Forum Newbie - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real Name
    Phil
    9 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 Drz400sm
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800R
    With respect, some of the things you have said tell me your skills might not be as refined as you think they are. Simply 'dropping down a gear and accelerating out of the corner' while at lean will be a recipe for disaster if you don't know what to do... or more importantly what not to do.

I'm not having a go at you... I just want you to be safe and not hurt yourself or your pillion. Please, please take the time to check out stuff like 'motojitsu', 'canyon chasers' or watch keith code's 'twist of the wrist'.
    Regards,
    Phil. 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    With respect, some of the things you have said tell me your skills might not be as refined as you think they are. Simply 'dropping down a gear and accelerating out of the corner' while at lean will be a recipe for disaster if you don't know what to do... or more importantly what not to do.

I'm not having a go at you... I just want you to be safe and not hurt yourself or your pillion. Please, please take the time to check out stuff like 'motojitsu', 'canyon chasers' or watch keith code's 'twist of the wrist'.
    Uh I don't drop down a gear and accelerate out of a corner, someone else posted that as a suggestion. Maybe you should re-read the post

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Guido
    29 Minutes Ago
    the F800 with its belt transmission has a sort of traction control ante litteram, you can accelerate out of corners quite easily, just be in progression, don't open the full throttle too quicly. then, with my F4 I used to ride with the traction control at level one and the race abs lets to drift coming inside the curves. out coming I tried very often to discharge the whole 200 hp opening the full throttle in quick progression, if you learn how to do it it's not dangerous, rather way it's the basic rule of the sport riding.
    flook is not so crazy, he is just an old english rider, used to drive in the cold and rain, with a lot of experience and a peculiar personality, maybe he forgets that what he finds easy it's not so simple for everybody.
    but remember... never do what you don't be sure to do in safe.
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

5. LikesAliceNicho, Daboo liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoveloce View Post
    the F800 with its belt transmission has a sort of traction control ante litteram, you can accelerate out of corners quite easily, just be in progression, don't open the full throttle too quicly. then, with my F4 I used to ride with the traction control at level one and the race abs lets to drift coming inside the curves. out coming I tried very often to discharge the whole 200 hp opening the full throttle in quick progression, if you learn how to do it it's not dangerous, rather way it's the basic rule of the sport riding.
    flook is not so crazy, he is just an old english rider, used to drive in the cold and rain, with a lot of experience and a peculiar personality, maybe he forgets that what he finds easy it's not so simple for everybody.
    but remember... never do what you don't be sure to do in safe.
    I do open up the throttle coming out of corners sometimes but only if my speed has dropped through them, but unless it's a tight one in town I'm not having to drop gear. I'm in a fairly rural area so most of my bendy twisties I can stay in 6th gear through and keep at the speed limit. There are some areas I do have to drop down to 5th and will open it up a little as I come out of them but only when I know the roads and know each corner well. I'm very much a sensible old lady on my bike (too much so according to my partner who does push me a bit lol) but I'm also wary of speeding as I really don't want to lose my licence and have just 5 points to play with though the old man is down to 3 and about to put his 690 SMC on the road so we shall see how long has licence lasts

8. LikesIanA liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Mariner, I was told how to do that by an ex UK police rider. I have practiced on the advice given, as I have practiced counter steering, each time I am out on the bike.
    always be safe, but, experiment as one gains experience should be the by word.
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

10. LikesBoxerBits, AliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    3 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    Mariner, I was told how to do that by an ex UK police rider. I have practiced on the advice given, as I have practiced counter steering, each time I am out on the bike.
    always be safe, but, experiment as one gains experience should be the by word.
    Sounds like you may have done some RoSPA training.

Well done.

Enjoy Northamptonshire curves.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

12. LikesFlook, AliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Phil
    9 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 Drz400sm
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800R
    "Uh I don't drop down a gear and accelerate out of a corner, someone else posted that as a suggestion. Maybe you should re-read the post".

I never said you did. I was commenting on Flooks suggestion that you try it.

Never mind... i was only trying to suggest that you make use of some excellent
    online resources to help you develop as a rider. If you don't want to do that it is no skin of my nose.
    Regards,
    Phil. 

