Hot air on thighs - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Steve
    07-26-18
    I have a 2014 f800GT and find the hot air that comes out of the eyelet vent near my thighs get quite hot in temps over 25 degrees. There was a lot of discussion on this subject a few years ago and I was wondering if a fix was found. Further have the 2016, 2017 models been updated so this problem doesnt exit any more. I am considering changing to a R1200R as the weather gets very warm in Australia

2. Likes georgefl liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    emlevy
    3 Days Ago
    I'm unaware of any specific changes on the latest GT models. In fact, yours is the first I've read about heat issues on the GT (but it has been beaten to death by ST owners).

I must ask: Do you ride in short pants, mesh, or jeans? If so, you may find proper insulated riding gear to be the easiest fix.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
    2012 BMW R1200R Classic | 2015 BMW R1200RT

5. Likes notacop liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I have a 2014 GT and I've occasionally felt the heat coming off the frame. Like emlevy asked, what are you wearing on your legs?

I rode through some very hot weather last summer. 40C. If I had a side wind, I could feel the heat on the downwind leg. The simple answer was to move my leg out just a bit. If the wind was coming from any other direction, or the side wind wasn't that strong, I never noticed it.

I also noticed that when the temperature was 32C or higher, it really didn't matter. The heat coming off the engine wasn't noticeable. When it was that hot, I was hot all over.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6

7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Steve
    07-26-18
    I ride wearing Kevlar jeans. Leathers are too hot in summer and I haven’t tried textilepants yet.

Real Name
    Steve
    07-26-18
    Hi Chris
    From a your previous post in “GST Hot crotch” that you tried using an old inner tube piece to block off heat radiating off the frame and air flow. Did this work?

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    I sympathise as even in this country I've felt my inner thighs 'poached' when riding in 'warm' weather. I wear light weight trousers under thick(ish) armoured textile motorcycle trousers. It was just as bad with my Hein Gerick textile trousers. In my case it is my short legs which only just reach the ground as my knees are exactly over these vents. Last year when going to Inverness to start the NC500 I couldn't bear it and stuck some gaffer tape over the vents. Not pretty, but bliss! I took it off over the winter as I appreciated extra warmth......

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Steve, the kevlar pants may be contributing to the issue for you. But I'm only making a guess, since I've only had one textile riding pants since I bought my bike. FWIW, I use an older version of the Olympia X-Moto pants. Got them on close-out for about $200 less than they are selling now. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...x-moto-2-pants My thought is the thinner weight of the kevlar pants that makes them less hot in Australia, also lets the heat in from the bike.

It's not an easy "fix". Well, moving your legs away from the side of the bike an inch or so is easy if you consider that a fix. Personally, that's what I do now. As for the air coming out of the vent, the rubber did stop it from coming through there. Eventually, I took it off as it didn't seem to make much difference overall. I bought one of those infrared thermometers at Harbor Freight for $20 and spent some time measuring the heat coming off the frame last summer. I don't remember the figures now, but it surprised me on how hot the frame gets. It isn't so bad when air is going over it, but once you stop like at a traffic light, there's nowhere for the engine heat to go but into the frame. It becomes a huge heatsink.

As I read through motorcycle reviews, I do see that most bikes seem to have a heat problem. If you think about it, you are sitting on top of the engine. And even though the F800 has a "small" engine by today's standards, it still puts out more horsepower than some of the cars I've owned have had. That horsepower is created by burning gas and one of the by products of burning that gas is heat. My last bike, a Honda NT700V (Deauville), had a metal gas tank that did the same thing. There was one stretch of lights approaching the freeway onramp that used to be torture. The gas tank got so hot on the thighs that it seemed like it would burn me. All I could think about, was finally getting on the freeway to get some air on the tank and cool it off.

I'm not sure any of that helps...

Chris

Real Name
    Steve
    07-26-18
    Yes I have thought it might event vertically challenged people like myself.

Real Name
    Steve
    07-26-18
    Thanks for your thoughts. Possibly there is no answer but it’s worth having the discussion.

The bike is great to ride and would seem a small issue to put up with.

