BMW F800 Forum banner

Diagram/Routing showing stock brake, clutch, throttle cable routing

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IgnacioDenver 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings everyone.

My wife's ABS-equipped ST had the MV risers installed and the cables routed so no extension was necessary (this was done by our local BMW dealer). We are now selling the bike and will use the MV risers on her new 2019GT when we get it next season. I want to return the routing of the brake, clutch, and throttle cables to their stock location, however, my Haynes repair manual doesn't show the original routing.

Does anyone have a diagram or a photo (or can you take a photo from top and bottom) showing the original routing and position of the cables at/around the triple tree?

I've figured out that the brake cable goes under the lower tree and is held in place with a guide, however, I am not sure if the brake line should go on the inside or outside of the steering damper mount (it works in either position but there is likely a correct way).

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. The parts diagrams generally don't show the routing (they tend to separate the view of the brake lines with nothing else shown).

I did get an image from Larry on the BMWSportTouring.com form that I will share here. These might be from a dealer/factory repair manual if I am not mistaken.

Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.