Camera windscreen mount - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Robert
    1 Day Ago
    Anybody know a cheaper wunderlich
    Windscreen camera mount alternative ?
    70 odd quid for piece of alloy is ridiculous

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Not sure what the Weinerlick is gonna do for you. I ran a camera on the dash on my DL650 and looking out the front of a MRA shield. It worked fine. I'm amazed at what the camera can record. Remarkable little things.
    If you are worrying about optically perfect views I don't think 70 quid is going to get it.
    Bye the way, is the British empire going back to the pound after the Brexit?

Real Name
    Robert
    1 Day Ago
    Thanks for your reply , not to bothered about the best optical views , just somewhere handy to mount the camera .

Regarding the Brexit situation . We have always retained the pound , we never converted to the EURO !

Thanks Robert

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    8 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by notacop View Post
    Not sure what the Weinerlick is gonna do for you. I ran a camera on the dash on my DL650 and looking out the front of a MRA shield. It worked fine. I'm amazed at what the camera can record. Remarkable little things.
    If you are worrying about optically perfect views I don't think 70 quid is going to get it.
    Bye the way, is the British empire going back to the pound after the Brexit?
    To my knowledge, the UK has never left the Pound. And speaking of the Pound, once the virus hit the UK, the value of the Pound has dropped in just a few days from about $1.29 USD to the current $1.16, according to my newspaper. The Euro has been sticking around $1.10 USD as of yesterday.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

5 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    i made a dash board above the instruments on my DL650. Not sure what the GT offers since I don't have one. On my 1100RT a friend machined up a couple pieces and I mounted a bar above the instrument cluster that I could hang stuff on like a GPS or Camera. Sometime you gotta get creative. Looking at the dash seems like you could bridge over the instruments for a mount position. Looking at the wunderlich Go Pro mount is similar to what I fabricated on my DL650. Get some sheet metal and bend it up. Rivet it in place. I finally see the the Wunderlich is like 80 euros.That's a lot for a strip of metal.

Real Name
    Dave
    11 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    I used one of the sticky helmet mounts and fitted the camera (SJcam, gopro clone) to the outside of the screen above the headlamp.
    A short piece of cord acts as a safety strap tied to the camera and the mirror stem.
    Works for me. Piccy later