BMW F800 Forum banner

Fuel pump not working?

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Timbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys...seems like my fuel pump has stopped working. No vibration from it, no fuel coming out of the fuel line. Tried reseting a few times by removing power via the battery terminals, and still nothing, bike will not start.
Before i go and buy a new pump, i just want to make sure i have done all the troubleshooting...any of you out there with experience please advise if there is any other electrical item to check. 2008 F800GS.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi guys...seems like my fuel pump has stopped working. No vibration from it, no fuel coming out of the fuel line. Tried reseting a few times by removing power via the battery terminals, and still nothing, bike will not start.
Before i go and buy a new pump, i just want to make sure i have done all the troubleshooting...any of you out there with experience please advise if there is any other electrical item to check. 2009 F800GS.
Thanks!
A More common failure is the fuel pump controller which sits on top of the fuel pump assy with the wires going to it. There is a way of by-passing it to check the pump, have a look at this site: http://www.hexcode.co.za/techinfo/electric-fuel-pump-controller From your part of the world I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.