Availability of Battery Cover Screws - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    Hi All, Do any of you guys know where online I can purchase some screws for the battery cover as it seems I've lost 2 or 3 over the years.

Cheers

Coddy

2. LikesFlook liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Alex
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by coddy View Post
    Hi All, Do any of you guys know where online I can purchase some screws for the battery cover as it seems I've lost 2 or 3 over the years.

Cheers

Coddy
    Motorworks.co.uk will have them

5. LikesFlook, Roadpizza, danomar liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    1 Week Ago
    Used to use Brian at EBolt but think he may well be retired now. (Member of UK BMW club)

Have also used Sterling Bolt in Peterborough to buy a job lot when "doing bikes up". Always go there so don't know if they post.

For small numbers try searching on E-Bay for :-

Torx T25 Button Head Stainless
    or
    Torx M5 Button Head Stainless

You'll need to measure the length of the threaded part of your existing fasteners, 12 or 16mm rings a bell but I may be wrong with the length. Normally so cheap it's good to buy a small selection.

Hope this is useful to you.

Ride safely, when you get the chance to.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

7. LikesFlook liked this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorworks every time, buy a few more than you need.I have found them invaluable in the past.
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

10. LikesRabbitwar222 liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    1 Week Ago
    Forgot to mention shawstainless.co.uk owned by Steve Scrimshaw ex Moto Bins and MOD trained as far as I'm aware

Very knowledgeable about BMW's and probably supplies Motoworks for BMW specific stainless parts.

Not bought from him for a while but a sound person and a pleasure to deal with.

12. LikesFlook, Roadpizza liked this post

27 Minutes Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

14. LikesFlook liked this post

Real Name
    Dave
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    A tip....
    If you decide to fit a Givi tanklok ring to a GT, change the hex head button screws, that Givi supply, for T25 button head stainless one.
    They need to be 20/25mm long.
    At least then only need to carry the standard screwdriver (for local trips!). The wheel removal tools go under the seat for my tour trips.

16. LikesFlook liked this post

Real Name
    Andrew
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST

Cheers

Coddy
    You have a battery cover? Learn something new every day!
    A previous owner must have done away with mine.
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    The only battery cover I know of on the ST is the one between the right and left side top fairings. The one where you have to remove the seat to remove some of the screws. The whole long section comes off, leaving access to air filters, battery terminals etc. No extra cover for the battery, not even on the parts display. Unless someone knows better, or has made a specific cover for the battery.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    Thanks everyone, yes I was referring to the curved plastic panel that covers the battery, air filters etc.

Real Name
    Andrew
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Thanks everyone, yes I was referring to the curved plastic panel that covers the battery, air filters etc.
    LOL. Should have guessed that!

I didn't have luck on eBay or bolt/nut sellers. I bought some from a dealer - maybe $2 each?

Could also attend a BMW rally with a screw driver in hand. [evil grin]
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Hi all, I live in Northamptonshire Chelveston to be precise, now St Neots is 20 mins away from me, Peterboro is 40 mins away from me and Banbury about 40/60 mins away. I was wondering, when this CV19 has passed us by, how about meeting up somewhere. Possibly something to look forward to.

Flook

Real Name
    Ian
    6 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    Hi all, I live in Northamptonshire Chelveston to be precise, now St Neots is 20 mins away from me, Peterboro is 40 mins away from me and Banbury about 40/60 mins away. I was wondering, when this CV19 has passed us by, how about meeting up somewhere. Possibly something to look forward to.Flook
    About 1 1/2 hours for me, so I could do St. Neots or Peterborough (I notice your American pronunciation - you've been on here too long !).

How about adding your invite to the South East riders group, who knows what you might stir up ?

Ian
    Last edited by Norfolk UK; 04-02-20 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Typo & added text
    2014 GT Orange. Just the comfort pack and heated grips - not into gizmos.

"Pity the man who wasn't born in the Highlands and hears the pipes"  

Real Name
    Nigel
    1 Week Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    Hi all, I live in Northamptonshire Chelveston to be precise, now St Neots is 20 mins away from me, Peterboro is 40 mins away from me and Banbury about 40/60 mins away. I was wondering, when this CV19 has passed us by, how about meeting up somewhere. Possibly something to look forward to.

Flook
    Up for it, might be a while but good to have something to aim for.

Still working at moment but who knows by the time we sort this all out, may have a bit more time on my hands. For the time being, will have to content myself with virtual rides!

Stay safe over in Radonshire

Real Name
    Dave
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    I'm up for it.
    Live nr. Peterborough - we could meet outside the Star and Garter - belive they do tea/coffee/bacon.
    My mate Ray lives in the village.
    F800GT in blue known as "The Blue Bat"
    Based near Peterborough, Cambridge, UK 

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Hi all, I have just been looking for the Group Section on the front page of this site, I don't know about you but I just cannot find it. I was looking for the one I set up where it has a few members in which unfortunately no longer seem to post here any more. I was thinking of sending out invites to you all with a request asking if you know of any other F8 guy'e out there to join us.

I am pleased you all seem to want to meet up when this is over. All this saddens me as I think of the devastation this is causing to many families who cannot mourn for the passing of loved ones, so sad.. Things things won't be quite the same for some time after for all of us.

In normal times, we all would be doing our own thing, working long hard days, weekends free to a point where things need to be done at home etc, with hardly anytime to meet up. I would be going away in the Motorhome for days or weeks at a time, this frustrated me to a point as it meant I could not get out on the bike, not that much either to go to the local bike club on Thursday's.

However, we are where we are, and in the past I have met up with F8 guy's, even when the originator of this site Rob came over to the UK. Quite a few of us met up at the Silver Ball Near Royston Cambridge. Wow, that felt real good about 9 of us all but one on F8's, that one was Rob, could only hire a Honda, no BMW even an F8. But it was fun, we all ended up at an airfield in Hertfordshire, and one of the ride leaders was PatH.

So, yes, hopefully in the future we can get together, and try to get a nice large group of F8 riders, if it is possible I will try and contact PatH, I think he still has his 06 red F8, if he has, then it may be a possibility for him to meet up with us somewhere.

May be an idea if I try and find out where the groups are and see what I can do from there for private chats etc. That is if you all are agreeable to that.

Flook

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Back again, I have found the groups, there is one for the South East as Ian has mentioned, but that covers from London down to the South coast. I think too fay for any one wanting to come up to us or the other way around. There is a Midlands Group though, so I will have a go at sending out to everyone there including you all here around the Midland area.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    MMMmmm, I do see anywhere to send out for new members, there are 27 members including myself, only the odd one like DJ123 is still posting there. I am left wondering If I should start new group. I had started a group under the heading of UK National Meeting. If you can find the Groups section, Please post there for now about meeting up, also you will see on there only one section of chat that was at that past time, however it may be time for another group to be evolved, if so, what name should it be given, for instance, East Midlands F8 club. Now that I have said that, I think I may try it and see if I can start one.

I will be on touch as soon as.

Flook

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Okay, we are go, I have just set up the Group calledEast Midlands F8 club.

I look forward to welcoming you all to our little sub F8 club.

Flook

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I have just scrolled down the Main page of the forum, and whale, there at the bottom is the section for Groups. Just click on the group and take it from there.

Look forward to future discussions.

Flook