looking at purchasing a 2016 f800gs - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

3 Weeks Ago
    Motorcycle
    '96 Vulcan
    Motorcycle
    '82 GS 750
    Motorcycle
    '13 Ultra Glide Limited
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to the adventure style bikes and I am looking at purchasing my first one. I have found a 2016 BMW f800gs at a local dealership. What are things that I need to look for or at on this bike? Any known issues to check out before gong up there? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chris
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    First, welcome. I think I'd simply look to see what the maintenance record is and compare that to the recommended maintenance intervals. If it has enough miles on it, has it had a valve check? While I didn't do mine on my GT till 25,000 miles, it is good leverage to get the dealer to do it on their nickle, and not yours. These bikes are really rock solid.

Otherwise, I'd look at the normal things like tires, brakes and any damage from dropping it.

And then compare the Kelley Blue Book price against what they are asking. Remember the price they are asking is just that. It is not necessarily the selling price. And my guess is this is a low time of the year for motorcycle sales, even in Arizona. As for an offer price, I'd see what the Trade-In price is versus the Retail price in KBB. I'd offer the lower price and see what they do. And don't let them tell you that all the accessories that are installed on the bike justify a higher price. Accessories are something that makes the bike easier to sell...but don't count in the price. If they try to tell you otherwise...walk.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

4. LikesMEWARDELL liked this post

3 Weeks Ago
    Motorcycle
    '96 Vulcan
    Motorcycle
    '82 GS 750
    Motorcycle
    '13 Ultra Glide Limited
    This bike only has 3800 miles on it so it from what I have read is barely even broke in. They are asking 8900 so I will compare from there and see how it stands amongst the standards of price. Thanks for the advice

6. LikesDaboo liked this post