14. LikesFlook liked this post

Real Name
    Guido
    29 Minutes Ago
    I am (sorry, was) an old rider too, as most of the italian old riders I've never done a training for safe or sport riding, but I learnt what to do during fifty years of riding experience. I used to ride big sport and sport touring bikes and in the last years I've ridden daily on the targa florio circuit... as fast I could do with my K1300S and with my MV F4, obviously being aware that I was on an open road. these are mountain roads and riding taking the time lap on the 72 kms of the circuit (with only one 300 kmh straight road, 6 kms long, and curves for 66 kms) can be very dangerous unless you don't know how to do. some days trucks, big tractors, touristic busses, family van, sheeps and cows force you to abort the lap and it's very frustrating because you need to run across dozens of kms to start again, but this the best way I know to enjoy a ride on a bike, so if I will be back on saddle I'll do it again even if the risk to loose my leg is actually very high.
    I really miss it. more than everything else in my life. maybe it's a stupid thing, but I've never been really responsible, my life is full of stupid things... maybe I'll be back on a bike quite soon.
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

16. LikesFlook, Daboo, AliceNicho, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    3 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    "
    online resources to help you develop as a rider. If you don't want to do that it is no skin of my nose.
    Not heard of these sites before but will take some time out to view as there's always something new to learn no matter how long you've been getting your leg over.

Guess we're lucky in UK with practical advanced training. RoSPA for one, there are others, provide easily accessible riding courses that focuses not only on safe, progressive road riding, but also good practical biker life advice. You just have to see through the pipe and slippers image that some have of them.

I'm no longer a member having missed, through family commitments, my periodically ride review and retest. But it's a good proven practical system with lots of riding.

18. LikesFlook, AliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Hi Nigel, just come back from a nice ride out via country lanes and roads via Banbury to the Long Itch diner.

No I have not done Rospa, I belong to a bike club that is run by Roger Bays, one of Bedfordshire’s finest, and there are quite a few ex police riders that also includes a Rosper trained rider. How about we meet up sometime, for a tea and chat.

Hark at me, a tea and chat, how British is that. I have now retired so have time on my hands so to speak. If you are the same, ie retired then I usually have a run out all day Wednesday’s.

Okay guy’s, on my ride today I took particular notice on when I dropped a gear. Usually as I slowed down in 5th/6th to do a bend I dropped down one gear, this allowed the engine of the bike to be in a position of no strain or high revs. Thus when coming out of the bend, using a small amount of throttle I accelerated into the straight line. We should all know about anti steering, slight push on the right bar and the bike wants to go right, the same for left.

That is it for now. I think,

Nigel, PM me okay.

Flook.
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

20. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Jurgen
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '19 Super Cub C125
    Motorcycle
    '02 Sprint RS
    Motorcycle
    '90 Le Mans
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceNicho View Post
    It was more about getting in tune with Betsy. My old bike I did this all with ease but 2yrs of riding you do. Going from a 250 to an 800 with about a 60kg weight difference and distribution along with the power difference it was like learning all my skills over again. I shook myself up mounting a curb by stuffing up on a roundabout the day I picked her up (still rode the 680km home after) and have been relearning all my skills and learning to trust Betsy on the road. Plus getting over my roundabout fear

I am feeling more as 1 with her and it's all a lot easier and even more enjoyable.

My daily ride is a little 125cc Honda Super Cub. Fantastic little bike to zip around town on. When I get on my F800R I have to make some serious mental adjustments. It takes me a bit of time to adjust to the riding position. Changing over to the 800, it feels like the handlebars are a long way forward and I'm lying over the 'tank'. The foot pegs are also higher and a lot more further back. Also, with Hondas, the indicator switch is below the horn button, so the first few corners I'm sounding the horn rather than hitting the indicator switch. Fun and games.
    padaek - A putrid and fetid smelling fermented fish sauce from Laos. 

22. LikesAliceNicho, IanA liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by padaek View Post
    My daily ride is a little 125cc Honda Super Cub. Fantastic little bike to zip around town on. When I get on my F800R I have to make some serious mental adjustments. It takes me a bit of time to adjust to the riding position. Changing over to the 800, it feels like the handlebars are a long way forward and I'm lying over the 'tank'. The foot pegs are also higher and a lot more further back. Also, with Hondas, the indicator switch is below the horn button, so the first few corners I'm sounding the horn rather than hitting the indicator switch. Fun and games.
    My F800ST is my daily now, but a daily trip for me is a minimum of 100km mostly highway riding. Still have to mentally adjust when I switch between it and my KTM 525EXC though lol totally different machines.

24. LikesIanA liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    First big trip is planned to start on December 1st, after throwing the spawn on a plane to Japan and dropping the furbaby off at the kennels we will be heading down into NSW to meet up with some friends (who will be 1.5 days ahead of us) for a few days riding, exploring and checking out local small pubs.

