F800R vibrate on 5000 rpm - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

06-04-18
    Hello everybody!
    I just bought f800r 3 month ago , I drive bike 1-4900 rpm is very comfortable but found huge vibrate on my hand around 5000-6000 rpm.

Do you ever seen on this ? and How to fix ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mouse
    3 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '07 F 800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '06 K1200S
    Motorcycle
    '16 Thruxton
    Motorcycle
    '75 CB750-4 S/S
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800 ST
    Birdjaza,you are now a member of the numb hands club.,welcome.
    It's been discussed to near death,these bikes are buzzy.I personally don't find it much of a problem but others have sold their bikes because of it.

Real Name
    Daniel
    5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    I found I had less vibrations after installing an aftermarket slip on (Delkevic), they still intensified around 5k.
    I later got curious about the 2017 Akrapovic for my bike and while stupid expensive it did do one thing for me, it removed the "should I rev past that heavier vibration?" Spots across the rpm range, with baffles removed that reduction made everything a little smoother yet.
    It's like an entirely different bike now.

Hand numbing I have never really experienced after the first 2-300 miles of the bike's life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '17 F700GS in San Antonio, TX 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

06-04-18
    Thank you for all answer , I have an idea to change hand bar end to R&G or HPMV but not sure is it better than BMW stock bar end or not ?

Real Name
    Dave Watson
    5 Days Ago
    Birdjaza. As Cheesyrider says there are many threads on this forum dealing with this subject. Although all the f800 iterations suffer from some buzziness around the 5000 rpm mark, some seem worse than others. Some riders also seem to be much more affected by them too. Anyway, if you wish to try changing the bar end weights, keep in mind that to move the vibration you feel up the rpm scale (say to 5.500rpm), then an increase in weight is required. Keep in mind that many after market bar end weights are lighter than the ones already fitted to our bikes, so may make matters worse. Without looking up my parts CDROM, I think the standard weights fitted are 14oz (400g) There are not many after market ones much heavier than that, although I have seen a few 16oz (495g). Before lashing out your hard earned cash, only to find out it didn't acheive the result you wanted, try wrapping some strips of lead sheeting around the bar ends. wrap some electrical tape over the top to hold it in place. Doesn't look too flash but at least you can see what effect extra weight will have. Dave

Real Name
    Mike C
    2 Days Ago
    Hi, I solved the vibrations, gasping for air etc in the mid-range with a Dyno tune and Powercommander controller done by a guy who knew what he was doing. He tuned it right through the rev range ( took a few hours and a lot of bucks, but quite honestly - it is a different bike and as I intend to keep it for a few years, worth the money. It revs straight through and no obvious change in vibration, got a few extra horsepower and with my GPR exhaust, sounds fabulous. You need to have the exhaust you want to use before doing the dyne, as it changes everything. But it is still a parallel twin bouncing up and down together - so no miracles possible........ - My old TDM900 had a perfect parallel twin feel (270degree firing), sound and performance (when modified to get rid of low-down snatch) - but my chipped BMW F800GT is now a great bike to ride.

Real Name
    Alistair Yuill
    08-15-18
    After unsuccessfully trying to sell my bike because of the vibrations (at 4000rpm) and BMW calling it normal, I was forced to try and make the bike comfortable for long term ownership. I started by making aluminium handle bar risers. Voila, the vibs disappeared. I think that the handlebars had been over tightened, thus compressing the rubber cushions. Try loosening the tension in the handle bar support structure. Not sure what it is called. Pull the whole lot apart and look at it and you will understand what I am talking about. 20,000kms later, I still rev it occasionally for the sheer joy of not feeling the hand tingling. Have grown to love the bike.
    Let us know if that works.

Real Name
    Matt
    05-28-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800R
    Sounds like a good fix. My 2013 starts buzzing around 5-6000 rpm. Is it possible to replace or place thicker rubber bushings/ washers? I haven't had mine apart, yet.