Ride safe

07-08-18
    It does get a bit hot, but then: it is nice in Northern Europe!
    In Dubai it is a totally different ball game.. and even taking the legs as far as on a customised Harley doesn't help. I was tempted to do some small mod on the airflow but I am so impressed it never overheats, even stopped at the endless traffic lights... that I decided to let the German engineering work it's wonder as it was ment to.

The K1300R is much better as the airflow is not channeled by the fairing.

Real Name
    Dale Stucker
    05-31-18
    Quote Originally Posted by 1650 View Post
    I have a 2014 f800GT and find the hot air that comes out of the eyelet vent near my thighs get quite hot in temps over 25 degrees. There was a lot of discussion on this subject a few years ago and I was wondering if a fix was found. Further have the 2016, 2017 models been updated so this problem doesn’t exit any more. I am considering changing to a R1200R as the weather gets very warm in Australia
    I use the square Goldwing wind deflectors by National Cycle mounted on my case guards to help with that on my F700GS. Turned one way they cool me down. Turned the other they help to deflect cold air in the winter. took a bit of ingenuity but my setup works great.

Real Name
    Mike C
    08-12-21
    Quote Originally Posted by 1650 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. Possibly there is no answer but its worth having the discussion.

The bike is great to ride and would seem a small issue to put up with.

Ride safe
    Hi, I am a Sydney boy. Definitely agree the heat from the F800GT is real and a problem. I have all types of riding gear and pretty much in summer, would almost get burns through some of my kevlar and mesh pants.

I solved the problem totally and have really made my bike look great with the Sasaki Sports Club Frame Heat Guard - a carbon fibre cover which fits perfectly over the offending section of the frame . It isn't cheap, but I want to keep this beaut little bike for a long time so the investment was worth it. It is incredibly easy to fit and has totally solved my issues. And my F800GT looks quite special - "What?? A carbon fibre frame??"

Google Sasaki Sports Club on the net and narrow down for F800GT and you will see advert and photo. It can also be found on eBay but about same price I think. Has same photo there.

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	SSC.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	330593

17. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Werner Graf
    04-21-19
    Can you please post a picture of your moded 800GT? I wrapped the exhaust pipes helped a lot.Menspreading helped. Stopping in the city (red lights) when the vent blowing notice the heeaaat. Vent jumps in not so often.
    Last edited by headroom; 06-03-18 at 08:17 AM.

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    It isn't a GT picture, but assume it fits and too pricey for me!

Real Name
    emlevy
    3 Days Ago
    I broke two of my cardinal rules on Friday: I rode to work (I normally don't commute by motorcycle) and I wore jeans (I'm typically ATGATT). On the way home, stopped in rush-hour traffic, it was 95 degrees F (about 35 degrees C). The fan was running continuously. I felt around and tried to identify any abnormal hot spots or discomfort but could find none, outside of the fact that I was hot simply due to the ambient temperature. My thighs were fine, and there was no hot air blowing on me from anywhere. So perhaps the complaint of "hot F800GT's" is individual and personal based on how someone fits on the bike. For me, I have no complaints.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
    2012 BMW R1200R Classic | 2015 BMW R1200RT

21. Likes Daboo, Gary liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I agree. I was in temps that high and higher for full days of riding for weeks last summer. I didn't notice any additional heat except once. I would've thought that with the increased ambient temperature, the bike's heat would be even greater. It wasn't. I was just hot all over and anything coming from the engine, didn't even seem to be a source.

The only time I felt any heat at all that seemed to come out of the opening or vent in the fairing, was the time in my first post. It was from a strong side wind. Otherwise, nothing special.

At the same time, even if it is a question of personal tolerance for the heat...it's real to that person.

Chris

Real Name
    Mike C
    08-12-21
    Hi. Will get to that in a couple of days if thats ok. Working long hours and want to get a photo in the daylight rather in my garage with poor lighting. It does fit - in fact looks better than that stock photo as it assimilates with the fairing really nicely. Yes it was expensive - but for me I was not going to keep the bike because of the heat during summer. So the expense saved me the loss on selling my bike bought new.

06-02-20
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecummin View Post
    Hi, I am a Sydney boy. Definitely agree the heat from the F800GT is real and a problem. I have all types of riding gear and pretty much in summer, would almost get burns through some of my kevlar and mesh pants.

