BMW F800 Forum banner

What is the weather doing where you are?

6M views 4K replies 276 participants last post by  Josep Maria 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, spring has arrived around the world, or fall in some cases, and I'm curious what is happening in this little community.
Here in Ohio, we are having colder than normal temperatures, in the mid to high 30s (F) with snow every couple of days that never stays around. I'm going crazy waiting for a dry day. I would say I'm 2 weeks to a month out from everyday use.
I'm curious about the changes others are experiencing, and especially south of the Equator (like NZ and South America and South Africa)-are your every day riding days beginning to fade away.
I think the Brits weather is alway mild enough to ride, despite their rain?
Anyway, how about weather reports from around the world.
Thanks..

#4,400 ·
I picked up just over 6" during the past 36 hours. More rain is being predicted tomorrow afternoon and evening and even more days of rain next week. The way things are going, we might get caught up in a month or two.

#4,404 ·
Miserable 62°F was the low for Christmas Day.
Time to give up on a White Christmas Miracle this year.

#4,405 ·
Christmas day here turned out to be showery all day with a low temperature of 50 degrees, which didn't change much by the afternoon. It has been very warm this year, about 5 to 10 degrees warmer than usual, but at least it is looking like a wet winter, so that is a good thing for California. It was getting pretty dry around here during the past year. Right now the Serra Nevada Mountains are socked in with heavy snow and all of the roads out of the state over the Mountains are completely blocked by a whiteout. There goes the supply chain again. No trucks are getting east from the Port of Oakland, but at least the Christmas buying season is over and more rain and snow is being predicted for the rest of the year. Great for skiers and our summer water storage system (AKA snow).

#4,406 ·
BC's a winter Wonderland,,.

Last month all the roads in the entire province were washed out from the heaviest rains ever, farmlands, towns and cities were flooded all along the Canada US boarder, this followed shortly after 4 months of the worst fires ever with a couple of towns burning to the ground,,,. Surface to say easily the worst weather weave s ever experienced with record high temperatures in the summer months and now freezing day and night along the coastal areas which isn't unheard of but doesn't happen most years,,. First time I've had my truck in 4 by 4 in years,,.
With Covid hanging in its been a strange year,,,,,not bitching, just saying,,,thats all,,.

Hope every one enjoys the rest of the festive season and best wishes for a return to normal in 2022,,.
Its been a hoot sharing stories and tips in 2021,,!!

Cheers
Lyle

#4,407 ·
The top of Mt. Hamilton, where the Lick Observatory is located, near San Jose, picked up about a foot of snow yesterday, with a little more predicted tomorrow morning. That brought crowds of local families up to the top of the mountain to have fun in the snow and for some people to see snow for the first time, according to TV news reports last night. It just goes to show you that the San Francisco Bay Area can get snow now and then, too. [;)]

Reactions: Flook
#4,408 ·
So far Kentucky is having unusually warm weather - I don't think I have ever been able to ride this late in the year. Usually we have a snow or ice event that causes them to place salt on the roads and my bikes are put away until the spring rains wash the salt off the roads. We had one small ice event a month ago - we have had several rains that washed it away.

On December 24th it was 55f degrees and I went for a ride......rain on the 25th, then I got another 55f degree day and another ride on the 27th!

The entire week as we head into the New Year will have daytime temps in the high 50's or low 60's - with dry weather forecast for Thur/Fri/Sun I might be able to start 2022 with a motorcycle ride!

Then on Sunday night we drop to 21f and 18f the next night....and cold winter weather returns.

#4,412 ·
Weather is fin but cold, mowed the lawns yesterday, sunny today (hooray), but hold on it might rain later for a change[:0][:D]

#4,414 ·
I put on another thousand miles over the weekend. It was cold. It was wet. It was March or April, it seemed.

I want Climate Change!!! This is June, not March! The climate should be changing!!!

You can toss in some Global Warming too.

Sky Plant Natural landscape Road surface Automotive tire

Chris

#4,416 ·
My daughter used to live in Ballard, just north of Seattle, and she would complain that it was cold, overcast, damp, foggy and drizzly the entire year, other than in August and September, which would be their summer. [err] I am not sure that there was any improvement during the "summer" months of June and July. [;)]

#4,417 ·
:D :D I think I heard something on the local news saying it hasn't been this cold and wet for 70 years, so I guess the climate does change. Seventy years ago, it was just like this. We lived through it before, and we'll live through it again.

But...my wishes will be granted, it appears. Global Warming is on the horizon! Yay!! [clap]

Sky Font Electric blue Circle Logo

Looks like summer will be here from Friday till Monday. :D

Ballard is a few miles south of me. I live in the Puget Sound Convergence Zone. There's a good article here.

So we get rain at times when no one else (like in Ballard) is getting it. When I was commuting to the south end of Seattle, I could see it often. The sky above me would be dark, gray and rainy. Then as I approached the Northgate area, which is close to Ballard, the sky would clear up and you'd see blue skies.

Chris

#4,421 ·
We had record cold in parts around here over the weekend. I found it refreshing, my wife? Not so much.

I saw Mount Washington in NH had rime ice and snows over the past few days as well. Folks were calling the spell "Junuary" LOL

#4,422 ·
... Folks were calling the spell "Junuary" LOL
They've been using the same term here. There's actually a weather alert for this area. The temperature is supposed to skyrocket to 80+ F this weekend. A real heatwave. We'll all be complaining about the heat, I'm sure.

Chris

#4,425 ·
I can't believe I wanted Global Warming. :rolleyes: Now that I got it, I want Climate Change. Temps are up to around 90F. Way to hot for the Pacific Northwest.

But luckily, Climate Change is about to happen. We'll go from the low to mid-90s to mid-60s tomorrow. Phew!!! :D

There's something wrong with a sky like this:

Sky Tree Larch Branch Plant

The sky is BLUE! Where's the clouds? The gray sky? This is NOT normal!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.