BMW F800 Forum banner

vin numbers

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  surasim 
#1 ·
Hi everyone thanks for the add to the group. I just picked up what i was told is a 2012 tc250. Big problem is I'm having a hard time finding the vin. I know they are supposed to be on the headstock. This one has 17 digits stamped into the LEFT side not the right. Nothing on the right. Heres the thing, I'm in Ontario canada and the 17 digit number I give the mto to register the bike comes up as an invalid number. Uh oh. Police say the sale thing. But its not coming up as stolen in any search? I called a husky dealer and they were no help. Is there any way I can find the original vin based on engine stampings etc? Or is the vin in some other weird spot? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Motorcycle VIN numbers vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but they are usually located near the headstock (steering neck), on a frame rail, or, rarely, on the engine bottom. It is possible to do other things when you obtain an invalid VIN number. Registration and insurance papers contain the VIN as well, so be sure to check them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.