BMW F800 Forum banner

new owner

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Richard230 
#1 ·
Hi Folks.
Just purchased my first naked bike. A 2016 F800R Sport. Came from a NT700V Deauville and a CBF1000GT so having no screen will be a novelty.
Based in Northern Ireland, UK.
Bruno.

#4 ·
Welcome from Puget Sound! You live in a beautiful country that seems made for motorcycle riding.

Would you please enter your location in your profile? Yes, you said where you're based out of in the first post...but on your next thread where you're asking for some advice, maybe someone will live nearby that can show you what they have. :)

Chris

#5 ·
Welcome from across the Irish Sea.

Not been to Northern Ireland for many years I'll make the effort to return to watch the North West 200 before my time is out.

Enjoy the F800 they are good bikes.

#12 ·
I feel like we need a social barrier between the elderly (65 and up?) and the young at this point. The young can practically ignore this virus, that much is pretty weel known. But the elderly and those with compromised immune systems are very much at risk. If we could somehow ensure that we keep the two groups apart for a while, I believe that would 1) Protect those at the most risk, and 2) allow the younger folks (like me!) to move around more freely.

#13 ·
California's Governor just ordered that no social gatherings of any size should occur within the state for at least the next three weeks. And France has locked down all of their residents in the entire country. They can't leave their homes without written approval from the government. On Sunday in California, residents over 65 were ordered to stay at home and yesterday the order was applied to all residents in the seven San Francisco counties, affecting 7 million people.

#14 ·
...On Sunday in California, residents over 65 were ordered to stay at home and yesterday the order was applied to all residents in the seven San Francisco counties, affecting 7 million people.
Wow! If they ordered those over 65 yrs old to stay at home, that means there's no motorcyclists on the road!

Seriously, how empty are the roads? I went over to my in-laws yesterday to fix Ed's computer. It took me about 30 seconds, but we were wasting a lot of time trying to get it done over the phone. On the way over and back, it seemed like there was still a sizable number of drivers.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.