Real Name
    Bob Cuttler
    3 Weeks Ago
    My 2013 800GT had serious vibrations when new. BMW it seems tried to *fix* a vibration that became hand numbing at 75mph by having the speedo run 5 miles to fast, so when it showed 75 you were only doing 70, a speed at which the vibes were not so bad. I added temorary weight to the bars by duct taping wheel weights on, and that was helpful. The real fix though, was riding the bike. Things improved at 5,000 miles, and was pretty much no problem past 7-8, 000 miles. Now have 60,000 and mostly don*t notice much, even though I do lots of high speed travel. Doing 500 mile days, pretty much every day there will be a period of annoying vibes, but lasting only 15 minutes or so. Usually brought on by lugging the motor, trying to return to highway speed after slowing to say 50 mph, without down shifting. Seems the bike doesn*t like that. BTW, my temporary weight installation is still on the bike some 55,000 miles later. : )

Bob

Real Name
    Jurgen
    05-25-20
    Motorcycle
    '19 Super Cub C125
    Motorcycle
    '02 Sprint RS
    Motorcycle
    '90 Le Mans
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    I've never noticed any vibration through the 'bars on my 2015 F800R. I do get some vibration through the foot pegs which is dependent on the boots I wear. Nothing too bad though and I hardly notice the vibration.
    padaek - A putrid and fetid smelling fermented fish sauce from Laos. 

Real Name
    Jim
    07-04-18
    Motorcycle
    '10 R1200RT
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800S
    I've had my bike re-mapped, pretty smooth and pulls right up to the rev limiter. As it's the old silver engine, it still rattles.....
    Still, can't have everything.

4 Days Ago
    Hello All

Im new to the forum.

A few members have pointed out that this topic has been discussed a lot in the forum.
    The reason why Im asking for any tips is that I am really finding this to be a major problem with a bike that I thought would be a pleasure to own.
    Unfortunately its not worked out this way.
    Yes your right and its probably my fault as I took the bike for a test ride and in the 30 minutes I rode the bike I didn't experience so much vibes.
    I Should have taken it for a longer ride on the motorway also..

I have only had my F800R 2009 model three months and the vibes are driving me nuts....
    The bike has relatively low KMs with 8000 KM in total and its like new.
    I have the issue that after about 40 minutes of riding both hands start to be numb. The best way to describe it is when you go to the dentist and you get the injection and your mouth starts to slowly lose feeling and go numb.
    So far I have tried, several grips including Grip puppies but nothing worked. The Grip Puppies seemed to actually make my hands worse.
    I tried the 25mm spacers for the bars from Wunderlich. The riding position was more comfortable but the hands were the same numbness.

I checked and torqued the handlebar mounts to make sure they were not over tightened and they were correctly torqued.
    I also checked the top yoke mount that the bars are screwed onto (top of the forks) but where also ok.
    Tried different gloves but no luck...

The only options I have left are:
    Heavier Bar Ends such as HVMP. kind of expensive but are supposed to improve the situation of numb hands & vibes...
    New Rizoma bars that are supposed to absorb some vibes. The only issue here is that I would also need to get heavier bar ends as the original BMW Bar ends wont fit.
    Lead shot filled into the handlebars. Sounds a bit extreme but nothing to lose if it works..
    Trying small pieces of rubber spaced between the handlebars and the clamps (someone suggested cutting up some Bicycle inner tubes and using them)??
    Changing the front sprocket to have longer gearing....
    A few members mentioned replace or place thicker rubber bushings/ washers?? Can someone please explain or post a photo as I have no idea what washers are meant? by the looks of my bike there are no rubber washers on the top yoke?

The final option of buying another bike would be a shame as the bike is apart from the vibes a really great bike...

Cheers Robbie

Real Name
    Chris
    10 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Welcome to the forum, Robbie. I don't have the answers on the rubber bushings/washers for you. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you.

NY Bob in post #9 had a novel and low cost fix. Tape lead wheel weights to the handlebars. If it works, it would let you know if any of the more expensive options would be worth it before spending money on them.

I wish you luck. I've only ridden two F800GTs and neither have any vibration that is an issue.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

Real Name
    Matt
    05-28-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800R
    Another option, at least one we have local, is that they have lead tape in our local fly fishing shop. It's easy to cut and adheres well to handlebars and fly fishing reels

Real Name
    Phil
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 Drz400sm
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800R
    Hi Robbie,

I have the same year F800R with stock mirrors, handlebars & end-weights yet don't seem to have anything like the vibration you are talking about... unless I'm cruising between 4200rpm & 5000rpm. My old KTM 390 Duke shook like a diesel-powered vibrator (dunno where I read that expression but it's a beauty) & grip puppies didn't help there either, so I understand.

