Givi Airflow screen - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

06-12-19
    I fitted a Givi Airflow screen to my 2011 F800gs although it is designed to fit the F700gs. I seen on various forms that with spacers it can be made to fit the 800. So I took a chance bought one. I didn't bother with the spacers just drilled four 6mm holes two in the screen and two fairing and job done.
    I am 6'7" tall and I must say the airflow screen is simply brilliant yes you still get wind noise but vastly reduced than standard screen also no buffiting it work so well that I stopped wearing earplugs And in the hot weather i had to lower it right down or remove the blade as it would getting a little to not for comfort
    I have done thousands miles with it with no adverse effects
    Happydays

2. Thanks Daboo thanked for this post
    Likes Daboo liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    AJ
    07-26-20
    Motorcycle
    '17 F800GS
    I have a Givi airflow on my 2017 F800GS. I purchased the one for the F800GSA. It bolted on except the middle holes designed for the windshield bracket bolts. Initially, I was going to get a GSA bracket and install it, but the 4 bolts at the bottom seem to secure it adequately. I did a 300 mile ride that was approximately 250 freeway and 20 dirt (the rest was city speed pavement). I'm 6'5" and it kept the wind off of my helmet and no loose bolts when I arrived.

04-28-19
    I was looking into a Givi AF5110 WINDSCREEN but it is only available for the adventure model. I like the adjustable screen.

Does anyone know if I can fit this screen on a stock F800gs 2015 model?

Thank you

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    AJ
    07-26-20
    Motorcycle
    '17 F800GS
    Hello my friend,

It does fit. The F800GSA has an additional windshield mounting bracket bar that comes up through the center of the windshield. The F800GS does not have that bar. So, the AF5110 comes with 6 mounting points including the 2 that should attach to that bar. I just attached it using the 4 points available on my F800GS. I've now put thousands of miles on it and have had no issues with the windscreen. If you prefer, you can purchase that additional bar from BMW and add it in. But I just left the upper mounting holes empty.

8. Likes Daboo liked this post

04-28-19
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraNoob View Post
    Hello my friend,

It does fit. The F800GSA has an additional windshield mounting bracket bar that comes up through the center of the windshield. The F800GS does not have that bar. So, the AF5110 comes with 6 mounting points including the 2 that should attach to that bar. I just attached it using the 4 points available on my F800GS. I've now put thousands of miles on it and have had no issues with the windscreen. If you prefer, you can purchase that additional bar from BMW and add it in. But I just left the upper mounting holes empty.

Thank you for your reply. I will purchase and try it.

2 Weeks Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS
    I was thinking, if a person were to order the GIVI AF5107 for the f700 gs
    that the D5107KIT - D5107K with higher extension support bars are included