Welcome to the East Midlands F8 club

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Welcome to the East Midlands F8 club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Flook
    Flook
    Welcome Rob, you found us, it appears some others are finding it difficult, however Paulius55 has shown another way, so I look forward to an old member of the the F800 riders community PatH joining soon.

Pat knows everything there is to know about the F8's.

Flook
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. Flook
    Flook
    Having been out to the bike to check the battery is charged okay, has reminded me. While we cannot go out either on our bikes or perhaps vehicles, the batteries on these need to be maintained. I went to move the car last week and the battery was near flat, put it on charge for a few days and now okay, mind you the car has not been used for about 4 weeks now, so I should not have been too surprised.

I am fortunate to have two chargers, one for the bike the other for the Motorhome, now I must remember the car to top up once a week as well.

Do any of you out there have any hints or tips at this time.
  3. Flook
    Flook
    I now see both Coddy and PatH have joined.

Welcome to you both.
  4. coddy
    coddy
    Hi Flook, hi all. Thanks for setting up the group Flook I hope it flourishes.

I'm Steve from Banbury owner of a lowered 2010 F800ST due to having short legs and a 10 st frame.

I must say I love the lightness of the F800 and the way it's parallel twin engine makes its power but not a fan of this models unreliability, I've been left stranded a long way from home a couple of times and I've lost a bit of faith in her.

I'm definitely up for a meet somewhere East of me when the restrictions end as I rarely go that way as I always seem to be attracted by the Cotswolds or Wales.
    0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes Flook liked this post
  5. RobA
    RobA
    Hello Coddy. I lived in Banbury for five years before moving to Rugby, nearly six years ago. Enjoyed living there. I agree with you, the access to the Cotswolds and mid-Wales are good. Rob.
    0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Likes coddy, Flook liked this post
  6. Flook
    Flook
    Rob, it will be good to see your bike alongside the rest, your white, my blue and Terry's red, I think Pat H has company with Terry's, as Pat had a red S model.
    Nice pic there young Terry, all you need now is the HID lamps unless you have the LED ones.

Dave
  7. Flook
    Flook
    I have just seen you post Coddy, oops Spec Savers here I come.

I have the lower version of the St for the same reasons. You must come along to a meeting, where we can share stories about our bikes etc. Your bike sounds like it is cutting out and staying shut down for quite a while. I know all too well that feeling, for that has happened to me a few times, but it has always started again. If you know a local dealer who services it for you ask them to hook it up to there diagnoses machine, and in theory it should show an error somewhere. I use Ian Joyce who is just outside Wollaston here in Northants, a brilliant chap and what he does not know about BMW bikes is not worth knowing.

Dave
    1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
    Thanks coddy thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2