I'll ask a silly question... are you sure it's vibration causing your numb hands ?

I also suffered from numb hands & after reading about the theory behind QWI Motorcycle gloves decided to experiment with my grips, rather than my gloves. What I did was buy some grip puppies, cut each one into thirds then slip 1 piece all the way onto the grip, leave a gap of equal width then slip another piece onto the outboard end of the grip. Leaving that gap in the middle eased the pressure on the nerves causing the numbness so now I can ride for hours without anywhere near the numbness I used to have.

I dunno if this will help you or not but I thought I'd pass it on.
    Regards,
    Phil. 

Real Name
    Chris
    10 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Phil, you bring up a good point. I had carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. The right, worse than the left. Just putting my hand in the "right" position, put it to sleep.

The surgery took about 30 minutes for each hand. (You don't want to do both at the same time.)

The numbness in my hands went away totally. There's an easy test to see if you have it. They put some leads on the fingers and put an electrical charge to them. I asked the doc why he had to put the charge up so high that it made me jump. His answer was that that was how much voltage it took to get a reading to my nerves. For someone who hates the idea he might be a hypochondriac, it proved I did have a problem. It was one of the best surgeries I've ever had.

Chris

Real Name
    emlevy
    3 Hours Ago
    I'd also confirm your tires are not worn or out of round and that your rims are true. It's possible something is out of balance / oscillating at certain speeds.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
    2013 BMW F800GT | 2015 BMW R1200RT | 2014 Honda CB1100 DLX | 2019 Honda Monkey 

20. Likesgtutunjian liked this post

5 Days Ago
    Although the 5k rpm vibration never particularly bothered me I used a lathe to make some stainless steel weighs to go inside the handle bar ends to extend some after market aluminium bar ends. That added a couple of hundred grams to each side and makes quite a noticeable difference.

4 Days Ago
    Hi Guys....
    Firstly sorry for not replying sooner to all your good tips. Ive been busy with the other things in life like, Family, work and Garden

Just a few points...I'm 48 years of age so heading in the direction of 50 so I am also open to issues with me and not the bike...The carpal tunnel syndrome could be an issue as I sometimes get numbness when riding my mountain bike but I dont get it when riding my sons CBR Honda or either of my old Vespas...
    As a few mentioned the position of hands and the weight placement of the body during riding all affect this numbness.

I good point about the wheel balancing that I will also have to check. The Tires are in a very good condition and only a couple of 1000km old.

I have a bit of good news. On the weekend I tried something radical and made the following.
    I purchased a pair of rubber Hebo motocross grips and fitted them to the bars.
    I then placed normal foam Grips (not Grip Puppies) over the motocross grips. It was a little tight getting them on but I used washing-up liquid to slide them over.
    The numbness has improved dramatically with slight numbness only in the fingertips and my hands no longer go to sleep after a 300km ride yesterday.

I believe the two pairs of Grips have changed the frequency of the vibrations to a level that is better for me. Strange is that the Grip Puppies over normal grips made the situation worse.
    So in the end the frequency seems to be a very personal thing that varies from person to person.

Im sure that with heavier bar-ends I will have this issue solved.
    If I solve this issue I will be very happy with the F800R...

There is nothing better that riding an F800r effortlessly over the Swiss mountains passes in Summer....
    A plus is always to feel your hands again when you stop for a coffee

I will keep you all posted

Cheers
    Robbie

07-04-19
    The HPMV bar end weights cut the horrible vibration in 1/2 for me. It would be great to get that down lower though.

Real Name
    Mike C
    2 Days Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by birdjaza View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I just bought f800r 3 month ago , I drive bike 1-4900 rpm is very comfortable but found huge vibrate on my hand around 5000-6000 rpm.

Do you ever seen on this ? and How to fix ?
    Hi, see my quote below: I know this is repetitive, and it isn't cheap and we shouldn't need to do it, but I am sure the issues are in the engine mapping/fuelling. Even when guys say they got some relief by changing exhausts, what is really happening is the engine is running differently with each different can, leaner/richer etc unless mapped to the can. They have fluked a better combination. I was totally disappointed originally with the engine on my F800GT 2016. Now it is a different bike, but I bought mine new, so was prepared to spend extra as it was a long term investment for me. The dealer knew ( same workshop) and didn't raise any issues re warranty etc. I do a significant ride each year as one of two vacations I get per annum so I desperately wanted my bike perfect - and it pretty much is. Also fitted K&N Airfilter as suggestion of Dyno guy. It all helps.

