Off the Internet for a Few Days - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Chris
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'm in Thailand on a mission trip to teach pastors. We arrived in Bangkok but we are leaving in the morning to go to the south and east of here. Apparently, I'm not at liberty to say where. So if you feel inclined to pray for my mission partner's and my safety, I'd appreciate it. Also some prayers for the Holy Spirit to make our trip fruitful would be good as well.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

2. Thanksoxytotl thanked for this post
    LikesRichard230, steve n rose liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chris
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Heading back home. We're in Taipei waiting for the 13+ hour flight to Seattle now. Great trip!

Chris

Real Name
    Steve
    2 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    So Soon??
    As of Mon, 1st Feb 2016- ;
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
    Today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present")
    #1 tip I ride by: Ride as though you're invisible, not invincible
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

Real Name
    Chris
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Yeah, just two weeks total.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Chris
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Home now. I started coming home almost before I left. It's the time changes as you fly east. Here it is after midnight...and I'm awake. My body will adjust.

The "group" I went with is from Continents for Christ. "Group" may be a misnomer since it was only the founder of CFC that I went with. We started in Bangkok, but quickly moved out into rural areas where CFC likes to focus their efforts at. In other words, where the other missionary groups don't go. The forgotten areas.

Each time I go, I question "why me"? I haven't gone to seminary. I do "teach" a seminary course in the local prison, but it is more like facilitating than teaching. But each time I go with this group, I realize there is a need.

As in Tanzania, they don't know the Bible. They know how to preach. In Tanzania, we "cast" out demons. PM me if you want more details. It was an eye-opener and very real. So the pastors are familiar with spiritual warfare. But they don't know the Bible. And that's where I can help.

We went to a lot of churches in a country where Christianity is less than 1% of the population. Churches that were 200 km apart. Each time we arrived, they had a feast waiting for us. I'm amazed that I didn't gain weight. But you couldn't not eat. These people had sacrificed a lot of their income for this special occasion...of having Christian pastors from the USA come there to preach and encourage them. To not eat what they had sacrificed to provide would've been far more than rude. Insulting...even more than that.

So we went to churches that struggle to survive amongst poverty and being so small compared to the Hindu, Buddhist and Muslim populations they were immersed in. We taught what it meant to be a Christian and disciple others in day long seminars, both in the south and east of the country where other missionaries never go. And we prayed for people and watched the tears streaming from their eyes as they put their hope and faith in Jesus Christ.

Like when I serve in the prisons, the people there feel blessed. The blessing goes both ways. I've come back home feeling blessed in ways I can't describe.

Chris