BMW F800 Forum banner

Corona virus

581K views 2K replies 32 participants last post by  Flook 
#1 ·
Everybody by now has heard plenty on the world-wide spread of the corona virus. It seems to be everywhere. Washington state had a death attributed to it in recents news. So what is happening in your neck of the woods?
Any local or national news concerning this is welcome. I'm not sure as to what to make of it myself. Maybe by combining any information here as some kind of information port. A greater understand of what is going on can be ascertained.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/29/worse-than-flu-busting-coronavirus-myths

#1,302 ·
I received my second Moderna vaccine shot yesterday morning and I have experienced no adverse reaction at all to the shot. Not even a sore arm. No headache, soreness, chills, fever, or tiredness. [:)] With the first shot I experienced a sore arm for a couple of days. But not with this one. However, I have one friend who reported that both he and his wife experienced all of those reactions for about 12 hours after the shot, starting around 10pm at night. So go figure. It is really odd how different people seem to react differently. In general, it appears that the older you are the less likely you are to get a reaction to the vaccine. I have no explanation that makes any sense for that observation. :confused:

#1,303 ·
I've had my first A-Z vaccination. I felt nothing at the time - excellent Murtagh injection technique - and no ill effects afterwards. My wife had some redness surrounding and distal to her injection site that presented within about 30 minutes and persisted for a couple of hours. That's all.

I don't really know why I am reporting this, apart from that it seems to be the done thing inside this chamber of binomial intelligence.

#1,304 ·
Received my second Pfizer shot Friday afternoon. With the first injection I had moderate injection site pain for a couple days. I would say more than a normal injection but not a big deal. I also had slight overall achiness but not really notable. The second resulted in the same arm pain and I am still sore today. A bit of discomfort rolling over in bed.

However, the body aches with dose two have been much stronger for me. The afternoon of dose two I experienced slight "weirdness' like a dizziness and hard time thinking. Yesterday I had flu-like aches throughout the day. Felt really crappy midday and feeding myself Tylenol to avoid wasting a day on the couch. Overnight, I woke up cold around 1am. Very cold. I am not one to run cold and I tossed for about half an hour of being really uncomfortably before deciding I needed to get up and take some Tylenol and turn up the heat in the house. It was as if I were winter camping and could not get warm.

Once I got up, it just intensified and got really strong physical shivers and chills. I put on a fleece and went back to bed. My wife got me some socks as my shivering woke her up. The shivers and freezing last about 30 minutes and I fell back asleep about an hour after I got up. This morning, I just have some aches.

So dose two had a much stronger reaction for me. I have not had shivers and chills like that in many, many years. Beats the alternative though and I can only imagine what the full-blown symptoms are like.

#1,305 ·
Things have certainly improved in the USA since the removal from office of the orange turd.

The peakiest of peaky peaks that Donald J Trump and his disgustingly stoopid followers imposed upon the people of dear ole America has been slip sliding away ever since January 20th. It is unlikely that any other country will rise to the inept heights of the US during this pandemic despite the improvement, given the brainless head start gifted to the peeps by Trump and the foul religious right with their lusty desire and sense of hope and interest at the death all around them. 'Laudy, look at all those gosh golly corpses dear, how interesting'.

That said, the COVID-19 situation continues to roll on. I note there has been a death from COVID-19 in Australia, the first since October 2020.

#1,306 ·
Time to warm up the Virus thread again and also perhaps add a little political spin to it: Attached is an article describing the California Governor's latest multi-million dollar giveaway program and how it compares with other states that incentivize getting vaccinated by giving out free beer and park passes. Did he really need to have a lottery that will hand out $1.5 million rewards to 10 people for getting vaccinated? I would think that something not quite that generous would work just as well, such as the $50 gift cards that will be given out to the 2 million people who get vaccinated by June 15. But when the money is not coming out of your pocket and you are under the threat of being recalled, I guess the sky's the limit. In any case, if you are a California resident you should be interested in this news.

Attachments

Reactions: TheMeteor
#1,309 ·
Hey guys. Regarding bizarre virus conspiracy theories, I just came up with one myself last night: It is my belief that Big Pharma hired that Chinese lab in Wuhan to develop the Corona Virus and spread it around so that they could make billions of dollars selling the vaccine to the world's population - at least the ones that could afford it. :rolleyes: And now they plan on getting us hooked on the shots so that we will have to pay big bucks to take a booster shot every year or run the risk of dying. [:0] They are also paying the world's media to run news stories every night spreading fear about the virus and guilt if you don't get the shot. Feel free to spread this conspiracy on the internet while sitting on the throne reading about your latest Next Door news event. [uhoh]

On more serious news: everyone in my family, including me, as well as everyone that I personally know, has now had both of the vaccine shots and so far the only reported aftereffect is a sore arm for a day or two and feeling a little weak the day after the second shot. I have not heard a single report of anyone getting sick after having a shot or two of any of the vaccines. [:)]

Attachments

Reactions: MGD109
#1,310 ·
Hay Richard,,, that theory is at least as good as some of the other shit that goes around and a whole lot more believable,,. You should get on twitter, might be able to make a buck off it,,!!

Congratulations on all the successful programs and vaccination rates,,. Hard to argue its not beneficial when you look at the overall progress in the numbers,,.

We here in Canada are starting to make some headway as well with the vaccination rates, finally the under 16 yr old's and the second shots are rolling out nicely but no where near the US coverage at this point,,. In fact our case numbers are worse then at any point last year so still lots of progress to make up,,.

#1,311 ·
The last member of my family to get the shot will be my youngest granddaughter. She wanted to wait until June 12, the day after her finals at UCSC, as she was worried that if she ended up under the weather due to the shot it might impact her getting an A+ in all of her classes. Now she is one of the 85% in Marin county to get vaccinated. [:)]

#1,312 ·
Our governor did free beer, free wine (from state wineries and brewers) and god knows what else. Wish common sense would rule and all would just vaccinated (or nearly all) but common sense never seems to rule.

Had a few days off wrapped around Memorial Day holiday. Went to the barber for the first time since Feb 2020 and the dentist first time since Jan 2020. Feels good...even went to a restaurant yesterday and ate there.

#1,313 ·
Our governor did free beer, free wine (from state wineries and brewers) and god knows what else. Wish common sense would rule and all would just vaccinated (or nearly all) but common sense never seems to rule.

Had a few days off wrapped around Memorial Day holiday. Went to the barber for the first time since Feb 2020 and the dentist first time since Jan 2020. Feels good...even went to a restaurant yesterday and ate there.
To me, free beer makes more sense than entering people who have already been vaccinated into a $100 million raffle where only 10 people will win a $1.5 million prize. To my mind, free beer is a much more efficient use of taxpayer's money and may be just as effective. At least everyone wins. [:)]

#1,314 ·
Here is a copy of a part of an email that my daughter sent to me which she received from a woman that she knows who is a dedicated Anti-Vaxxer. (My daughter definitely does not agree with her.) Yesterday Marin County's Congressman Huffman held a town hall for his constituents, which was invaded by about 50 anti-vaxxers who were ranting, raving and waving signs long enough to attract the TV news reporters. After they got their few minutes on the news, they left and apparently the town hall meeting continued. Just check out the following message, which I have trimmed down (and screwed up its formatting) to keep it to a manageable length, which was used to rally the troops. These people are nuts! BTW, Marin County has one of the highest vaccination rates in the county. Something like 85% of the population over the age of 12 have been vaccinated so far, according to news reports.
[bh][hide]
!! ACTION ALERT !!
CONGRESSMAN JARED HUFFMAN'S ILLEGAL TOWN HALL

VACCINATION SEGREGATION POLICY:
"GET VAXXED OR GO TO THE BACK OF THE BUS!"
NO WAY!!!
EVERYTHING MAY HANG IN THE BALANCE OF THE OUTCOME OF THIS EVENT!
THIS MAY BE AMERICA'S FREEDOM WOODSTOCK, 2021!
PLEASE GET IN YOUR CAR WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND SHOWUP
ON THIS TUESDAY, JUNE 8TH
SAN RAFAEL COMMUNITY CENTER
(618 B STREET)

SHARE WIDELY !
HE SEGREGATES THE VACCINATED FROM THE UNVACCINATED:
"PROOF OF VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE EVENT
BEFORE ENTRANCE FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE"!
HUFFMAN'S VACCINE PASSPORT

VIOLATES MANY OF YOUR RIGHTS!
IT'S ILLEGAL
IT'S DISCRIMINATION
IT'S SEGREGATION
IT'S MEDICAL APARTHEID -
ON THE STATE & FEDERAL LEVEL
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!
IT'S MEDICAL GERRYMANDERING!
WE ARE GATHERING IN HUGE NUMBERS FROM ALL OVER CALIFORNIA
TO MAKE A NATIONAL EXAMPLE OF HUFFMAN'S VIOLATION OF
THE CONSTITUTION AND OF THIS ERA OF THE GOVERNMENT
PUSHING TO TRANSITION TO VACCINE PASSPORTS/DIGITAL I.D..
WE ARE NOW CHARGED WITH BLOWING THE LID OFF THE LIES.
THIS PRECEDENT WILL ECHO THROUGHOUT THE NATION AND THE WORLD.
WE NEED FOR 10,000 OF US TO SHOW UP.
Come together in the spirit of love and peace standing in your truth and inner knowing without anger or judgement. Visualize thousands peacefully protesting. Stand in your God given sovereign sacred right to freedom with conviction and self love, not anger. Bring your highest and best self! Beginning now, we can build a field for this event that will attract the freedom heart of many!

• THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL FREEDOM LOVING CITIZENS TO STAND UP FOR THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. THIS IS NOT GENERATED FROM ANY ONE ORGANIZED GROUP.
  • IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE REPRESENT OURSELVES AS CONCERNED CITIZENS, NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY GROUP.
  • THE EVENT WILL RECEIVE NATIONAL PRESS COVERAGE.
  • TO PROTECT CREDIBILITY, THIS WILL BE A PEACEFUL GATHERING (LIKE LONDON).
  • WE NEED TO FOCUS ON INFORMING THE PUBLIC (NOT ARGUING WITH PEOPLE).
  • OUR TALKING POINTS WILL BE MOST EFFECTIVE IF THEY ARE STRATEGIC (POINT TO THE LAWS HE IS BREAKING).
  • QUALITY GRAPHICS SIGNS GET POSITIVE ATTENTION.

• RALLY SIGN SLOGANS (PDF below): Please use these slogans freely. Adapt them to your personal concerns. Chose one that resonates for you. Staying close to the themes of these slogans focuses on the intention of the event - to show how vax passports illegally discriminate in society.

EVENT LOCATION: SAN RAFAEL COMMUNITY CENTER: 618 B STREET
4:30 - 5:30 PM TUESDAY JUNE 8TH
(CAR POOL AND PARK A FEW BLOCKS AWAY.)
RALLY FROM 4:00PM - 6:00PM
PLEASE FORWARD THIS CALL TO ACTION FAR AND WIDE
TO YOUR FREEDOM COMMUNITIES NOW!
IN UNITY & SOLIDARITY FOR FREEDOM

#1,315 ·
I could never get why anyone would care if the next guy wares a mask or get a medically recommended vaccine that may prevent them from getting sick,,. The only reasonable explanation is its a grift to raise money and its being done at the highest levels of government, they are the ones that are selling the snake oil,,. These last few years will go down in history as the modern period of miss information,,,,, the retardation of the American People,,!!

#1,318 ·
I, too, do not not understand why someone would be angry at someone for wearing a mask. Who really cares if someone chooses to do so? A lot about people's reactions to this virus that is odd.

Reactions: Lag
#1,319 ·
I get upset when a very pretty girl is wearing a mask and I can't see her face or tell if she is smiling at me. [:)] Otherwise, who cares unless they are breaking into a bank.

BTW, I seem to recall that in some countries there was a law that motorcycle and scooter riders had to remove their helmets before paying for gas or entering a convenience store and some other kinds of establishments. I assume that law is no longer being enforced. And now that everyone is wearing a mask, are those employees and establishments any less safe? :confused:

#1,325 ·
I doubt that there has been one day in my lifetime that the population did not increase. A small city is added to the planet every day. a large city, comparable to metropolitan San Francisco, is added every month. This would include San Jose north to Vallejo and east to Walnut Creek, every month.

#1,326 ·
Lets hope that Hans Rosling (dec)* is correct and the world's population does not double again in the next 50 years [:0][:(][xx(]

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_global_population_growth_box_by_box?language=en

* Deceased. Not shorthand for Democrat you idiot Republicans. He didn't vote for Trump (nor against him), but he was in fact a superbrain, unlike DJ Trump hisself. ["Person, woman, man, camera, television. They were very tough questions..."]

#1,327 ·
It looks like the Biden administration is doing too good a job of reducing COVID cases and increasing vaccinations in the US of A.

So the republicans are going to wheel out the snake oil salesman Donald J Trump to keep America number 1. With a whole bunch of dumbass antivaxxer Republicans gathering in Wellington Ohio to give themselves a rub it will be nice to see a little spike in the COVID cases. Sure a bunch of people will die, but that's nice as the fascist right-wing Christains will get a front line bed in ICU with the wriggling glimmer of hope that they will meet their laud a little earlier than they had previously planned.

I wonder if, like Yabbadabbadoo, they will find it interesting and exciting that the eternal void that they enter ain't be heaven at all at all.

#1,328 ·
Marin County, just north of San Francisco, is reporting that 90% of their eligible residents have now had at least 1 vaccine shot and 80% are fully vaccinated. San Francisco reported the other day that 80% of their residents have been vaccinated against COVID-10. The same is true of the two counties south of San Francisco, San Mateo (where I live) and Santa Clara Counties. Almost all mask requirements in those counties have been lifted, although some businesses are still requesting that anyone who is not fully vaccinated still wear a mask while indoors, especially when children are around, as children under 12 have not been approved for receiving the shot yet.

Interestingly, in my town most people are still wearing masks within stores and other commercial establishments and most stores still have a hand and cart sanitation station near their entrance. And I still see people driving around by themselves while wearing a mask. :confused: Also, about half of the people that I meet while walking around my neighborhood still wear a mask outside and some will cross to the other side of the street when they get within 100 yards of me. (No need for underarm deodorant.[;)] ) Finally, government offices still require you to wear a mask while paying off your local politician. :rolleyes:

#1,330 ·
Habit.

Habit and good hygiene. If the mask wearer is going to be in and out of the car entering stores or crowded places they don't have to be touching it repeatedly nor wondering if it is on correctly or not.

For those of us that wear masks for extended periods professionally it is normal to neither touch the mask unnecessarily nor complain about having it on in the first place.

The vaccine provides good protection against getting and giving the virus. Masks help significantly.

SARS-COV-2 cares not one zot about First Amendment Rights and fools who think open carry is the way to protect their family from harm.

#1,331 ·
99% of COVID-19 deaths in U.S. involve unvaccinated people

America's top infectious disease expert says about 99.2 per cent of recent COVID-19 deaths in the United States involved unvaccinated people. And Dr. Anthony Fauci says "it's really sad and tragic that most all of these are avoidable and preventable."

READ MORE: Fauci says 3 approved COVID-19 vaccines 'really quite good,' urges public to accept shots

He tells NBC's "Meet the Press" it's frustrating "where you have a formidable enemy" in the coronavirus and "yet we do have a countermeasure that's highly, highly effective. And that's the reason why it's all the more sad and all the more tragic why it isn't being completely implemented in this country."

Fauci notes the United States is "very fortunate" that it has "enough vaccines to vaccinate essentially everybody in the country. And there are people throughout the world who would do anything to get vaccines."

The United States has registered over 605,000 deaths in the pandemic, the highest national toll in the world.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8001754/u-s-covid-deaths-unvaccinated-people/

#1,332 ·
My youngest granddaughter, who will be turning 21 next weekend, got her second shot on Saturday and developed a fever and chills 24 hours later. Fortunately, she is feeling better today. She is the only one in our family that had a reaction, other than a sore shoulder, to the Pfizer vaccine. Now were are all vaccinated. I am glad that is over with. Hopefully, we won't need booster shots in the future.

Reactions: scf
#1,333 ·
i found out a family member that lives out of state contracted COVID in June. She was the only one in their household to get ill because she does not believe in vaccines and thusly refused to get vaccinated. She got fairly ill but is better now. She is still fearful of long-term effects of the vaccine.

When one looks at the current deaths and severe illness striking those that are unvaccinated, it is a clear choice for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.