BMW F800 Forum banner

New GS Twin Pics

992K views 1K replies 327 participants last post by  slparry 
#1 · (Edited)
With the F658GS being available real soon in the US, I thought I'd start a picture thread for all those who got themselves one. It would be nice to also see what's you done with it too, before and after [:D] We'll start another one for the F800GS when that one arrives [:)]

Here's mine.

See less See more
#4 ·
What a great looking bike! I've got a gray one on order - can't wait.

BTW - where did you get that T-shirt?? Does it say Morton's on it? Don't recall that my dealer had such a one - think I'll change dealers!

- Lesley

The rider on the graphitan F800ST with the pink helmet in Maryland

#9 ·
I've wanted to go to Morton's for a while - but right now it's out of my riding range and environment. (I avoid 495 and I-95 - in fact pretty much avoid being on any superslab for more than 20 minutes or so!) I looked up some back ways there and they run about 3 hours. 6 hours in the saddle is a painful thought at this point!

It's only two hours if I cage it though. This weekend we're going to the Blue Ridge Parkway and will stop in on the Sherando Rally. The weekend after I have a double picnic weekend - one is the BMWBMW picnic at Summit Point racetrack. Then we're back to BRP the next weekend (we have our popup at a campsite in Montebello which is why we are there so often!). Wow - where does the time go???

So the first Saturday we're home is the 20th! Would that fit into your schedule? I'm also on an alternate work schedule and have every other Friday off, so Fridays around lunch are an option.

#10 ·
"So the first Saturday we're home is the 20th! Would that fit into your schedule? I'm also on an alternate work schedule and have every other Friday off, so Fridays around lunch are an option."

Sorry, but I'll be riding the Smoky Mountains that weekend. I have a few rides scheduled for October, including the following the Mississippi from the headwaters in Minnesota to where the Great River empties into the Gulf. Looks like Sept 6th or 13th or weekends in November works for me.

#32 ·
Malibu:

Thanks for the details.... I hit the website, and if I am not mistaken the price posted of
3,380.00 ZAR (Rand) = 439.059 USD then add shipping and duties ... ouch ;-(

but... would a USA customer need to pay VAT or could that we be exempted???

sigh......................

But they are indeed the best looking I have seen!

Thanks,
Jim

#30 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliment Batamali, I've had a span of compliments since I got her... mostly for the bike though... [:D] but yes, I feel perfect on her and I'm really getting into her, including the very sensitive throttle!

Guys go look here:
www.wildatheartadventure.co.za/

They make a number of very nice products for the bike, I also got the oil pump cover in front, which is simple and works well. Also saw the gear lever which folds back.. very nice - but have not got that yet!
I like soft luggage, so am getting some very nice products made here in Jo'burg to be used for that... will let you know when the brilliant guys get me the prototypes... maybe they can make some more...

Got my handle bar raisers on, I needed them, and will be trying the Heidendau tyres soon... will give you reports on that as I get there... [:D]

#33 · (Edited)
Hi,

Saw this thread so I thought I would post up my new 658.

1100 Miles on the clock and all well. I've fitted a new high screen from Power Bronze, a thingy form Touratech to stop the brake reservoir from flopping around and a 658/800 spedific Scott Oiler as I'm lazy.

The bike has the computer, ABS, main stand and clear lenses.

Thanks

Simon

Attachments

#36 ·
I would say that I should call them to see if I can arrange something for US import, but at over $400 per pair I'm not sure I'd have any takers, especially considering that we have GIVI, SW-Motech, Hepco Becker, Adventure Spec (maybe), Touratech, and BMW bars to choose from.

#39 ·
Rob:

I agree, the only hope would be that a considerable portion of the "price" is VAT that could be backed out for export shipments. If I get a reply from them I will post the results, but like you, I am not optimistic... they are very fine looking though..........

Have you heard any even ballpark pricing on the Adventure Spec bars?

Personally, out of what you listed I like the ADventure Spec the best (... but then I don't have the price...) and the SW-Motech 2nd. Of all the bash plates I think I like the BMW best... although it is not the cheapest.... it does seems to have good coverage in front, and extends far enough in rear to protect the cat. converter...

Jim

#42 ·
I went ahead and reached out to them. If it makes sense, I'll bring them in! VAT doesn't apply to US - we have our own stupid import taxes that I have to pay.

No word on the Adventure Spec bars - I believe the guy behind the company is on vacation currently. He's committed to follow up with me once he gets back though. It's slow going, but I'm confident that we'll be able to do something - I just don't know when though...

I really like being able to help out here. Reaching out, meeting people, making F800 owners happy - plus I get to putz around with some really neat stuff. :D