BMW F800 Forum banner

F800 Service Companion DVD - Now on YouTube

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
All:

It's been some time since I've been on the forum. For those who don't know, I was the owner of F800Riders.org and F800Depot.com starting in 2005 to the sale of the forum in 2011 and the sale of the shop in 2013. I've been away for some time mainly due (I think) to my father committing suicide. He ran the shop with me until 2013, and frankly, my heart hasn't been in motorcycling ever since.

In cleaning out some of the boxes from the shop recently, I managed to find one of the original Service Companion DVDs that were produced starting in 2008. Re-watching it is a bit horrifying ([lol]) but got me thinking that I should upload it so that it may benefit the community. It's a bit dated (it was after all done on my F800S) but hopefully there is some bit of life left in it. Judging by my PM inbox asking about the DVD, it probably still does. [8D]

I still own an F800 -- a 2009 F650GS Twin. I was actually the first owner, and again the third. My father was the second. All together, it's the fourth F800 I've owned, and I hope I never get rid of it.

My very best to you all. Hopefully I'll be around a bit more going forward...

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you, Rob! Sorry for your loss...

(Can the Youtube video be saved or can I purchase the DVD from F800Depot?)

Kind regards,
Bob R

#9 ·
You all are very welcome. It's nice to be back. (more back?)

(Can the Youtube video be saved or can I purchase the DVD from F800Depot?)

Kind regards,
Bob R
I dont think it can be purchased anymore, but you should be able to download it. There are a few online services that will do this for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=download+youtube+mp4&oq=download+youtube

Two things to keep in mind doing this - 1. Dont use one that installs ANYTHING on your PC. You should be able to find one that you copy/paste the video link into and gives you a download link. 2. Because the video is about 90 minutes long, some might have issues with this. You might need to try a few before one works.

If that doesn't work, just let me know. [:D]

#13 ·
Sure is. Content wise, it's bigger and better than ever. :)

I am actually Motorcycle Insight. (or was, rather) It's an LLC and I'm the sole member. The forums were a part of it until they were sold to Vertical Scope. The Depot (and S1000Depot, ADVDepot, HolanUSA, TwalcomUSA, and Sachs Bikes Pittsburgh) were all different divisions until the eCommerce sites were sold to LM Cycle Supplies in September of 2013, and they continue to run them to this day. Sachs Bikes Pittsburgh was closed and the building that housed everything was sold off. The LLC hans't officically been dissolved by the state, but it has not actually been operating since 2013.

#16 ·
Hey Rob,

Tried your suggestion and no dice. What other alternatives/suggestions can you kindly provide? BTW, great job in producing this valuable tool, and I echo the appreciation of others with your initiative.

Thanks and regards,
Bob

#17 ·
Hi Rob. Great to see you check in.... and look forward to seeing you around again. Glad to hear you still have the F650. I think this is your bike, in the background, from Deal's Gap. Be well.
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Light

#19 ·
Hi Rob. Great to see you check in.... and look forward to seeing you around again. Glad to hear you still have the F650. I think this is your bike, in the background, from Deal's Gap. Be well.
View attachment 164970
Ha! Funny story, that's actually my F800GS and what was my fathers F650GS in the picture. :) That F650GS is downstairs right now.

#20 ·
Rob

Welcome back mate. Real sorry to hear about your Dad it doesn't matter when you loose your parents it's always a massive loss.

So what you been up to?

And come what about the K1?

TTFN
Trevor
Two small kids (the oldest turns 6 on Friday) and 3 year as an IT Director at a law firm. I'm just keeping on.

The K1 is downstairs in the garage too. It's pretty much a big red knickknack at this point. I rode it once this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.