I'll be riding my baby Betsy who is getting a full service before we head off including oil and air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter cleaned and cooling system washed out and replaced with red coolant (plus a led light hooked up behind it for ease in checking fluid levels without removing the panel), also replacing the fork seals and fork oil as my trip up the curb did damage one of the seals which started leaking a few weeks ago.

Keen to clock up the km's on her and enjoy a few days R+R in my almost 2 week break I've scored from work (roster just ended up that way) and chill out time before the spawn returns from Japan to irritate us as only an almost 16yr old can do for the school holiday period (he is so horrid atm I'm agreeing on extra hours and overtime just to avoid him ).

Our super long trip down to Sydney and beyond is mid-late January, spawns 16th birthday and seeing Elton John on his farewell tour plus catching up with my family and friends plus a few road trips from our base (Sutherland Shire) so the old man can see a bit of Aus.

26. LikesRichard230, Runmyownlife, Daboo, padaek, IanA liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Also my Christmas present to myself (the old man is contributing as his gift to me plus he will do all the labour for servicing and fitment) is a MadStad adjustable windshield. Then the next big cost will be the drive belt.

Real Name
    Andrew
    1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    I enjoy reading your posts, Alice. They are more about the experience of ownership and riding rather than technical.

(Although, lately I have noticed more reflective posts from the stalwarts of this board. Perhaps a sign of our aging?)
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

29. LikesDaboo, IanA, AliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Jurgen
    5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '19 Super Cub C125
    Motorcycle
    '02 Sprint RS
    Motorcycle
    '90 Le Mans
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800R
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceNicho View Post

Our super long trip down to Sydney and beyond is mid-late January, spawns 16th birthday and seeing Elton John on his farewell tour plus catching up with my family and friends plus a few road trips from our base (Sutherland Shire) so the old man can see a bit of Aus.

Alice,, if you get the urge to take a jaunt through the National Park, especially on the weekend, beware of dickheads and police.

Stanwell Tops (the southern edge of the National Park) is a motorcyclist meeting place on weekends. Outstanding views.
    padaek - A putrid and fetid smelling fermented fish sauce from Laos. 

31. ThanksAliceNicho thanked for this post
    LikesAliceNicho liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by padaek View Post
    Alice,, if you get the urge to take a jaunt through the National Park, especially on the weekend, beware of dickheads and police.

Stanwell Tops (the southern edge of the National Park) is a motorcyclist meeting place on weekends. Outstanding views.
    Aren't they both everywhere anyway??

Not sure if we will be down in Sydney on a weekend as we head off from here one weekend, Elton John is midweek, catch up with family and see what we can and I have to be back up this way for the 27th as I'm moving from my current job in Neonates over to the Prison.

6 Hours Ago
    Betsy is getting her service, before we head out on Sunday.

34. LikesIanA, Richard230, Flook, Runmyownlife, padaek liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Looks rather naked huh

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Last week I had both tyres replaced, as they were flattening out. Had a decent ride back home but it was raining though, but I took it easy and me and Moonlightshadow arrived home in one piece.

Have been enjoying being being out on MS over the recent weeks, don’t know why but I seem to be going faster than I should. I have the Madstad screen set at what seems to be the best position, with my head not moving about at exsesive speeds, absolutely brilliant, far better than the stock screen or tall Givi.

I will be out on the bike again soon as the weather gets a bit better.

37. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    3 Hours Ago

I will be out on the bike again soon as the weather gets a bit better.
    You missed one today.

Had a little task to complete up near Corby this afternoon, it was beautiful out there heading back with the sun on my back along the bendy bits before Kimbolton.

39. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Just got back from being away in the motorhome. Spent the day cleaning the roof and sides.

Were you not cold. When I was out last week I wore three layers of leg base wear, and four base layers of body wear, plus my Klims Badlands suite. By the end of the day, was was feeling chilled. Unfortunately this year I was told I am now suffering from anemia, which as far as I am concerned makes me feel the cold more than I should.

However, if you want to meet up for a bimble around,next Wed or Thursday, get in touch, as I most probably will have one of those days free. Go to A5 Super Sausage, or long Itchington, for some food.

41. LikesAliceNicho liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    1 Day Ago
    Sounds like you need some heated gear to survive, Dave!

43. LikesAliceNicho, Flook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Ian, unfortunately it comes down to cost. Here in the Uk we get a retirement pension from the government, this pays the bills for the month, including her indoors pension. I also have a very small private pension which helps. Also the savings I have has to last until I pop my clogs. So I have very little left over for heated clothing.

