BMW F800 Forum banner

California living

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SierraNoob 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I am sure that would be no problem in San Francisco.

When my oldest granddaughter was attending UCLA, one of her two other roommates (a Chinese girl) in her cramped two person room, had a boyfriend over several times a week. He slept with her in her bunk bed and I am sure they had other activities besides sleeping. Somehow my granddaughter was able to ignore the activity and slept with ear plugs in place. She is now attending college in Berlin and has her own private room. No more roommates for her.

#4 ·
Honestly, I think that some sort of communal living should be a right of passage for young people. When I first went to college, I "rented" a walk in closet. A friend of mine was showing me his room in this giant house that he was renting with 6 other guys. The closet in his room was 100 square feet. I was like; "Dude your closet is the size of a bedroom...I'll give you $100 to rent it"....half joking. He said "deal". ...and I lived in a closet in a house with 7 other dudes for a year. Huge savings on rent that year. ...conjugals had to be at "her place." More importantly though, there was no privacy. Learning to live with people in your face all of the time was definitely a moment of growth for me. Also, I made friends and connections that year that have carried through ever since.

#5 ·
Speaking of communal living: I got a taste of that when I was in the Air Force during the mid-1960's at basic training (WWII era wooden barracks at Amarillo, TX), tech school at Sheppard AFB, TX and for 18 months at Howard AFB in the Panama Canal Zone. Attached are two photos of my barracks in Panama. Very open, no window glass, just bug screens and louvers on the windows to keep some of the rain off of the floor. The bathroom and showers were located in a large open bay in the middle of the building. Not to cozy. [SQ]

Attachments

#7 ·
Is that where you live? What BMW F800 motorcycle do you own and ride and where do you like to travel?

#9 ·
Mostly intelligent, giving citizens. A community based attitude and progressive. A leader in trying to make a difference for the better.
What could go wrong? You don't like taxes to support those efforts, don't live here.
We have a number of Nat'l Parks and Monuments plus a gob o' State parks and beaches too.
Mostly clement weather. You want snow, you have to go looking for it.
What's not to like?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.