"Hi, I solved the vibrations, gasping for air etc in the mid-range with a Dyno tune and Powercommander controller done by a guy who knew what he was doing. He tuned it right through the rev range ( took a few hours and a lot of bucks, but quite honestly - it is a different bike and as I intend to keep it for a few years, worth the money. It revs straight through and no obvious change in vibration, got a few extra horsepower and with my GPR exhaust, sounds fabulous."

Trying all sorts of cheap handle bar fixes to work around the core problem seems a bit pointless to me if the problem is that bad.

Finally re the hand numbness - the median nerve runs straight through the carpal tunnel and very close to the surface of the wrist . If you have gloves with hard undersurface protectors for that hands-out fall, or even lumpy gloves most folks will finally get some numbness ( I have a pair of gloves that brings it on within 30 mins). I do like the trick of cutting the add-on grips in half with a gap in the middle to avoid direct pressure on the median nerve, but in fact the gap needs to be where you position your hand on the grip, the nerve being ever so slightly on the thumb side of midline. Hope that helps. Cheers

07-25-19
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800R
    Motorcycle
    '91 VX800
    Motorcycle
    '99 F650 Funduro
    I'm 65 and have had the 800R for some 7 years. The carpal tunnel/numbness has gone away once I relaxed my grip. I also noticed the past few years that in the mornings the carpal tunnel went away after about 20 minutes of riding - sooner, if I flexed my left hand against my helmet (I'm left handed), where I'd had carpal tunnel on/off for the past few decades. Switching to an ergo, right handed computer mouse also helped reduce that pre-existing condition.

The vibration is still there, as indicated by the blurry images in the rear view mirrors, but it's a small price to pay for a nice ride!
    Enjoy,
    Ferenc

26. Likesgtutunjian liked this post

05-27-20
    Hi everybody i'm new here, I put barkbuster storm handguards on my bike, the ones that just fasten to the end of the bars. This was to keep my fingers warm in the winter but an added bonus was the vibration felt through the bars was reduced so much that it wasn't a problem anymore at all.

Real Name
    Pete
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '06 Bullet 500EX
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    Quote Originally Posted by Efin8r View Post
    Hi everybody i'm new here, I put barkbuster storm handguards on my bike, the ones that just fasten to the end of the bars. This was to keep my fingers warm in the winter but an added bonus was the vibration felt through the bars was reduced so much that it wasn't a problem anymore at all.
    interesting ... I have never felt much vibration through the handle bars; However on thinking about it one of the first things i installed was a set of 'barkbuster storm' guards and that involved bolting two aluminium brackets (read extra weights) on the bars.
    "The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, 

07-26-18
    Hi Robbie,

Thanks for the posts, I am going to try a set of bar end weights to see how I get on, being a new rider I think I add to my problems by gripping to tightly and after an hour my hands are so numb its uncomfortable to continue. I am going on 7 hour ride into the passes on Saturday which I cant wait for but I may need a few breaks to get the feeling back!

As you say nothing better than riding the passes on an F800R! although my mate with an S1000XR would disagree lol.

4 Days Ago
    Hi Guys...So I have some great news..
    Vibrations are 80% gone now after fitting a pair of HVMP bar ends.
    Fitted them today and went for a one hour ride on the motorway sitting comfortably at 120 KM/H and 5000 RPM.
    I could ride now all day at this speed with very minimal vibration.
    This was unthinkable before fitting the new bar-ends so its really transformed the bikes comfort.

To be honest Im really shocked that there is such an improvement.
    The vibration was so bad I was actually thinking of selling the bike.....not any more.
    This is how BMW should of had these bikes leave the factory.
    Now my F800R is a joy to ride.

One last point. I also changed the standard bars to a set of Rizoma alloy bars as the original F800R bars i found really uncomfortable.

Hope this helps someone enjoy there F800R again...

Thanks also to everyone for all the tips..
    Cheers Robbie

5 Days Ago
    Hi All,

It seems that the F800R does leave the factory with substantial bar weights. See:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=32_1335

They look to be exactly the same as the massive solid steel ones that came on my '97 F650, so nothing really changes. To defend BMW, I am sure that something as basic as this has been understood for a long time.

