is the best. I can't see neither seats in person so my only option is to order and try them.

#13 ·
Sargent does have a 30 day return policy....
So, try that one first, if you don't like it you can send it back and then start fumbling around again ... [lol]

#14 ·
Sargent certainly does have a 30 day return policy, I will make use of it if necessary. Hopefully I will fall in love with it at first use, it looks so much better than the BMW comfort seat. I hear some complains over the extended reach to the handle bars, if the seat is comfortable enough and that is my case an 80 dollar riser will fix it.

#17 ·
I think this two toned BMW seat looks great...and totally agree that at the time of purchase...BMW really should offer an upgrade seat as an option. For folks like us who will be off the tar a very small percentage of the time...would love to see an more comfortable seat at the time of purchase as an option. That way BMW could make it more affordable. I am going to have a chat with my dealer about this seat because we get 15% off. It does look like the Sargent I was going to buy but by Thor's review...narrow front is good...keeping feet down is even better....I am now very curious about this two toned seat!:confused:

#18 ·
I haven't heard any real reviews from people who have this seat. Ergo's look good but how is it after a few hours and a few hundred miles? I'm not short, but I have never met a stock seat I liked. I anticipate going with a corbin, sleeker than the couch on their website though...

#20 ·
Its the same model but with out the sofa look. I stole these from some forum somewhere, but if I order the corbin I will send these pictures to work from, and ensure they give the seat a nose job. I have a corbin on my springer now, and had one on my vulcan before that. Loved them both.

#22 ·
Right now I have nothing but other riders reviews and comments along my own experience on the corbins I have owned. Lot of post I have read had high hopes for that Sargent, but reading further many ended up returning them or later looking for other alternatives.

The corbin was a supple? rock for a seat, but I never tired while riding with it and it always felt the same from the first minute I sat in it until I got off the bike. Not a plush couch, but both the seats I had were all day comfort for 10hour + riding.

I saw the corbin seat and my first thought was - no way could I put that love seat on the GS. My only concern now is that I know some of the corbin models are crap - don't put one on a sporty, type crap. So I hope that the seat experience I had on my two other bikes translates to the GS.

#29 ·
yes i had this done at corbin while i waited and had lunch at their cafe'.... i had them cut down the transition from rider to passenger and chose not to have the "recliner" style stitching (they tried to fight this decision) which meant they had to stitch a seam across the butt rest area, i don't see a problem with this but they were reluctant. i also had them narrow the nose area where your inner thigh rests when feet are down (stop light, etc.) i am 5'9" and when wearing a slightly tight pair of jeans - [err]no jokes please- i could not touch both feet to the ground - now it's fine!

i got a sale price for coming in on 4th of july (they had a big open house thing) it was about $375 i think....

it is made of leather in the rider area and synth leather on the rest i used the "carbon fiber look" on all of it and had them do the corbin logo in yellow to match the bike.

#33 ·
Will do. Here is what i asked for:
---------

What I am looking for:
Bike: 2010 BMW F800GS
Seat Model: Canyon Dual Sport
*But not what is on your website for the F800GS*​

I would like to have the following modification for my seat:

Reduced the transition from rider to passenger seating area.
I won't ever (or VERY rarely) have a passenger.​
Similar to the attached picture.​
No 'recliner' style stitching.
Narrowed nose area (Nose Job?)
Rider & Passenger seating area made of Black Carbon Fiber Leather
Sides and Nose area made from Black Asphalt Vinyl
No backrest hardware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.