BMW F800 Forum banner

The Stuff People Say

2M views 3K replies 49 participants last post by  WildWilly 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an interest in what people say. It gives me pause sometimes when some stranger is quoted something they had said that seems to ring true. How about putting down something somebody else supposedly said that seems to ring true with you...

"We’re all going to die.
All of us,
what a circus!
That alone should make us
Love each other but, it doesn’t.
We are terrorized
and flattened by trivialities,
we are eaten up
by nothing."
-Charles Bukoski

#2,960 ·
Phil (Roadpizza) started this thread in 2013. He was banned from this forum in 2020. I didn't always agree with everything Phil posted but I always defended his right to free speech. And I disagree with a lot of what is posted in this forum, but I will always be first in line to defend everyone's right to free speech. It's the cornerstone of what makes America great. I'm not debating the rightness or wrongness of Phil's banishment, I'm just trying to keep alive a thread dedicated to free speech.

#2,961 · (Edited)
The forum must be run by Americans.
Phil should've dressed up in fatigues, brandished an automatic rifle and stormed their office whilst not wearing a mask, instead of being critical of certain people on here.

Reactions: WildWilly
#2,977 ·
I Can't Breathe

8 minutes ground by
as a grown man cried
I can't breathe
As his life ebbed away
the world heard him say
I can't breathe

Unarmed and face down
in gut wrenching sound
he begged to be saved
His heart stopped by a knee
in the land of the free
and the home of the brave

I am dismayed by a country I love
hoping one day it will rise above
and accept all men as free
Yet some claim to believe
while refusing to grieve
and now I can't breathe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.