My F800R came with after market bars fitted and no weights at all. Adding decent weights to mine (see my post above ) sorted it for me. I am glad that you have it solved.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie 11 View Post
    Hi Guys...So I have some great news..
    Vibrations are 80% gone now after fitting a pair of HVMP bar ends.
    Fitted them today and went for a one hour ride on the motorway sitting comfortably at 120 KM/H and 5000 RPM.
    I could ride now all day at this speed with very minimal vibration.
    This was unthinkable before fitting the new bar-ends so its really transformed the bikes comfort.

To be honest Im really shocked that there is such an improvement.
    The vibration was so bad I was actually thinking of selling the bike.....not any more.
    This is how BMW should of had these bikes leave the factory.
    Now my F800R is a joy to ride.

One last point. I also changed the standard bars to a set of Rizoma alloy bars as the original F800R bars i found really uncomfortable.

Hope this helps someone enjoy there F800R again...

Thanks also to everyone for all the tips..
    Cheers Robbie

Real Name
    Mike C
    2 Days Ago
    Hi, I have a 12 min Youtube video riding over Granya Gap in Victoria, Aust, on way home from Philip Island Motogp last year. Loaded up with gear for 10 days away, and leading a bunch of big bore KTM/BMW/Triumphs over the Gap. Speeds were well within skills and conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRoOZwdQIs

This bike has been Power Commander chipped, dyno tuned, K&N, Italian GPR exhausts - it has no vibrations through the rev range, pulls perfectly with no mid-range struggle and sounds wonderful - I think much of the vibration stuff being discussed is in the engine tune, associated with pollution control etc. My bike is just a different bike compared to the one I bought - problem solved permanently. Oh and yes, in Australia country areas you ride in the middle of the road a lot - always looking for the wild life lurking in the bushes on the side of the road - made worse by our drought which has kangaroos coming close to roads etc - and if you hit one of those buggers, well its not a good ending Im afraid.

33. LikesBikerbaker liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '04 XBR12 Firebolt
    Motorcycle
    '86 C90
    Motorcycle
    '90 C90
    Motorcycle
    '00 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '06 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecummin View Post
    Hi, I have a 12 min Youtube video riding over Granya Gap in Victoria, Aust, on way home from Philip Island Motogp last year. Loaded up with gear for 10 days away, and leading a bunch of big bore KTM/BMW/Triumphs over the Gap. Speeds were well within skills and conditions.
    Enjoyed that. Brought back memories from earlier this year but a bit nearer Melbourne and on my Postie. Rode that with my son on his Gladys to the Phillip Island Classic. Roads were melting on the way home. Going again next year, pity I can't justify buying an F800 out there. Or can I?

Reading the comments about the Barkbusters gave me a "lightbulb" moment. I fitted a set of Barkbuster Blizzards to my GT last October and removed them in April and it hadn't occurred to me that they had contributed to the lessening of handlebar vibes. I fitted Grip Puppies which help but not as much as my winter gloves do. I can live with it at the moment but will be putting the Blizzards back on soon, before a trip to SW France.

Real Name
    Alistair Yuill
    08-15-18
    To understand the importance of the handle bar weights, try removing them and taking the bike for a ride. Quite a difference.

5 Days Ago
    I'm chiming in here because I have a 2016 that I bought new as a commuter for to and from work. I noticed buzzing early on but my ride is short enough and on city streets I didn't give it much thought. I have done some longer rides and had some hand tingling but dealt with it.

However, last week I went for a ride that involved some highway riding between 70-80mph for about a half hour. I got off the bike when I got home and my hands and feet had that horrible numb feeling from excessive vibration. The bike vibrated quite a bit while riding and I've tolerated the buzzing on other bikes but my F800r was by far the worst I've experienced and it seems to be getting worse. The bike has a little over 4000 miles now.

I see everyone trying handlebar weights and such but that won't help my feet. i feel like a bike shouldn't be this bad, so do I have a deeper problem with the engine itself? I'd think twice about taking this bike on longer rides in the future. If it's shaking this much, how long till parts start falling off?

Bike is completely stock.

Real Name
    Chris
    10 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    You might ask your mechanic if the F800 throttle bodies can be synchronized.

