BMW F800 Forum banner

Sertao

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JMaav 
#1 ·
Tire Plant Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Figured I would post a couple pics of the Sertao. Picked her up as a very low-mileage bike in Feb 2018. Been having fun getting dirty after decades away from the offroad. Not exactly a lightweight but very capable of highway travel and able to get to the dirt. Suits my needs for some gravel roads and sandy trails. Good in the mud...I call her The Tractor. :)

48 raging horsepower but I really enjoy her a lot.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am looking at one now. Mind if I ask what you paid for her back then, and what the mileage was?
Price seems a bit high on the one I am looking at...

#4 ·
My 2013 Sertao has been a pleasure. Enjoy it immensely, And was the perfect choice in downsizing for me as I get older. I just can’t move the R1200’s around as easily as I used to! It obviously does not have the juice of my old 1200s or even my F 800 GS… but, my F800R is now up for sale as well… I originally kept it feeling that I needed a good road bike available next to the Sertao. But frankly, the Sertao does it all.
I might have to say that I think the old Sertao was one of BMWs best builds. Nothing like the thumper engine… And the writing height and style on this bike is just perfect. I have tried the new 650 GS’s And I honestly don’t think they are as capable as this bike. I am glad I was able to grab One of the later models with low mileage… Even if it was a bit pricey. I paid almost $7K. Will probably be lucky to get half that for the F800R which is in immaculate condition and under 18,000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.