Admore E55 power harness to my 2009 F650GS - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Hey folks,

I've installed an Admore power harness to my 2009 F650GS to attached my E55 case also with Admore LED lights in the lens. I thought I had it all working properly and took it out for a shake down run and it was fine for a 120 miles and then when I was coming home at night I got the Error light and "LAMP" on my dash. Turns out my factory tail light was completely out! No running light, no braking lights. Thank god the running lights on the E55 was still working but no braking lights on that as well. But this turns out to be intermittent. When I got home, everything worked after I restarted the bike. I sat in my garage testing the lights and sometimes it would work 20 times in a row and sometimes it would get that error four or five times in.

I connected the red and blue wires from the Admore harness to the license plate light wire (blue and white) which should be a 12v switch. The turn signals works fine and the running lights on the Admore E55 works fine. I only tapped into the license plate light - so why would the tail light go out? I'm guessing it's the canbus shutting it down. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-05-19 at 08:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Guenther
    12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    Are you sure you connected to the right wire?

According to the wiring diagram for your G650GS the license plate light wire is blue-gray-yellow.

/Guenther

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    I have the 09 F650GS not the "G." Yes, I have tapped into the proper wire. I just saw the colors wrong. It is blue/gray/yellow. Not sure why that didn't work or why it's intermittent. I just tested it again and it worked fine for about ten attempts. But I hate to be out on the road again without the tail light working another time. Is there another 12V switch wire that I can tap into?

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Guenther
    12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    I meant F650GS. On my 2017 F700GS the tail/brake light and the license plate light wires share one connector. I can't see this detail on the wire diagram for the F650 GS. Maybe while connecting to the license plate wire you did something to the tail/brake light wire?

How did you connect to that wire? Do you have a picture?

/Guenther

4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    I ended up getting a Hex EZCan and connected the power and ground wires to the EZCan. Still need to get it out for a shakedown ride to make sure it works well for long distance. I'm hopefully since the EZCan is made for attaching accessories. I like riding this GS but I absolutely hate the Canbus. I hooked up this same harness to my W650 years ago and it took an hour compared to prob 10 hours on this stupid Canbus.

3 Days Ago
    you need a hex ezcan. hexinnovate.com