However, if your feeling generous Ian, you can send a check for a few hundred UK pounds to pay for such luxuries. Huh only joking.

i get by by being all togged up, heated u dear clothing would be nice, but these cold snaps are short lived and to me not worth the investment to only to use about six times a year or less.

45. LikesAliceNicho, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    3 Hours Ago

Were you not cold. When I was out last week I wore three layers of leg base wear, and four base layers of body wear..
    I'm blessed with a decent layer of standard fitment insulation which I top up occasionaly with some of Adnams finest

Seriously though I find less is more and M&S thermals give a good air gap next to the skin and are a must on cold mornings commuting into Cambridge. The Keiss gets used when it's brass monkey weather or when sat in the stands watching the Sarries play.

Safe driving with the motorhome. Tried it a couple of times in NZ and AUZ and potentially again when I finally get to retirement.

47. LikesFlook, AliceNicho, IanA liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    I don't believe I will reach retirement age as my body hates life it seems (a list of anaphylactic allergies as long as your arm and both legs) and have only survived by the skin of my teeth a few times in the last couple of years.

It's part of why I ride, I figure if I'm going to die I may as well peg it whilst doing something I enjoy

49. LikesBoxerBits, steve n rose, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Alice, you need to talk to IanA.

While I am here, Ian, how are things going with you now, you haven't said much for a while, so I am hoping your improving

51. LikesAliceNicho, IanA liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Alice, you need to talk to IanA.

While I am here, Ian, how are things going with you now, you haven't said much for a while, so I am hoping your improving
    I'm under an Immunologist and Respiratory specialist but their plan is "just continue what you are doing" this includes carrying ampoules of adrenaline plus insulin syringes/needles along with multiple EpiPens and my partner willing and able to do CPR to keep me alive.

53. LikesFlook, IanA, padaek liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    OOooo sounds nasty

55. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    OOooo sounds nasty
    I'm to mean and stubborn to peg it yet

6 Hours Ago
    So the old guy and I are off on our adventure. Retraced my ride (opposite direction though) from the day I bought Betsy. Other than GPS issues when getting into the Gold Coast and the insane heat >40C on the road today we all survived. However according to Jim I was so close in the M1 to a big truck through a corner at 120-130km/hr (prick kept speeding up making it difficult to pass him) I could of reached out and touched it... Jim thought I was a goner personality don't think I was that close but meh, love and learn and gun it past any asshole truck drivers.

58. LikesRichard230, IanA liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    1 Day Ago
    Thanks for asking, Dave
    According to the Prof, ("nothing to see here. move along"). I am still in remission, blood counts are almost normal so we just watch and wait.
    The scans show a bunch of scar tissue where the tumour was by my left kidney but I am still feeling the neuro effects from the exotica they pumped into me on the clinical trial 12 months ago - cycles of exhaustion with occasional weird vision and balance stuff. Can't complain, way better off than several of my trial mates who didn't make it. Willy's thread on "when do you know" has got a few of us oldies thinking...

Alice, how are you assessing the risk of anaphylactic shock occurring while you are riding? Sounds pretty hairy to me! My body gives me a bit of warning before I get the vision interference, fortunately, and the whole episodes only last an hour or two.
    Enjoy your ride and stay away from the hotspots!
    Ian.

60. Likespadaek, AliceNicho liked this post

Real Name
    Jason
    21 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    You all are making me jealous with your bikes and your riding I caught some prostate cancer in the spring at the young age of 48. I hung up the helmet for a bit by fall. I was already tired and then went on hormone therapy which added to it. Just did not feel rested or focused enough to ride. I went through 5.5 weeks of beam radiation (less time and reduced strength compared with the 9-week treatment) and followed that up with radiated seeds that just went in a little over two weeks ago. I'm not allowed on a bike for at least another four weeks, maybe longer, to heal up and check blood levels etc. All is looking good so far. More imaging and blood tests to be done. I believe I'll be able to start riding again later in the winter or spring depending on road conditions. We just got about a foot of snow but maybe winter itself will be mild! I likely have to take breaks from the bike when close to blood tests as riding can affect my PSA score. Curious to see how it plays out. I wish you all the best, with your health as well as your riding. Cheers!
    used 2004 R1150RT -> new 2014 F800GT

62. LikesIanA, AliceNicho liked this post

1 Day Ago
    Howdy folks. Been dreaming about an f800r for a while now and think I may have found one. I'm here for some final research before I pull the trigger.