I solved the problem totally and have really made my bike look great with the Sasaki Sports Club Frame Heat Guard - a carbon fibre cover which fits perfectly over the offending section of the frame . It isn't cheap, but I want to keep this beaut little bike for a long time so the investment was worth it. It is incredibly easy to fit and has totally solved my issues. And my F800GT looks quite special - "What?? A carbon fibre frame??"

Google Sasaki Sports Club on the net and narrow down for F800GT and you will see advert and photo. It can also be found on eBay but about same price I think. Has same photo there.

Good luck.
    $520 + shipping, honestly not too bad. Would definitely get it I ever move somewhere warmer.

When riding in chilly weather though the vented heat is a feature, not a bug

25. Likes Sundog52 liked this post

Real Name
    Mike C
    08-12-21
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	331521Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	331529
    Quote Originally Posted by headroom View Post
    Can you please post a picture of your moded 800GT? I wrapped the exhaust pipes helped a lot.Menspreading helped. Stopping in the city (red lights) when the vent blowing notice the heeaaat. Vent jumps in not so often.
    Quick upload of photos of my F800GT with SSC Carbon Heat guard. I am 5' 7" and I was getting the "burns" from the actual frame where my inner leg touches - my style of riding is tucked in a bit, legs often tight to bike. I have the low seat which I suspect means my inner legs are right on the frame as compared to higher seating positions. These guards have completely solved the problem. They have a heat guard lining inside and there is also a small air gap between frame and guard - and they look sharp.

27. Likes nkaj, Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    That really looks spot on - but out of my reach as by the time I imported them they would be even more expensive! Shame....

29. Likes nkaj liked this post

Real Name
    Werner Graf
    04-21-19

Quick upload of photos of my F800GT with SSC Carbon Heat guard. I am 5' 7" and I was getting the "burns" from the actual frame where my inner leg touches - my style of riding is tucked in a bit, legs often tight to bike. I have the low seat which I suspect means my inner legs are right on the frame as compared to higher seating positions. These guards have completely solved the problem. They have a heat guard lining inside and there is also a small air gap between frame and guard - and they look sharp.

Thank you for your post (and buying it!) for me its too expensive. I will try a DYI foam solution to block it...

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by headroom View Post
    Thank you for your post (and buying it!) for me its too expensive. I will try a DYI foam solution to block it...
    I've just realised there are two different reasons for 'hot thighs (oh I've thought of a third....). For those with leg lengths like me, we get a blast from the 'vent' as our knees don't touch the frame. Whereas other long legged riders get their heat more directly.

Real Name
    Chris
    06-28-21
    Motorcycle
    '04 XBR12 Firebolt
    Motorcycle
    '86 C90
    Motorcycle
    '90 C90
    Motorcycle
    '00 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '06 SVS 650
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800GT
    Read all of the above with interest. Managed 2 Summers here in the UK with minor discomfort only but I may investigate the Sasaki guards as they look good and you can't have too much bling. (OK, yes you can!)

I also get the same effect on my Buell XB12R which has a 2 stage fan cooling the rear cylinder and creating what is called SNS (Sweaty Nuts Syndrome), the answer is to ride faster on that which is usually not possible or lawful.

I can well imagine what the F800GT is like to ride in Oz, I have a Postie in Melbourne and spent Dec-Feb riding that around Victoria with my Son, including a trip to Phillip Island when the roads were melting! Going again in December.

33. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Chris, I rode yesterday out to the prison. The temperature was between 27-30C or 80-86F...unusual for Puget Sound. I barely noticed any heat off the engine. Especially at 30C, my legs were hot...but so was my entire body with no area seeming hotter than the other. I notice engine heat more often at cooler temps, and I think that's simply because of the contrast in the cooler ambient temps and the heat coming off the engine.

But I'll also admit our individual tolerances to heat are just that...individual. What I can tolerate and accept as normal, is not what everyone has to accept for themselves.

