BMW F800 Forum banner

Something strange is going on

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
I have tried to copy and paste a couple of photos in two of my posts with strange results. Both times after posting and then trying to edit the post, when I return to the thread I only see the upper half of the reply box. I can not see the lower half that includes the reply button, nor can I see any further posts below that on on the thread. This has happened in my F850GT magazine review thread and also in the Staff Room "posting photos" thread. I know that both Chris and TelemarkTumalo have posted comments below my last messages but I can not see them.

#2 ·
HalfPint may have a better answer than this, but my first thought is to clear your cache.

If working your way through the menus to clear it seems daunting, I suggest downloading CCleaner. https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download Install either the Free version or the free trial of the Professional version. I've been using this program for so many years, I can't count. It's never screwed up anything. But it will clean your temp files, clean your browser caches and fix bad Registry entries.

Chris

#3 ·
I just cleaned up all of my temporary and other useless files on my disc drive, but I still can't see the entire reply boxes on those two posts mentioned above. Chris, if you can see my last posts can you move them to the Trash can? Once that is done I should be able to continue to post replies in those two threads and I just won't try pasting photos again until something gets fixed. Thanks.

#5 ·
I agree. I can now post in the News forum, but that "posting photos" is still locked up for me and all I see is half of my reply box and no posts below that. I think that once my last post is trashed, things should be back to normal for me.

#6 ·
Just in case someone wants to follow up on this issue, here is what happened when I tried to copy a photo from my computer files and then paste it in my message box, either reply or "advanced". The photo(s) show up clearly in the preliminary message box, but when I hit send, it takes a long time for the reply to finish posting. Once that happens the photo(s) have disappeared while the text remains. Then in my case, the reply box is only half visible, there is no way to post any further replies and I can not see anything below the box top half. Also, I can not see any posts that anyone else makes in that thread, unless a moderator other than me deletes my message and sends it to the trash can. Once that happens I can continue to post on that thread. :confused:

#8 ·
Thanks, Ed. There's been some interesting things going on with pictures in the last couple days. I have no idea what is happening, but it seems to be improving.

Yesterday, I could copy a picture off the Internet and simply right click on the screen and paste it in. When I went to edit the post afterwards, the coding had been inserted. [U]I was not able to use any of the toolbar icons to do this[/U]. But somehow it worked. [URL]https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/310883-2019-F850XR-spied[/URL]

Today, I couldn't do that. However...I just uploaded two pictures from my Desktop using the icon on the toolbar. Maybe the techs are fixing this? If so, thank you.
[URL]https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/278233-ADVMonster-Model-30-LED-Spotlights?p=2772971#post2772971[/URL]

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.