BMW F800 Forum banner

The Stuff People Say

2M views 3K replies 49 participants last post by  WildWilly 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an interest in what people say. It gives me pause sometimes when some stranger is quoted something they had said that seems to ring true. How about putting down something somebody else supposedly said that seems to ring true with you...

"We’re all going to die.
All of us,
what a circus!
That alone should make us
Love each other but, it doesn’t.
We are terrorized
and flattened by trivialities,
we are eaten up
by nothing."
-Charles Bukoski

#30 ·
Hey RP, I knew right from the start this was going to segueway into your Mark Twain obsession. :)

MT a giant among his peers..

Reactions: Roadpizza
#32 ·
BLUE OYSTER CULT

Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew and then disappeared
The curtains flew and then he appeared
(Saying, "Don't be afraid")

I heard this as a young man, then I started riding motorbicycles...:)

#42 ·
Twain was a cat fancier, "When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." MT

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

#44 ·
“Cats’ whiskers are so sensitive; they can find their way through the narrowest crack in a broken heart.”
- Author unknown

#45 ·
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-Howard Thurman

#54 ·
Yersh weeell my shmoniker isshh, 'al co hol' shame surrname ashh hisss frissst.. hic Jerrst calll mee al

#53 ·
There is no bad beer, just better beer, but the best beer is free beer.

anon (aka 1605)

#57 ·
John Goodman is a great character actor. Truly, larger than life and lovable, even in his most dangerous roles. He has been a frequent actor in the Cohen Brothers films.

"The Big Lebowski"

Walter Sobchak (John Goodman): You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
The Dude (Jeff Bridges): And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean … beyond pacifism?

"Raising Arizona"

Gale Snoats (John Goodman): "We released ourselves on our own recognizance." Gale explaining to H.I. McDonough how he and his brother Evelle have left prison by digging out encountering a sewer pipe along the way.

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou"

Big Dan Teague (John Goodman): You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it.

"Barton Fink"

[Barton is ranting about elitist playwrights]
Barton (John Turturro): Who cares about the fifth Earl of Bathsdrop and Lady Higgenbottom and... and... who killed Nigel Grinchgibbons?

Charlie (John Goodman): I can feel my butt gettin' sore already!

#58 ·
"The howling wind would dust it's
breath, across this barren land,
To sing it's song of emptiness
the words etched in the sand"
Alf Ryall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.