BMW F800 Forum banner

F700GS Under tail tool Holder, compatible with the Vario Boxes

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  notacop 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for the info and the link,,. If you happen to have a picture of either or with the side case clearance, it would be worthwhile compareing, one of the things with the Vario set up is there are nice and close due to there bike specific nature, however it dosnt leave you a lot of room,,.

#5 · (Edited)
Underseat storage on the F700GS is pitiful, and there are no good options for adding your own. I have a 1999 R1100RT with enough under seat storage for 2 toolkits, an air compressor, and a tire plugging kit. For the GS, I keep my tools inside the top case.

I picked up one of those tubular cases from Amazon two years ago for my Yamaha XT225:

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Automotive tire

It has worked well, but it's too big in diameter to mount under the rear rack without obscuring the tail/brake light. Same problem with the Givi toolbox that someone else suggested. IF you never use the side cases, then you could attach it to the right sidecase mount (there is ~4" clearance between mount and the rear tire). Or, if you never carry a passenger, you could probably mount the tubular case in front of the rear luggage rack, although that might interfere with removing the seat.

I have a low-profile polycarbonate box with a rubber gasket mounted on the top side of the luggage rack on my XT, but with the hinged lid, an under the rack location would be unusable on the GS, and it appears that Home Depot no longer sells them anyway.

Bumper Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Rectangle

#8 ·
"Front fender, maybe?" Maybe a small case on the back rack? Or on the back seat? Being a minimalist restricts your opportunities of saving yourself in time of need.
Although I vaguely remember pics of those big floppy fenders with tool pouched strapped to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.