Chris
    (The Puget Sound Chris )

12-31-69
    I'm new to the F800GT so don't have much experience. It's been in the low 90's (F) here. Rode the bike home first day and it was hot. Could defiantly feel what many have commented about but din't feel like it was burning me. Saturday took a 280 mile trip with a lot of interstate riding. I could tell the frame was warmer than the rest of the bike but certainly not unbearable. Have measured the frame temperature as 130 F. Lack of airflow due to the Madstad windscreen was bothersome but overall cool enough. Came from a Kawasaki ZX6R 636 where my head and shoulders were in the wind stream but it was very smooth and stable. In stop and go traffic it would bast with hot air when the fans came on but legs were not hot. Would like to try stock windscreen. I like the heat guards but don't want to spend that much at the moment. Have thought about putting gold foil insulation of the frame, not sure about the look and how well it would hold up. Another idea was spraying the frame with Plasti Dip. Temperature should not be an issue and don't think insulating it will cause any heating issues as It's not radiating much with my log keeping the breeze off of it. I am going the wrap the exhaust.

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoAl View Post
    I'm new to the F800GT so don't have much experience. It's been in the low 90's (F) here. Rode the bike home first day and it was hot. Could defiantly feel what many have commented about but din't feel like it was burning me. Saturday took a 280 mile trip with a lot of interstate riding. I could tell the frame was warmer than the rest of the bike but certainly not unbearable. Have measured the frame temperature as 130 F. Lack of airflow due to the Madstad windscreen was bothersome but overall cool enough. Came from a Kawasaki ZX6R 636 where my head and shoulders were in the wind stream but it was very smooth and stable. In stop and go traffic it would bast with hot air when the fans came on but legs were not hot. Would like to try stock windscreen. I like the heat guards but don't want to spend that much at the moment. Have thought about putting gold foil insulation of the frame, not sure about the look and how well it would hold up. Another idea was spraying the frame with Plasti Dip. Temperature should not be an issue and don't think insulating it will cause any heating issues as It's not radiating much with my log keeping the breeze off of it. I am going the wrap the exhaust.
    My problem isn't the frame it is the vents in the side just below the 'tank' which coincide with where I grip the bike with my knees! (As I've said - short legs!)

Real Name
    Mike C
    08-12-21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Ken View Post
    My problem isn't the frame it is the vents in the side just below the 'tank' which coincide with where I grip the bike with my knees! (As I've said - short legs!)
    Hi Rev Ken, if you have a close look at my two photos I posted in this string a couple of weeks ago of my F800GT with the carbon fibre frame guards from Sasaki, I have also blanked off the small vent I think you are describing, from the inside with a nice textured grey rubber - this stopped the hot air exiting from those outlets directly onto my legs. (I don't have long legs either). I checked closely before doing this to ensure I wasn't causing any significant change in the cooling aspects of the bike and was quite satisfied that this was not going to be a problem. Had two Aussie summers now and have had no hot legs and no engine overheating issues. Completely solved what was going to be a show stopper for this bike as I almost got a blister through kevlar lined jeans on one hot ride. Now Im a very very happy F800 GT owner. ( see other posts - dyno-tuned, Power Commander chipped, GPR exhaust, K&N filter and she goes like the clappers), Cheers

Real Name
    Bonnie Fuller
    06-15-19
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GT
    We have discussed excessive heat many times on this forum. Some people feel too much heat from the side frame/panels and others do not. This has been a big issue for me since I got the bike, since I live in a very hot climate. I just finished a three week, 5000 mile trip (in temps up to 102 F while on I-40 in Oklahoma). Before I left, I put stick-on foam-and-silver insulation that I got from eBay for less than $20 on the inside of the left side panel and a little bit on the frame immediately behind the radiator on the left side. It worked well and did not cause engine overheating. Now I feel the heat coming out of the right side which I never felt before because the left side was so hot. I have enough of the insulating foam left to do that side now.

Bonnie
    2014 F800GT
    35,000 miles
    "Grandma, don't go!"

