Super Sausage A5, Red F800S and F700GS - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Yesterday 18/4/2019 I went for a nice bimble to the Super Sausage Cafe on the A5 just outside Towcester. Parked up the bike in a very crowded bike infested parking section of their bike/car park. I noticed a Red F800S 09 plate (very nice) I did wonder who the owner was, but decided food was more important. Meal finished, went back out to my blue F800ST when I was approached by two gentlemen. Apparently one was the proud owner of the Red S, the other owned an F700GS. As we conversed the the bike and car park became near empty apart from the three of us.

I have pointed these guy's this way, so if either of them come online and read this, then welcome to the F8 Forum, and we must meet up again sometime, possibly for a bimble around for a day out.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800S
    Hi Dave, I was interested in your mention of a red 09 F800S because I recently bought a 09 red F800s with a black engine. I believe the owner was from that
    part of the world. I wonder if it could be the same bike ? I don't think there are that many of them around. The bike has a carbon fibre centre strip on the tank
    and a black belly pan. I am pleased with the bike so far and I have recently joined this forum.
    Thanks,
    Tom

4. LikesFlook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Teej, first of all welcome to the F800 club, this is an international site with fellow F800 members who own all models in the BMW F series.
    You do not mention where you are in the UK, only when you joined and your posts, so I give you your first like to help you set off on your journey with this great bike and with I hope your enjoyment of being with like minded guy's and girls who own or have owned this model bike.
    It seems, that some guy's when they sell on there F models, just cannot leave this forum. They like the friendliness and attitude from each other, though some of us do wind the others up occasionally, that is in the nature of things.
    Many years ago now I set up a section known as 'word association', you may want to look at it, and contribute to the fun and silliness of it.
    Over the years, I have come across many colours of the F800S, ST, GT and so on. Of the S model the popular colours were Yellow, and Red, unfortunately the S model was discontinued, as now is the ST for the GT, and the GT is no longer being made either. However, they are all great bikes, fun to ride, and very economical to run unless they are thrashed, then the milage comes down from around the 200 miles range between each fill to around 150 between each fill up. I used the best grade as this over a period of time gives me more range between each fill.
    I hope I have been helpful, enjoy looking around the site, post away with any queries you have. And where in the UK are you.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    TEEJ, I have taged the 'word association' below as a short cut for you