BMW F800 Forum banner

Anyone else drooling over the Schuberth C3

25K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  Roadpizza 
#1 ·
I just got back from the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in DC. I have to say it was pretty toned down compared to the past, but there were a few cool products I really wanted. One, and the one whose price I'd really choke on, was the Schuberth C3. It sounds like everything anyone would want in a helmet for a mere $1100.00 USD. I had it on for a short while and it felt more comfortable than either of my other helmets (a Shoei X-11 and a HJC AC-10). Plus it had the sunshield, pinlock, and (for that price) bluetooth by Cardo. The thing was friggin cool.

I've never had a modular before, but this one really made me think about it. At least it only has a SHARP score of 3 stars. If it were 5 I'd probably rack up the credit card. Still??? Anyone want to buy a used X-11 and AC-12 with a Chatterbox XBi???

Anyone else go to the show? What did you think?

#34 ·
+1 flueger99
I did buy a RX-Q and have been using it this summer. The ventilation is great! It is also much quieter than the Nolan. I can turn my head easier too. I still have the Nolan and have used it couple of times....I don't miss the open face as much as I though...the RX-Q is so much better. it is also fully Snell rated and the Nolan and C3 are not...so it is safer
It has been money well spent

#35 ·
+1 flueger99
I did buy a RX-Q and have been using it this summer. The ventilation is great! It is also much quieter than the Nolan. I can turn my head easier too. I still have the Nolan and have used it couple of times....I don't miss the open face as much as I though...the RX-Q is so much better. it is also fully Snell rated and the Nolan and C3 are not...so it is safer
It has been money well spent
Glad to hear you got one and more so, love it. What colour did you go with? I went with the bright silver and also bought a dark smoked shield for those sunny days.

#37 ·
I own a Schuberth C3, and I'm really satisfied. Before I had a Scorpion Exo 1000, not a bad Helmet but the C3 is lighter, less noisier and more comfortable. Now I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to change her SHOEI XR1000 (in the US is the RF1000) and buy a C3 Lady.

#38 ·
I bought a C3 on impulse back in June and took in on an 8000km ride to the Yukon. When I first opened the box I saw the internal sun visor was disconnected and was surprised how lightly it snapped back in. This became a problem on my trip when it would constantly come off its moorings and fall to rest in front of my face eventually becoming a safety issue. On my return I called the dealer who got the Schuberth rep to call me but by that time I had the little retaining bumps built up with crazy glue, thus fixing the problem (so far).
I do love the helmet, but for $800 some odd bucks you would expect some kind of quality control.
Or a tube of crazy glue included.

#39 · (Edited)
After having the C3 on the trip to Colorado and back I have to say, it works. Very light ,unaffected by wind and fits very snug so it is much quieter than previous helmets I have had. Still will wear ear plugs though. The flip down sun visor is larger and easier to use then the C2 I had.

#41 ·
Interesting, Numb. I was thinking the same thing this weekend.

I’ve had mine since May and have about 12,000 miles (19,000km) on it. I noticed a few weeks ago that the helmet has become louder (noticeable even with earplugs) and this weekend I started to feel a significant draft through the shield. The shield is clearly not sealing as well as it was initially. I have a replacement shield (which was a bit pricy) and will replace the original this week, but I’m with you on the quality expectations for the price we’re paying.

Of course, that said, I still grabbed the C3 this morning even through it was sitting next to a Multitec and RF-1100.

#42 ·
I learned from the C2 that the sizing has to be snug at the beginning. My C3 is just fine now after the trip this summer but, it was a bit snug feeling at first. Kind of the same thinking when getting a pair of Redwing Gentleman Walkers. It takes a bit of time to properly break them in but, once done they work great and last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.