Lamp warning - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

2 Weeks Ago
    Hi all, my bike is a 2016 model. I recently washed it and it's now showing a lamp fault, all the lamps are fully functional. This is still showing after a few weeks, has any one else had this issue? I'm guessing I got some water into a connection which is giving the fault I'm wondering if dropping the power to the battery will sort it.
    Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Guenther
    12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    It's in your Owners Manual: If the the light bulbs/LEDs have been fixed then a restart of the bike should clear the LIGHT fault indicator.

Did you check low+high beam lights, parking light, brake/tail light and all turn lights?

/Guenther

4. LikesDaboo liked this post

3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F 800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by CARL2477 View Post
    Hi all, my bike is a 2016 model. I recently washed it and it's now showing a lamp fault, all the lamps are fully functional. This is still showing after a few weeks, has any one else had this issue? I'm guessing I got some water into a connection which is giving the fault I'm wondering if dropping the power to the battery will sort it.
    Many thanks
    Could be a valid signal in that a bulb or wire got loose somehow: in that case guenner is right and you too in maybe dropping power to the battery will solve it. Or it could be that the water just needs to dry up, in that case an excuse to take it for a ride

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Cramer
    2 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Check the little "sidelight" that's next to the main headlight. Mine has gone out twice and it's hard to notice when it's out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    08' F800ST- side panniers & Shad SH45 top case, Russell Day Long seat, MRA Vario Windscreen, SW Motech crash bars, ZTechnik exhaust, PC-8 fuseblock, Stebel Nautilus horn, Throttlemeister throttle lock, SW Motech handlebar risers, LED fog lights, highway pegs 

8. Likesruffyz liked this post

1 Minute Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    The other one, if nothing is obvious, is the tail light bulb. If it fails a reduced voltage is sent to the brake light filament so that shows as a normal tail light it looks as though nothing is wrong.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

10. Likesruffyz, padaek, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Guenther
    12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '17 F700GS
    Disconnecting the battery is really not necessary. It requires to reset the date either by the dealer or a GS911 kind of tool.

/Guenther