BMW F800 Forum banner

Closed Threads

5K views 36 replies 5 participants last post by  WildWilly 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those mirror quotes my thoughts. Unfortunately, that is not what many people believe in California. At least not in public. However, if you can talk to people alone, they might very well have different ideas that they will discuss with you calmly and rationally, but would be embarrassed and worried about being shamed if they said them in a public forum. [:(] George Orwell would be proud of our current internet society. Just ask the Chinese Government, it really works for them. [B)]

Reactions: scf and WildWilly
#3 ·
In the 8 years of the Obama presidency the offensive statements ran rampant. Lynching etc. I never voiced an objection. Not once. I was the first in line to defend the right to trash a president. I felt if I was a proponent of free speech, that had to include speech I found offensive. To do otherwise would have been hypocritical.

Reactions: oxytotl
#6 ·
And if you're an archer, show them your fingers.

#8 ·
What's the chances of that happening, Bill?

#10 ·
Steve & Richard: I think it depends on how bad this gets. If we are reduced to a start from scratch position, maybe. But I agree with you both . . . . . probably ain't gonna happen.

#11 ·
Maybe if we could get some of the younger generation into power?

#16 ·
I'm gonna have to ask - I've just seen that Philip was able to post 56mins (and 3hrs) ago, how come - although the Corona thread has been closed for some hours? I want to become a Mod so watch out I may muscle my way in!

Come on - own up. Who closed the thread, come out from behind the wall. [hide]. I'm not interested about the content of the thread as I said in an earlier post if a threads being closed for any reason other than it's not being used or out of date then the person who closes it should be man enough (or woman) to state their reasons - or was it closed for National Security reasons??

#18 ·
On a serious note, if the thread was closed because some were offended, I offer a favorite story. A guy goes to his doctor and says "Doc, every time I hit myself in the head with a hammer, it get a headace." The doc says "Quit hitting yourself." If I'm offended but what someone posts, I scroll past their posts and don't read them. Helps me prevent headaches . . . . :)

Reactions: Richard230
#21 ·
Blame Dunny, he's still down as a moderator [:D] He'd be upset that no boobs have popped up in the threads. [eek][eek]

#23 ·
This beginning to piss me off, is there one law for Mods and another for us plebs? Roadpizza and Richard230 have both posted on the Corona Virus thread in the past few hours but it's closed to everyone else, why? I don't necessarily have anything to add to it but can't if I wanted to. Richard either close it fully or reopen for all, or is it a thread confined to Mods only?

Watch Monty Python's Life of Brian where (Stan)John Cleese talks about his right to have babies:

Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on I want you all to call me Loretta.
Reg: What!?
Stan: It's my right as a man.
Judith: Why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
Stan: I want to have babies.
Reg: You want to have babies?!?!?!
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: I'm not oppressing you, Stan -- you haven't got a womb. Where's the
fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
(Stan starts crying.)
Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually
have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the
Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to
have babies, brother. Sister, sorry.
Reg: (pissed) What's the *point*?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he
can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.

#24 ·
They may be the "King's of the Road" and "know every lock that ain't locked when no-one's around" :whistle::eyebrows:

#26 ·
Looking at the moderation action options for us blue moderators, I don't see a way for me to close a thread. I just post if I can and have yet to run across a thread that I can't post into. If I have any special privileges to post into a closed thread it isn't due to any action that I take or am aware of. :confused:

Reactions: WildWilly
#28 ·
Will you put the question Richard to your moderator colleagues? I remember maybe Guido? closed a thread because it got a little silly a while ago.

#33 ·
Looks like there are several closed threads. I'll see if I can figure anything out and let the rest of you know. I would think there would be some kind of electronic footprint of who did what. Whether I have access to that or not, is another matter.

Chris

#34 ·
There's another web page that Guido got me access to, but it doesn't give me any clues. If you want to know who did it, I'm sure HalfPint can tell you. Seeing as at least one of the threads was started by me...I can guarantee you that I did not close it. ;)

There's been weird things going on with the forum software on some other threads, so I'm betting it is just another example of that. Any of the mods can close or reopen a thread.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.