2014 F800GT white

39. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Jon
    02-28-21
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieF View Post
    I put stick-on foam-and-silver insulation that I got from eBay for less than $20 on the inside of the left side panel and a little bit on the frame immediately behind the radiator on the left side.
    I would be interested in giving this a try. Can you say which version of insulation you bought? It's starting to warm up around here!
    2013 F800GT
    1967 R69S

Real Name
    Bonnie Fuller
    06-15-19
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GT
    1 item sold by westernmoto
    Pro-Grade Adhesive Heat Shield Fairing Melting Protection Motorcycle Insulation
    Pro-Grade Adhesive Heat Shield Fairing Melting Protection Motorcycle Insulation
    ( 142522955495 )
    Add note
    ITEM PRICE:
    US $9.90

This is what I got. There are others like it on eBay
    "Grandma, don't go!"

2014 F800GT white

Real Name
    Bonnie Fuller
    06-15-19
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GT
    When I do the right side, I will try to remember to take pics.
    "Grandma, don't go!"

2014 F800GT white

Real Name
    Jim
    1 Week Ago

I was trying to figure out what all the fuss was with "hot air on the thighs" - I just wasn't experiencing it (note: I always wear "proper" riding pants, Olympia Dakar, so as others have mentioned I never noticed this hot air blowing on my thighs). I discovered exactly what Mike is talking about when I got caught in stop & crawl traffic on the Interstate working its way around an accident today (it took close to an hour and a half to go 8 miles). With the temperature at over 95 degrees Farenheit and a heat index well above 100 (thank goodness for my hydration pack) I found exactly what Mike described - the frame was burning my inner thigh whenever I was stopped with my feet down. If I could get my feet up on the pegs it was fine, but once my feet were down my legs would be touching the frame and it was literally burning my thighs. So I can see where the Heat Guards Mile fitted would definitely work. Now if they weren't so expensive ...
    LIFE IS A JOURNEY THAT IS GUIDED BY A GARMIN MOTORCYCLE GPS - IT WILL NEVER GO WHERE YOU EXPECT OR WANT IT TO GO.

44. Likes Banus liked this post

Real Name
    Ken Wright
    1 Day Ago
    Hi Rev Ken, if you have a close look at my two photos I posted in this string a couple of weeks ago of my F800GT with the carbon fibre frame guards from Sasaki, I have also blanked off the small vent I think you are describing, from the inside with a nice textured grey rubber - this stopped the hot air exiting from those outlets directly onto my legs. (I don't have long legs either). I checked closely before doing this to ensure I wasn't causing any significant change in the cooling aspects of the bike and was quite satisfied that this was not going to be a problem. Had two Aussie summers now and have had no hot legs and no engine overheating issues. Completely solved what was going to be a show stopper for this bike as I almost got a blister through kevlar lined jeans on one hot ride. Now Im a very very happy F800 GT owner. ( see other posts - dyno-tuned, Power Commander chipped, GPR exhaust, K&N filter and she goes like the clappers), Cheers
    Many thanks - I admit all I used was a bit of Gaffer tape stuck over the vents as I was on my way to do the NC500. Effective, but not attractive! So I will have a go at a more permanent solution once I've managed to refix a flapping rear wheel hugger.......

Real Name
    Hank
    3 Weeks Ago
    Motorcycle
    '12 CBR250R
    My bike was roasting me in temperatures over 90 F / 32 C. I had to either deal with it, stop riding it in hot weather, or get rid of it. I decided to fix the problem.

Real Name
    George
    11-10-18
    Motorcycle
    '15 Street Triple
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Futterman View Post
    My bike was roasting me in temperatures over 90 F / 32 C. I had to either deal with it, stop riding it in hot weather, or get rid of it. I decided to fix the problem.
    I'm not going to try to fix it, but I'll keep complaining about it until my wife will say "Fine! Go get a new bike..."
    Can't wait to have enough money to buy a real bike again.

48. Likes Banus, zulujams liked this post

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I am trying to remedy the hot air on the thighs problem by inserting silicone sheeting under the fairing where the frame is exposed.
    I bought a 12X12 inch piece of thin silicone black in color. I cut it in half and placed half on each side.
    Keep tuned and I will let you know how it goes. It has been in the high 90's to 100s here lately and thought this is a good time to test it.

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was a porno film review.
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic-Gone to a new home
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st

51. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Jim
    1 Week Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWilly View Post
    When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was a porno film review.

