BMW F800 Forum banner

Social distancing

169K views 459 replies 26 participants last post by  WildWilly 
#1 ·
What better way than to go for a motorcycle ride. The weather is warming up here in New England, so we are riding.Pack a lunch and hit the road.
I want to ask if our fellow riders in California are able to get out and ride with the quarantine on.
I have an International Norton Owners 2020 Rally coming up in July, in the Catskills, The Americade in June, at Lake George NY, Laconia Bike Week, NH. Dirt Daze in August, in NH. I hope they all go on as planned.
Anyone else going to any of these?

#39 ·
Speaking of social distancing, why doesn't the President do that when he is giving one of his daily news conferences? He is surrounded by his henchmen at the podium and they are only about a foot away from each other. Even his chief medical advisor. Why doesn't he get the virus? Could it be the chemical that makes him orange, that won't allow the virus to attach to his cells? :rolleyes:

#272 ·
Andrew Cuomo makes Trump look like a total moron everytime either of them open their mouths on this subject,,.
I think this guy would make a good Vice choice given his experiance and previous political successes, unfortunately he and Biden have both indicated that its not in the tea leaves?

#55 ·
Stay safe Guys. You may not know how much somebody on the other side of the world enjoys/needs your post. When this is over it's on the bucket list to shake Bill, Philip, Richard and Chris's hand (and when I get to the US there are are others I will seek out). We are all different, we may have have different politics and maybe views. Maybe we may have different theologies but there is more unities us than divides us. Pull together for families, for our communities , for our countries, for Humanity God knows He knows needs us right know. Love (in the truest sense of the the Word) you all.

#57 ·
That could happen. Since joining the Forum in 2007 I have had the privilege to make lifelong friends. I have had a member ten years ago visit from the Black Country in the UK starting the process. Also, visited France and Greece. All on invitations by some very beautiful people I might add. Feel free to contact me through private message as someday, it all could happen again.

#56 ·
My wife and I kept busy taking care of business around the house. I spent some time in the shed and read. Then when it warmed up, I took the French Bulldogs and Jack Russell out to an empty park to get some air and running in. So she had the house to her self mostly watching TV about the Coronavirus. I made bran muffins.....

#60 ·
Would have loved to ride to Laconia Bike Week, in NH this year, but as for now big gatherings are not wise. I agree with Runmyownlife when he said,

"When people are playing loose with the rules it actually puts all our civil liberties in jeopardy — it makes government have to look at more and more stringent measures to actually contain people in their own homes.

Something to ponder next time you rationalize a trip out of the house."

However, I'm keeping the faith that we'll all get to ride in our social groups again soon! Now is a time to for us examine and humble ourselves, and pray for our leaders. While we're at it, let's do a good deed for a neighbor.

#68 ·
Anyone coming into Australia were initially asked to self isolate for 14 days, but there were quite a few not complying,
So some states started fining them $1000+, that helped a bit. But a few were still not doing the right thing.
So now the some states have come down tough. Come midnight tonight, anyone coming into Aus now are quarantined into a hotel room for 14 days and if they step out of the room they could be up for a $11,000 fine and 6 months jail.

Reactions: IanA and Roadpizza
#69 ·
I was under the impression at the start of all this when people were returned to their home countries from Wuhan they were required to self isolate, it obviously wasn't enforced. And that could a factor of why we're in deep shit now.

Reactions: Roadpizza
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.