64. Likeszulujams liked this post

Real Name
    Guido
    29 Minutes Ago
    welcome to the forum sharkerty.
    please, tell us something more about you and your passion for motorcycling.

66. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    Thanks for asking, Dave
    According to the Prof, ("nothing to see here. move along"). I am still in remission, blood counts are almost normal so we just watch and wait.
    The scans show a bunch of scar tissue where the tumour was by my left kidney but I am still feeling the neuro effects from the exotica they pumped into me on the clinical trial 12 months ago - cycles of exhaustion with occasional weird vision and balance stuff. Can't complain, way better off than several of my trial mates who didn't make it. Willy's thread on "when do you know" has got a few of us oldies thinking...

Alice, how are you assessing the risk of anaphylactic shock occurring while you are riding? Sounds pretty hairy to me! My body gives me a bit of warning before I get the vision interference, fortunately, and the whole episodes only last an hour or two.
    Enjoy your ride and stay away from the hotspots!
    Ian.
    I'm careful with where I eat and always advise if my allergies, carry multiple EpiPens and several ampoules of adrenaline and insulin syringes, Jim knows where my stuff is and can draw up and administer if I can't.

I look at it like this, if I lived in fear I would never live.

68. LikesIanA, zulujams liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Betsy scored a full service, new plugs (good thing too as a piece had broken off and wedged in), oil and filter, air filter and a full clean and replace of the cooling system. Not a moment too soon either! There was absolutely no fluid in the reservoir and had I ridden withiut knowing I could of easily blown the engine she also had new fork seals and fork oil.

We made it down safely other than my riding whilst blind for a bit (went dark whilst on the Bruce and had my prescription sunnies on so couldn't see a thing). According to the old man he though I was going to die at one point as I was on such a lean through a long sweeping bend and incredibly close to the white line and B-Double beside it - he says I could of reached out and touched it. Didn't feel that close though!

Betsy did appear to blow a o-ring and leak coolant overnight but once topped up (brilliant having a mechanic partner) she didn't lose any more throughout the day.

We stopped at Kirra Beach for a leisurely brunch. As you can see the midget in on a 690 SMC. Before making our way back up the coast. However not without incident including Jim seriously overestimating his fuel capacity and running out 30km north of Gin Gin. He put the 4L he had in a Jerry can in and made it to Bororen but after 1am the only place for fuel was Benaraby. As I don't know how accurate Betsy's fuel guage is he siphoned out the last 1L from the 690 and put it into Betsy and I was off on a rescue mission. Betsy made it with 2L to spare as it took 14L to fill her. Went back and delivered his fuel and we continued on. Mind you it was 3am when we finally got home!

Both of us feel as though a rhino has gone in dry once our butts - even the extra padding on my butt and Betsy's seat didn't save me.

70. Likesguidoveloce, IanA, Richard230, zulujams, padaek liked this post

Real Name
    Guido
    29 Minutes Ago
    sometimes I forget that you live upside-down so this is your riding season. here the winter is coming and it's getting cold, too cold for a trip on the motorcycle, probably before the end of the this month will snow. at the moment we have about ten degree, but every day gets colder.

72. LikesAliceNicho liked this post

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoveloce View Post
    sometimes I forget that you live upside-down so this is your riding season. here the winter is coming and it's getting cold, too cold for a trip on the motorcycle, probably before the end of the this month will snow. at the moment we have about ten degree, but every day gets colder.
    Our riding season is all year round. Never too cold to ride especially when you live in the northern parts of Aus. If anything it gets insanely hot. Was over 40C on our way down the coast on Monday. Even with a mesh (with armour in it) jacket it's still sweltering.

Real Name
    Guido
    29 Minutes Ago
    the hot is a problem also here in Sicily, when the sirocco blows we can have much more than 40° C and if you ride you can't breath. and riding in the sirocco wind can be very dangerous, because the gusts of wind take violence suddenly. the gyroscopic effect of the wheels can mitigate the danger of the wind but to do it you must run faster than 160/180 kmh and it's not easy to keep that speed in the blowing wind.
    I remember that once, going back to italy from spain, from the spain-french border to nice the side wind was so strong that I had to run very fast and taking a riding position like a sail, completely out the shape of the fairing, practically beside the bike, not on the bike. it was a real nightmare, I was so tired that when I arrived at the hotel in italy in the afternoon I dropped on the bed with my riding suite on and I woke up late in the night still wearing the suite and the boots.

75. LikesRichard230 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2