Moved from an F800 S to a GS 750....I am in love - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry



Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    asimpkinsjr's Avatar
    Points: 5,019, Level: 48

    Real Name
    Alan
    Location
    South Eastern, CT
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Online
    10-26-19
    Posts
    32 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    Ordered mine middle of last year, finally received it in November. Love that thing. I went a little crazy on the options and such.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low qual.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	344373  

  2. LikesRichard230, padaek liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    Daboo's Avatar
    Points: 37,838, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Chris
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Online
    17 Hours Ago
    Posts
    3,771 / 0 / 9 / 3
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Welcome from Puget Sound! Your bike looks gorgeous!

    You'll have to give us a report on what you like about the bike.

    Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

    John 14:6 

  5. #3
    WildWilly's Avatar
    Points: 184,550, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Bill
    Location
    SE Iowa
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Online
    4 Hours Ago
    Posts
    18,128 / 15 / 214 / 1480
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    A little crazy on the options is a good start . . . .
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st 

  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll
    Points: 47,510, Level: 100

    Location
    SoCalif. near Pasadena
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Online
    4 Hours Ago
    Posts
    12,726 / 8 / 110 / 2177
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Hola, What took so long to get the bike. Special options?

  8. #5
    asimpkinsjr's Avatar
    Points: 5,019, Level: 48

    Real Name
    Alan
    Location
    South Eastern, CT
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Online
    10-26-19
    Posts
    32 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    I ordered it before the 750 was added to the US market...while the GS 750 and 850 have been available in Europe, they were just introduced to the US market late last year.

  9. #6
    asimpkinsjr's Avatar
    Points: 5,019, Level: 48

    Real Name
    Alan
    Location
    South Eastern, CT
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Online
    10-26-19
    Posts
    32 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    Welcome from Puget Sound! Your bike looks gorgeous!

    You'll have to give us a report on what you like about the bike.

    Chris

    So far the likes are many....the clutchless shifting, ride control and the tft screen and bluetooth integration to your phone the new BMW software etc is great. My only dislike and I noticed it last week during a ride in about 95 degree weather was that if you are doing a lot of slow riding and the supplemental cooling fan kicks on it literally blows hot air right onto your left angle/leg which on a day I was wearing shorts and sneakers (just tooling round town) was not fun. This seems to happen only if there is not enough speed to keep air moving over the radiator.

  10. #7
    Points: 154,499, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Richard
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Online
    1 Hour Ago
    Posts
    8,570 / 15 / 698 / 2031
    Quote Originally Posted by asimpkinsjr View Post
    So far the likes are many....the clutchless shifting, ride control and the tft screen and bluetooth integration to your phone the new BMW software etc is great. My only dislike and I noticed it last week during a ride in about 95 degree weather was that if you are doing a lot of slow riding and the supplemental cooling fan kicks on it literally blows hot air right onto your left angle/leg which on a day I was wearing shorts and sneakers (just tooling round town) was not fun. This seems to happen only if there is not enough speed to keep air moving over the radiator.
    Apparently that is a new BMW "feature". My 2016 R1200RS does exactly the same thing when the coolant temperature gauge hits 212 degrees F. That can take only a few minutes while riding in stop-and-go traffic on a hot day.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

  11. #8
    Points: 3,964, Level: 42

    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Online
    3 Weeks Ago
    Posts
    13 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Totally agree about hot air on leg when riding. Can be a bit uncomfortable when riding in traffic.

  12. #9
    Points: 3,964, Level: 42

    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Online
    3 Weeks Ago
    Posts
    13 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Purchased mine earlier this year and traded in a 2014 F800R. Optioned it up with Vario bags (no top box). Have since added the following:

    Wunderlich taller screen

    Sidestand foot enlarger

    Driving lights (using Hexezcan)

    Relocated GPS to above dash. (just love the TFT dash)

    Cover for power shift mechanism

    Foam grips on top of standard item.

    One of the best bikes I have ever owned.

  13. #10
    JMaav's Avatar
    Points: 6,102, Level: 53

    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    20 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800R
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800GS
    Might be nice in cold temps with the heated grips cranked up also - though!

    Garage:
    2011 F800GS / 2011 F800R
    Past: '07-R1200R '05-R1200GS '06-F650GS '97-R850R '85-K100RS '83-Honda VT500 Ascot 

  14. #11
    asimpkinsjr's Avatar
    Points: 5,019, Level: 48

    Real Name
    Alan
    Location
    South Eastern, CT
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Online
    10-26-19
    Posts
    32 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1801 View Post
    Purchased mine earlier this year and traded in a 2014 F800R. Optioned it up with Vario bags (no top box). Have since added the following:

    Wunderlich taller screen

    Sidestand foot enlarger

    Driving lights (using Hexezcan)

    Relocated GPS to above dash. (just love the TFT dash)

    Cover for power shift mechanism

    Foam grips on top of standard item.

    One of the best bikes I have ever owned.
    Make sure to check with your dealership, Mine called me to let me know there were 3 recalls out there, they had my bike for a week.

  15. #12
    Points: 111, Level: 2

    Location
    Ottawa
    Joined
    Nov 2019
    Online
    9 Hours Ago
    Posts
    12 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Welcome and your ride sounds really nice. Quite the upgrades from a 700GS (which is what I have... a bit envious)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •