Fuse Box2014 F700GS - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

4 Weeks Ago
    Hi,
    I had a lamp indication come up on my screen and rightly so the headlight lamp was no working.

I purchased a new H7, installed it and no go.

I checked the voltage at the plug and zero so I am assuming the fuse has blown.

I can seem to locate the fuse box.

Can anyone advise??

Thanks in advance.

TerryV

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Cramer
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Your bike does not have any fuses. The computer (ZFE) controls all the circuits and will shut one down before too many amps will cause a problem. This is the same system that sensed a blown bulb.

The computer resets itself when you turn the key off, and boots up when you turn it on. This is why you should wait until the warning light goes out before starting the engine after turning the key to the "on" position.

So to your problem: make sure you start the engine. The headlight will not come on unless the engine is running (nor will you get voltage at the plug). If the bulb is good, then the lamp error will reset itself. If that doesn't work, you should check the new bulb for continuity to make sure it is good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    08' F800ST- side panniers & Shad SH45 top case, Russell Day Long seat, MRA Vario Windscreen, SW Motech crash bars, ZTechnik exhaust, PC-8 fuseblock, Stebel Nautilus horn, Throttlemeister throttle lock, SW Motech handlebar risers, LED fog lights, highway pegs 

4. ThanksDaboo thanked for this post
    LikesMGD109, Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Wayne
    19 Hours Ago
    I had a problem with my 2013 800... it turned out to be a loose connection at the plug where the harness plugs into the headlamp assembly or the back of the cluster... I forget which but I could wiggle the plugs around and get the light to come on or off.

6. ThanksDaboo thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

4 Weeks Ago
    Thanks for that - you nailed it in one.

Once I started the bike the fault cleared.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ccramerusc View Post
    Your bike does not have any fuses. The computer (ZFE) controls all the circuits and will shut one down before too many amps will cause a problem. This is the same system that sensed a blown bulb.

The computer resets itself when you turn the key off, and boots up when you turn it on. This is why you should wait until the warning light goes out before starting the engine after turning the key to the "on" position.

So to your problem: make sure you start the engine. The headlight will not come on unless the engine is running (nor will you get voltage at the plug). If the bulb is good, then the lamp error will reset itself. If that doesn't work, you should check the new bulb for continuity to make sure it is good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. ThanksMGD109 thanked for this post

4 Weeks Ago
    Thanks for that - you nailed it in one

Once I started the bike the fault cleared.

Cheers

11. ThanksMGD109 thanked for this post