There are so many places my twisted mind could go with that ...
    LIFE IS A JOURNEY THAT IS GUIDED BY A GARMIN MOTORCYCLE GPS - IT WILL NEVER GO WHERE YOU EXPECT OR WANT IT TO GO.

53. Likes WildWilly liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I just considered the source...

Chris

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by nkaj View Post
    I am trying to remedy the hot air on the thighs problem by inserting silicone sheeting under the fairing where the frame is exposed.
    I bought a 12X12 inch piece of thin silicone black in color. I cut it in half and placed half on each side.
    Keep tuned and I will let you know how it goes. It has been in the high 90's to 100s here lately and thought this is a good time to test it.
    So far so good. I am still getting some hot air on the back of my thighs, but no longer wrapping around my calves. I think I need to add a little more silicone sheeting further back on the frame to solve the problem.

Real Name
    Jason
    05-12-21
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by nkaj View Post
    So far so good. I am still getting some hot air on the back of my thighs, but no longer wrapping around my calves. I think I need to add a little more silicone sheeting further back on the frame to solve the problem.
    That's good progress, and I assume you haven't seen a spike on the temp gauge or else you'd probably be backing off part or all of your homemade mod. Here's to hoping you get things just the way you want. It may help some others too!
    used 2004 R1150RT -> new 2014 F800GT

57. Likes nkaj liked this post

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by zulujams View Post
    That's good progress, and I assume you haven't seen a spike on the temp gauge or else you'd probably be backing off part or all of your homemade mod. Here's to hoping you get things just the way you want. It may help some others too!
    No noticeable spike in the engine temperature. I feel that the hot air exhaust is not trapped, but flows out further back of the bike.
    I still notice at a standstill in traffic, I can still feel the hot air on the thighs.

Real Name
    ebs
    09-17-18
    I'm interested on the possible solution.

I've owned my F800GT for the last 5yrs and until recently, never had any issue with the hot air coming into my legs. A few weeks ago, I decided to change the windscreen from OEM to
    a ZTechnik VStream (a couple of inches taller than the OEM) and since then, every time I ride, I feel like my legs are getting cooked. But the improvement on the buffeting/bugs splashed on my helmet
    has been great. So, I right now I would like to keep the new screen, as long as I can find a solution to the new heat on my legs.

Thanks

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I have noticed a 75% reduction on the heat exiting from the engine, and about a 50% reduction while at idle.
    I am very happy with my solution.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Do you have any pictures?

Chris

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I do, but I have trouble uploading to this site. I bought silicone sheets online from Amazon. I cut out according to the openings on the frame and fairing.
    The hard part was trying to glue/attach the silicone to the frame.
    I will try to upload pictures, but I have been on this site a long time and still can't figure it outClick image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7694.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	335423Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7602.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	335431Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7701.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	335437Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7696.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	335439Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7697.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	335441
    I was able to upload thumbnails.
    I cut the silicone sheet into half and used one for each side. I used cardboard as a template to cut out and mount the silicone into the various openings on the frame where hot exhaust exits the engine.
    The hard part was actually mounting the silicone with cardboard backing to the inside of the frame and fairing. I used a glue gun to attach thinking that the hot exhaust would melt the glue and would have to start all over again. So far it is holding.

I am not worried about the rerouted hot exhaust would cause the engine to overheat. I can tell the hot air is still exiting but just further back on the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20140422_123903.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	335421 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7599.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	335425 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7600.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	335427 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7601.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	335429 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_7603.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	335433

Name:	IMG_7692.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	335435

63. Likes Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Jeff Coleman
    10-11-20
    mikecummin,

Thanks for posting this information! I have no luck using the Sasaki Sports Club website though. Everytime I click on any link, it just scrolls back to the top of the page. When I do a Google search, this is the link I find: https://japan.webike.net/brd/Sasaki+sports+club/941/ Is this the web page you used? It's basically text.

Thanks,
    JC
    Sykesville, Maryland
    USA

Real Name
    Norman
    04-25-21
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Yes, this is the website that I used. You just need to sign on with your email etc.
    Great product and finish. Easy installation, however the instructions are in Japanese. You will have to Ikea it!