BMW F800 Forum banner

Classic car photos

545K views 472 replies 41 participants last post by  Richard230 
#1 ·
So this morning I was at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, CA, and after a while various interesting classic cars, motorcycles and sport cars started showing up. I took a lot of photos so I will divide them up into three threads. Here are the classic cars. The first one is a Stuz 32. I had heard of their Bearcat, but I had no idea they made this huge touring sedan. I sure wouldn't want to try to turn the engine over with a crank. [:0]

Attachments

See less See more
#373 ·
Looks like a McLaren, maybe.

#374 ·
That is right. Complete with a rear wing that automatically rises and falls on a piston with your speed. McLarens are a dime a dozen around here. One of their showrooms is in Mountain View on El Camino Real, right next to the Tesla dealer. No lack of money and fancy cars in that area. [;)]

#376 ·
Here is an interesting car that I have never seen before. The owner drove it to Alice's Restaurant for a short while before driving off down Highway 84, heading toward the coast. He said it was a 1953 Fiat 1100, which made about 40 hp. I followed it down 84 for a while and it really scooted around the corners of the highway. He was definitely exceeding the speed limit. [;)]

Attachments

Reactions: Daboo
#378 ·
Check out this 1972 Ginetta. I had never heard of this car before. The owner said that it has a 2000cc 4-cylinder engine making 175 hp and the car weighs about 1400 pounds.

Attachments

Reactions: IanA and MGD109
#379 ·
Here are a couple of interesting cars that I saw today at Alice's Restaurant.

Attachments

Reactions: IanA and MGD109
#380 ·
Today I saw my first two 2020 Corvettes. Photos attached. And if you care about such things, the Skylonda General Store finally installed new gas pumps in front of the H2 station, which just sits there humming away and is showing a red light beacon. [uhoh]

Attachments

#381 ·
You'd have to keep that Vette engine clean like a HD owner does with his engine. Can you imagine the frustration of an owner who got an oil leak?

The H2 fueling stations are an example of how the power distribution for the electric car mandate might go.

Chris

#382 ·
Today I saw my first two 2020 Corvettes. Photos attached. And if you care about such things, the Skylonda General Store finally installed new gas pumps in front of the H2 station, which just sits there humming away and is showing a red light beacon. [uhoh]
Those 2020 Corvettes look good. The combination of white and black just accentuates the modern look. The wheels aren't bad as well. They remind me of the black racing wheels I bought off 4WheelOnline a few months ago.

#383 ·
I saw this cool-looking 1939 Ford V-8 pickup truck at Alice's today. [:)] However, it looks like it might have been lowered a bit and the wheels don't look quite right.

Attachments

Reactions: MGD109
#385 ·
It was a beautiful sunny day at Alice's Restaurant today, which brought out this interesting 396 Turbo-Jet Corvette. That is the first time I have ever heard of that model. Is that a factory car, or some sort of kit car? Sure looks factory to me. [:)]

Attachments

#387 ·
It was a sunny and relatively warm morning at Alice's Restaurant today. So this beautiful 1950's (I assume, not being a Corvette expert) Corvette showed up in the parking lot. [:)]

Attachments

Reactions: TheMeteor
#388 ·
No photos and not yet classic but driving around the Somerset Hills yesterday I spotted two McClarens in about 20-30 mins. I think one was a 570 and the other 720. If I win the Lottery....

#389 ·
I see so many McLaren cars parked at Alice's restaurant this year that I don't even bother to take pictures of them any more. They all look really nice and really expensive but are nothing unusual anymore. There sure is a lot of money floating around here during the past few years being spend on fancy cars and fancy homes. (I have a friend who was looking to buy a home located closer to San Francisco and found one for sale about 10 miles north of Oakland. The home was offered for $1.5 million and the selling agent gave prospective buyers 3 days to put in bids on the home. The winning bid was $2.5 million!. My friend has given up trying to buy a home in the San Francisco Bay Area this year.)

#390 ·
Gee, that makes the $150,000au we paid for our house here in Morwell seem like a bargain.

Reactions: IanA and Richard230
#392 ·
When H-D left Alice's Restaurant last week they forgot to take their tractor with them. [;)] Photos attached of this interesting machine. Not a computer to be seen on the Farmall, nor any plastic parts, either. Every part is made of real steel - and lots of it. [:)]

Attachments

Reactions: IanA and 308bever
#393 ·
Wasn't the steering wheel some sort of hard rubber? My grandfather's M always left my hands black.

#397 · (Edited)
The Fourth of July holiday brought out a few interesting cars to Alice's Restaurant. I believe that silver car is a 1963 split-window Chevy Corvette Sting Ray. Photos attached.

Attachments

#398 ·
Here are photos of a couple of interesting cars that I saw parked at Alice's Restaurant yesterday. [:)] And as a contrast, I will toss in a few photos of a fancy new Lotus, but I have no idea what model it is. :confused:

Attachments

#400 ·
Here is something a little different that I saw at Alice's Restaurant yesterday. Right after I arrived at their parking lot 20 minutes before the restaurant opened, a group of cars showed up and about 10 young men (with beards and man-buns) got out, two with portable TV-type cameras, parked three new small cars across the lot and started filming the cars - and a nearby redwood tree. :confused: The looks of the cars didn't impress me at all. Two were painted a pastel blue and one was painted a light tan. I asked one of the restaurant owners what was going on and he said that the three cars had been displayed at the Laguna Seca Racetrack on Saturday and were at Alice's to film part of an advertising (YouTube?) clip. Since the cars just looked like a typical Japanese eco-box, I was thinking why bother? [sure] Three of the cars took off and one stuck around for breakfast. Attached are a couple of photos of this exciting new vehicle. :rolleyes:

I am sorry if you detect a bit of sarcasm in my comments. But motorcycles tend to impress me a lot more than Japanese eco-boxes with pastel paint and odd model names. [|)]

Attachments

#401 ·
Here is an interesting car that I saw today at Alice's Restaurant. It is a 1999 Lotus Esprit V8. The owner drove it from Montana and said it was a rare car which took him a long time to find. It certainly was in good condition.

Attachments