BMW F800 Forum banner

Sheffield Childrens Hospital, Easter Egg Run

46K views 101 replies 12 participants last post by  Stormin Normin 
#1 ·
http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13594&highlight=sheffield

This event is on again next year, a few guy's have expressed interest in attending over the weekend again.

So it's never too early to collect verbal committments, deposits and donations.

Same hotel, same boozer and ***** Thai or Chinese... :confused: We could even take a trip into ChezVegas if there is enough of us. (just to be safe)

Dates etc to follow asap. whatever date easter weekend is next year.

If there is enough stop over interest I can organise an excellent ride out that the weather cannot spoil.
http://www.spinsheffield.com/tours/Surprise_View/

There is plenty of time for any of our international brothers and sisters to organise flights. :D

#57 ·
Sounds Great.
I'm not sure how ealy I can get away Saturday and have planned on a 12 oclock off to be up there for 4pm ish. Don;t want to hold anyone back this end so happy to make my own way and meet at somepoint on the afternnon rideout if that's easier.

#58 ·
Hmm I forgot do you want Chinese, *****, Thai or Steak :p

#63 ·
Insanity

Ice Cream! On the top of Holme Moor! Are you mad????:eek:

We don't want them all to go back with frostbite do we?:D

Perhaps the ones that survive can become honorary northerners (is that something to aspire to?)

Speak soon - might meet up to go to Ollerton, dependant on times.

:p

#70 ·
Any F800 riders attending the Sheffield run who manage to grab me (not literally please unless you young and female, well I'm not so fussed about the young but the female is critical) I have a little gift for you to take home that may help with your home servicing.
It's quite small and round so easy to stash in a pocket.
I may even send Dunny a copy !

Reactions: Jason C
#71 ·
Whoo, prezzies, do I get one????

Weather report is some rain saturday mainly in the west so as your coming up and from the east you should be fine. Dry later anyway.

Sunday is all good, dry and maybe a little windy (no reference to the ale and ***** from Saturday night!!!!! :D)

Don't come fully loaded with disco clothing etc.
It's dusk here at 5 p.m. and the indian restaurant is not so well lit so you should be OK.
1 toothbrush, 1 comb\hair brush, trousers, shirt and some dosh - thats it.
No looking like cross desert travellers with the panniers fully loaded and outstretched.

See you sat'day afters.

#73 ·
No looking like cross desert travellers with the panniers fully loaded and outstretched.
Well I'll have my side boxes on but I doubt they'll be outstretched as I'm going to see if I can make one pair of pants last 2 days and 1 night out and Storm my friend I do not need pulling clothes, I'll show you on Sunday wait 'till you see the lasses I know up north ;)

I've twisted Skids arm into checking into the hotel early and having a little post ride rest and then hitting the pub early. Sunday will be our day for enjoying the views!
Is that what you call twisting my arm, you just said about going for a few more beers than we did last time and who am I to refuse my ol' mate Pat [thumb]

#72 ·
Too late stormin I plan to test my new rack and my new waterproof holdall. So I may as well bring my pulling clothes along (assuming they aren't moth eaten!)

I've twisted Skids arm into checking into the hotel early and having a little post ride rest and then hitting the pub early.
Sunday will be our day for enjoying the views!

#74 ·
Well, It looks like I might not be going now...

My bloody belt just gave up on me :( I really hope NOG have got some belts in stock and that they can fit me in.

I took a couple of quick pics before putting it in the garage.

It looks really bad now but that was after about ten miles of it slipping on the pulley whilst I limped home.

Attachments

#78 ·
#86 ·
Had a great weekend thanks to Stormin and his pyjama clad, taxi driving, wife!

Had a nice run up even if it was all uphill and blustery.
A nice time in the pub drinking Magnet and then a nice curry.

Saturday we all went to the meet-up for the start of the Easter Egg run for the Children's hospital and boy where there a lot of bikes!
We were joined by Marco and friend ad others to make 2 F800S 1 F800ST (with rattling engine) 2 F800GS and Stormin on his monster GS, plus a Triumph and a Honda VFR.

We did the hospital run for 20 mins or so crawling along in 1st gear in the sun. And then parked up in the park opposite the hospital.
We then left and followed Storming round some of the most amazing roads. Most limited to 50MPH but to be honest that's about all you could do anyway.

