BMW F800 Forum banner

Social distancing

169K views 459 replies 26 participants last post by  WildWilly 
#1 ·
What better way than to go for a motorcycle ride. The weather is warming up here in New England, so we are riding.Pack a lunch and hit the road.
I want to ask if our fellow riders in California are able to get out and ride with the quarantine on.
I have an International Norton Owners 2020 Rally coming up in July, in the Catskills, The Americade in June, at Lake George NY, Laconia Bike Week, NH. Dirt Daze in August, in NH. I hope they all go on as planned.
Anyone else going to any of these?

#94 ·
Missed the point!

I watched that press conference live. It was not a rally at all, simply a send-off and acknowledgement of the staff and capabilities of a great resource being sent to help people in need. It was a good thing! There was no MAGA, no lock her up and the audience was limited to a few members of the press. That you feel the need to characterize this as something that it was not says a lot about you!

#73 ·
I had breakfast with a friend today who works for several local radio stations maintaining their transmitter equipment. For some unknowable reason, a local county sheriff pulled him over on Friday while he was driving a company truck and asked him why he was driving around when he should have been sheltering at home. Once he pulled out his Homeland Security letter stating that he was authorized to be on the road as he is maintaining critical communications infrastructure, the cop walked away without saying anything else. This was a couple of days after the county DA said that he would prosecute anyone not obeying the shelter in place regulations and 6' social distancing. What a bunch of jerks. Surely they must have something better to do, especially with the courts closed and trying to do everything via the internet. :confused:

I visited Alice's Restaurant today in the Santa Cruz Mountains. (I stuck to the back roads and away from major roads, which the cops were patrolling in force.) The place was pretty much deserted and only selling takeout meals. Their dining room was closed but their parking lot was not. Photos attached.

Attachments

Reactions: oxytotl
#77 ·
Here is a scary article published in my newspaper today regarding staying safe while pumping gas. Fortunately, I have a box of disposable nitrile gloves that I use when working on my motorcycles. However, finding disinfectant wipes and sprays, paper towels and similar items to clean the fuel pump handle and pump operation pads is almost impossible right now.

Another article today mentioned that all 23 county parks are closed in my county, so the park department is saying that their usual visitors will have to travel further than normal to find trails that remain open. Like I said, we are getting conflicting messages.

Attachments

#82 ·
Need a bit of a rant after three weeks of acting socially responsible.

I'm tired of forsaking relatively low-risk things in order to counterbalance all the dumb people who do high-risk things no matter what they're told.

None of the measures will ever make perfect sense in every single situation. That's not an opportunity to create excuses for yourself.

Physically remain in your home. (Workers deemed essential and serious medical issues are legitimate exceptions.)
Do not receive visitors (including family members that don't live with you.)
If food can't be delivered, one person goes grocery shopping, as infrequently as possible.
Scrub your hands with soap and water.

Send some appreciation to medical workers, truckers, grocery clerks and teachers who are operating under enormous pressure so we can stay home.

#90 ·
Here are the latest virus cartoons going around on email today. [:)]

Attachments

#99 ·
Do you resemble that remark, Bill?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.