Chris

5 Days Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by wantahertzdonut View Post
    I'm chiming in here because I have a 2016 that I bought new as a commuter for to and from work. I noticed buzzing early on but my ride is short enough and on city streets I didn't give it much thought. I have done some longer rides and had some hand tingling but dealt with it.

However, last week I went for a ride that involved some highway riding between 70-80mph for about a half hour. I got off the bike when I got home and my hands and feet had that horrible numb feeling from excessive vibration. The bike vibrated quite a bit while riding and I've tolerated the buzzing on other bikes but my F800r was by far the worst I've experienced and it seems to be getting worse. The bike has a little over 4000 miles now.

I see everyone trying handlebar weights and such but that won't help my feet. i feel like a bike shouldn't be this bad, so do I have a deeper problem with the engine itself? I'd think twice about taking this bike on longer rides in the future. If it's shaking this much, how long till parts start falling off?

Bike is completely stock.
    That does seem a little excessive. I have a '13 F800R and it does have the classic vibration as it spools up through 5000-6000 rpm which is irritating if you want to cruise in that rev range. Having said that I could ride it all day perfectly comfortably. Extra vibration around those revs is normal for that engine. I have never noted vibration through my feet at any revs.

I bought some aluminium bar end 'weights' which are really no weights at all but do give a nice finished bar end. Turned up the largest stainless steel plugs I could to slip into the bars inside those bar ends. The extra mass made a significant improvement. I seldom even notice it now.

One alternative suggestion. Are you perfectly relaxed? Clutching the bars or riding with a feather light touch? Shoulders, arms, fingers really relaxed? Supporting your body on the oncoming air or clutching the bars to hold yourself on the bike? Are your feet hooked in your heel or resting on the balls of your feet? Posture and being relaxed makes an enormous difference too.

Cheers and enjoy your lovely bike!
    M

Real Name
    John
    5 Days Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecummin View Post
    Hi, I solved the vibrations, gasping for air etc in the mid-range with a Dyno tune and Powercommander controller done by a guy who knew what he was doing. He tuned it right through the rev range ( took a few hours and a lot of bucks, but quite honestly - it is a different bike and as I intend to keep it for a few years, worth the money. It revs straight through and no obvious change in vibration, got a few extra horsepower and with my GPR exhaust, sounds fabulous. You need to have the exhaust you want to use before doing the dyne, as it changes everything. But it is still a parallel twin bouncing up and down together - so no miracles possible........ - My old TDM900 had a perfect parallel twin feel (270degree firing), sound and performance (when modified to get rid of low-down snatch) - but my chipped BMW F800GT is now a great bike to ride.
    Hi Mike, I know your comment was a few years ago but is it possible I could find out who did your Dynotune for you please? I also live in Sydney and would be keen on getting this characteristic sorted.
    Thanks John

Real Name
    Randy
    2 Days Ago
    For what it's worth, I have done the opposite of the common wisdom. I added the rubber mounted risers, added grip puppies and removed the bar weights. My vibration issues are minimal. The vibration issue is a resonance issue. It is going to depend on how your bike is set up. The addition of a phone mount or how tight bolts are torqued can have some effect. I don't think that there's one solution. I would recommend isolating the vibration, then start adding or removing the mass at the end of the bars. Consider retorquing some fasteners.
    Randy
    2010 F800ST 

4 Days Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Randyjaco View Post
    For what it's worth, I have done the opposite of the common wisdom. I added the rubber mounted risers, added grip puppies and removed the bar weights. My vibration issues are minimal. The vibration issue is a resonance issue. It is going to depend on how your bike is set up. The addition of a phone mount or how tight bolts are torqued can have some effect. I don't think that there's one solution. I would recommend isolating the vibration, then start adding or removing the mass at the end of the bars. Consider retorquing some fasteners.
    Randy
    Hi Randjaco
    Which rubber mounted risers do you mean? Sounds interesting, do you have a link?

Cheers Robbie

Real Name
    Randy
    2 Days Ago
    That's a good question. The risers came as extra parts from the seller. Here are some pictures. Maybe you can tell me. There's a script "R" ingraved on the outer side. I just put them on to raise the bars and then found out that they significantly reduced the vibration.
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200629_190629.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	366043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200629_190615.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.55 MB 
ID:	366045  
    2010 F800ST