BMW F800 Forum banner

R.I.P. F800ST – spares for sale

5K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Scorch 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, folks, our 5-year-old F800ST is no more.

When I upgraded to the R1200RS, the ST stayed in the family. My wife had just earned her bike licence and took over the ST from me. She loved the bike, and commuted into London on it every day for about a year and a half . But then last Thursday while negotiating heavy traffic on the M11, a car driver changed lanes without signalling or looking, and ploughed into her from the side, knocking her off the bike, which veered off and hit another car. She slid across two lanes of traffic and came to rest on the hard shoulder.
Every single piece of her riding gear was pretty much destroyed, but thank heavens she got away with only a couple of bruises, the worst being on the back of her hand.
We're just waiting on the insurance assessor to confirm, but we expect the bike will be written off, as the list of damaged parts has mounted to more than £5,000 worth, which is more than the market value of the bike.

She's raring to get back on two wheels, and has decided that an S1000R is the bike for her. The only danger is that I'm going to constantly want to steal the thing!

Anyway, I have collected quite a long list of spare parts over my nearly 9 years of F800 ownership (first an S and then the ST), so thought I'd give you lot dibs on anything before it goes to eBay.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be updating the list and the prices and things and adding photos, but a quick summary of what's going to be on offer:

• Akrapovic titanium slip-on - this has done a lot of miles, and has a few minor scuffs (mostly from the carbon fibre exhaust hanger), but it still works brilliantly, and sounds great. It comes with a DB killer and a catalytic converter, though neither have been in the can for years. £120

• F800ST wheels - after only a couple of thousand miles, I swapped out the ST wheels for S wheels, but have kept the ST wheels in the garage ever since. I can sell them as a set, or individually. They have no tyres or tyre pressure sensors, as the sensors were transferred to the S wheels. £100 each or £180 for the pair.

• BMW Tank Rucksack - the original large tank bag. Only used briefly, so in excellent condition, thought the mounting kit stayed on the bike and looks pretty tatty. These can be replaced for about £15, I think. £75 -- **SOLD**

• F800S / ST full headlight - bought from Europe, so not sure whether the light configuration will work for the UK. £25

• F800S / ST standard height seat. £90 -- **SOLD**

• F800ST luggage grid. £45

• Screens - I have pretty much every F800S / ST screen going, at various prices. Photos and descriptions to follow.
    • Examples - MRA Vario, Tinted S screen, Tinted ST screen, various stock screens, hacked down stock screen (experiment), Vstream Touring screen, Powerbronze short double bubble, etc. The only one missing is the Skidmarx double bubble, which was destroyed in the accident.
    • -- Powerbronze Double Bubble **SOLD**

• Mirrors - I have a few around. One set will be the original 'short' ones that inevitably go floppy after a while. Free if you pay postage.

• Mirror extenders - I bought these, but never fitted them. £10

• Levers - complete set to replace any damaged ones. Various prices

• F800S Clutch cable. Used. I don't think this will work on an ST as they are shorter. £10

• 1 x Tyre Pressure Sensor. Brand new, in box. £20

• Drive belt - 23,000 miles and replaced by dealer. It still looked to be in good nick. £40
    There may be another drive belt as well, which I obtained as a spare. I'll confirm if I find it.

• Top box - This is in great nick on the top, but underneath it's showing the beginnings of the infamous cracking (see various threads on this). I also no longer have a key, so the lock will have to be changed. £40

(All prices exclude postage).
(Reasonable offers will be considered)

See less See more
#42 ·
No sorry, that would have gone with the written-off bike.

#44 ·
skylinedude, I live in Northants, I have two screens for the ST. PM me for my address and when to view, otherwise I will be at the Oakley bike club tonight from 5:30 on wards, if you want to pop over. Just ask for Flook

#46 ·
The standard screen came with the bike, the Givi I bought when I bought the bike, the Madstad is not for sale, that is the better screen ever in my opinion.

I have sent a PM.

#50 ·
Tell you what, get your other half, and children if you have any, bring yourselves along to the Oakley bike club tonight. There is food, drink and a field with play area for youngsters, its game on from 6pm to about 11pm. Food closes at 9ish, decent food as well.

If you do decide to come over, either ask for Flook or check out the red shirts, who are Committee members inc me, I am the short tubby one.

I have arranged good weather as well. By the way, if your coming along look up the club, you will see what we do, and look up where we are.

Flook

#51 ·
Jeez, Flook, are you trying to steal my customers away?!?

Blimmin' heck!
The cheek!

[:D]

Skylinedude, I will see if I can dig out the exhaust and take pictures tonight. I'm going to be in packing panic mode for my upcoming tour, though (leaving tomorrow night), so may not get around to it until I get back after next weekend.

#54 ·
Hi Ross, just received the gear changer today in the post, many thanks, you must let me know how much I owe you.

Have you sold your screens yet, that guy from Rushden has not been in touch, so I assume he does not want a screen, or he has decided to go with you, which I would not blame him, as you are a very kind and generous person.

Hope to meet up soon.

Flook

#55 ·
Really sorry that I have not been in touch regarding the screens but my main purchase was going to be an exhaust, screens were just a side purchase BUT unfortunately both may just have to wait a bit longer as my bike has developed a fault. Seems like the clutch is slipping when I give it some wellie and also MOT due 1st week in July, need to find a reliable independent garage to fix and do MOT. Have a feeling this is going to cost me a bit so luxury items are unfortunately going to have to wait :(.

#56 ·
Haha! No need to apologise! I'm the one who hasn't gotten his act together. I have a mountain of stuff in the garage and just haven't found the time to organise everything and push to sell it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.