Had a great morning and afternoon and then we went our separate ways. A final coffee with Stormin before we left and we managed to prise the duchess Brownies out of Skids hands (I was sure he was going to sob as he saw his stock of brownies dwindle) They were so good they kept us going almost all the way home.

Below are some of the pictures I took. I'll add some more when I get a chance.

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky
Land vehicle Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle
Stage equipment Electronic device Racing Event Competition
Field house Crowd Jacket Event Chair

Land vehicle Car Tire Sky Vehicle
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive tire

Reactions: Scorch
#88 ·
Great piccies Pat,

Well what a great weekend we had and for those that couldn't make it really did miss out big time!

You can see some of the ride on the very recently updated video here:

http://www.sheffieldchildrenshospital.org.uk/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=467

I've looked though it a few times and spotted some of us:

1:36 you see the lady on a F800GS (can't remember her name)
1:41 you see Storm on this blue 1200GS
1:47 Storms mate on the other F800GS (can't remember his name)
1:54 is yours truly
and at 2:17 I'm sure you can hear Jasons exhaust

Thanks Storm for yet another great weekend. You'll have to lower your standards or I'll want to keep coming back again and again.

Also a big thanks to Pat and Jason for the great ride and the brilliant company on and off the bike. You're all so great to spend time with.

#90 ·
Great piccies Pat,

Well what a great weekend we had and for those that couldn't make it really did miss out big time!

You can see some of the ride on the very recently updated video here:

http://www.sheffieldchildrenshospital.org.uk/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=467

I've looked though it a few times and spotted some of us:

1:36 you see the lady on a F800GS (can't remember her name)
1:41 you see Storm on this blue 1200GS
1:47 Storms mate on the other F800GS (can't remember his name)
1:54 is yours truly
and at 2:17 I'm sure you can hear Jasons exhaust
Thanks Storm for yet another great weekend. You'll have to lower your standards or I'll want to keep coming back again and again.

Also a big thanks to Pat and Jason for the great ride and the brilliant company on and off the bike. You're all so great to spend time with.
I managed to sneak in at 1:44! Great day out guys, really enjoyable with top weather and top roads.

#89 ·
We obviously made an impression then! (I'm no good with names either - who are you again?...:))

Great day out and a real occasion. Apparently nearly 1000 bikes turned out.

Thanks to Stormin for organising and hope to do it again next year.

(It's Fran and Tony by the way...:p)

#91 ·
We obviously made an impression then! (I'm no good with names either - who are you again?...:))

Great day out and a real occasion. Apparently nearly 1000 bikes turned out.

Thanks to Stormin for organising and hope to do it again next year.

(It's Fran and Tony by the way...:p)
Sorry Tony I'm not normally bad with names. It was Storms fault for forcing those pints of Magnet in my hand.

I hope to pop up to see you again and a big thanks to you and Fran for leading and TECing for us on Sunday.

#94 ·
I know what you're saying!

I wanted fish 'n' chips so much that I took a special trip to my local fish 'n' chips shop.............

and to my disappointment it was shut! GGGGGRRRR! And then there was the ice cream!

#95 · (Edited)
Well bugger me what a weekend - here are a few snippets and famous last words from the participants

When are we having a cup of tea - Harry the thirsty Cat

Please not that bloody junction - Magnet

Just a shandy and cherry for me please - Skid the SSSD (soft suvvern shandy drinker)

I've haven't brought my camera to not take any pictures - Pat H

Storm, let me show you my leaking front forks - I couldn't shake Jason C off all weekend
I think he kept wanting to show me his oil leak on his front disc and front tyre edge - mad bastud.

Can't you go any faster - Marco and his mate Darryl - the hump backs of Poynton Dame

#102 ·
Shit I forgot I said that. [:I]

#98 ·
Quality video!!*
I'm gutted I missed it!

* Is the fact that none of you lot hooted as you went past, due to the fact that you couldn't find the horn as per usual?

#99 ·
* Is the fact that none of you lot hooted as you went past, due to the fact that you couldn't find the horn as per usual?
Nope beered up mate too much bloody noise, horns blowing n engines revving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.