2013 Calender?

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

2013 Calender?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Flook
    Flook
    The South East of the UK is a fast area, lets face it there has to be at least 100 F800 riders around this area and yet not anyone seems to want to meet up. When they do, others seem to be doing something else.

So what about sorting out a calender of rides, where to meet up with time of meet. Sounds simple don't it.......

Well, for a New Year resolution remember to want to meet up with your compatriots, check out each others machines, be part of a group of similar bikes on the ride out. How many times have you been in your car and seen a chunk of Harlie's passing you by or you passing them. It looks to the person on the outside like its awesome, and you wish you was in a group like that.

Let me tell you this secrete, YOU ARE yes, believe it or not. All you need to do is meet up at the appointed date and time, then ride with the group, you will be a proud owner with your pride and joy on display with others.

So be a part of your local SER (South East Riders), come and ride in 2013.
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. PhotoRex
    PhotoRex
    Hey Flook,

That sounds like a great idea! Can we do this with the forum software or set up a google group perhaps to sort a calendar out?
  3. Flook
    Flook
    Why not use the groups, and paste elsewhere if we need to. Sometimes though if the weather looks good then a quick chat here may be a good idea or being more personal having each others email or via email when clicking on the members name.

I am usually good if it is not raining (bad experience story for the future), also snow and ice, like at present, the road directly outside my house is like a skating rink with ruts..............

I know a loada guy's like a New Years day ride out, if that is anyone's likes then make the arrangements for time and place, another popular one is @ Easter time, again time & place.

If anywhere in London is a meet, I am only about an hour away from North London, or round the M25/M20 etc about another thirty forty min's on that. I went to visit some relatives in Folkestone, took me about 3hrs 20 to get there, but that is a tad far for a ride-out and return, however if at least 15 F800's were to show with confirmation, it would make my day that would.

So, the BIG QUESTION IS, who is going to kick the ball off, I live out in the extreme so that would make a central position for me to plan a practical one really impractical. Unless you want something out my way, then an A5 meet up at some bikers Cafe............
  4. PhotoRex
    PhotoRex
    I am unfortunately work nights on new years eve and new years day but I am certainly up for a ride out at some point in the new year - I will post a few dates later and see what jiggles with others!
  5. Flook
    Flook
    There are a few members here, eleven in all, surely cant we meet up somewhere, see who wants to do anything. I know and appreciate this site was set up by PatH, I also appreciate that he, Skid and Scorch have tried in the past to get things going and to some degree with success. Lets all face it, you can only bash your head against a brick for so long.

The rest of use, we, well, I joined because I thought it would be not only nice to ride my bike but to meet up, put faces to names, go on a group ride out, did you know if you have a lot of the same make/model's riding together it turns heads, you get pointed and waved at, and that is part you get from a group ride. you also have that sense of pride and belonging to something more than just you.

So come on you guy's and girls, PM me, reply here, or on the London or Midlands group. Those of you who are keen, how about we start our own group!

Flook
  6. bbb
    bbb
    Hey Flook, I'd be up for a meet but I'm in the process of trying to sell my bike and therefore hardly riding it. I've just had to get the fork seals replaced, grrrrr.

I reckon I'll be back up and running for March. I won't be insuring my new bike until my current insurance policy ends near the end of Feb. If I need 2 wheels I might have to hijack my GF's bike. I think you'll find most peeps will want to leave the meets until spring time.

All the best
  7. Flook
    Flook
    Hi, I am just trying to gain interest in moving on, calendar wise. If March is suitable that is great, ideas of a date or meeting place. It can be taken from there.

What bike will you be progressing to? I thought of buying the GT, but, I just like the colour of my ST, I am used to it, also the querkyness of it.

Take it easy and keep in touch.
  8. bbb
    bbb
    Well mid-March+ would probably work for me. I've got a K1200S tucked away that I can't ride until at least the F8 has gone.

I'm not sure which places to suggest meeting up at. I'm happy to head up just North of the M25 if there's somewhere good to meet?

Perhaps Pat or Scorch will chime in.

I've seen ya posts on the GT - I thought ya lady busted you with your desktop wallpaper Perhaps the Easter Bunny will bring you a GT seeing BMW didn't release it in time for Santa.
  9. Flook
    Flook
    I have decided to stay with the ST, I am used to it, I prefer the right left indicator system, I know the bike, and most of all, I can get my feet on the ground and, when I first sat on it that was it, it was a must have. I quite simply love riding it, it is not as comfy of the K12, nor does it have the cruse control of the K12. But with the K12 both of my feet and the ground did not happen and problems arose. So the ST is going to stay plus I love the blue colour I have.

Anyway Diary at the ready mid to late March somewhere off the M25, not Ace for it gets very busy and I don't think we could talk much etc, inside, plus I used to live a few miles from the many moons back into last Century.

PS mid March is Flooks day of birth, "beware my lord Cesar of the ides of March" I think he got the point, when he said, "infamy, infamy, every one has it in for me"

Flook
  10. bbb
    bbb
    I didn't get on with the 'conventional' indicators on the K1300S - love the F800's and fortunately the K12S is the same. Are you talking K12GT when you say cruise control? Unfortunately I don't think it was ever an option on the K12S, at least I've never seen or heard of it. You wouldnt' have liked my Dakar, that was tall bastid bike that!

Anyway, mind ya back for now,

Brutus
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast