BMW F800 Forum banner

Sports Panniers

903 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DJ123 
#1 ·
Hello F800 Friends. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the left-hand Sports Pannier from an F800S, F800ST or F800GS will fit on an F800R. I think the right-hand side will fit but I am uncertain about the left side because of the exhaust/silencer.

I think the BMW part numbers for the F800R are: Left = 71607719740. Right = 71607722364.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Rob.

PS: If anyone has a set of Sports Panniers in the UK and they want to sell, please send me a PM.

#4 ·
Nice to see you around DJ, how are you? Were coping so far, MOT runs out end of month, will SORN the bike then until I can get out on it, then hopefully meet up with some of the guys here and in the groups.

#8 ·
Hi Dave, i'm good thanks. hope you are too.

MY bike is taxed and MOT'd for the year. Personally i CBA with the hassle of a sorn (and the small saving) as I go out on it when/wherever and don't want to forget it's not legal (obv at normal times, not right now)! Plus with the MOT extensions it's going to cause havoc when everyone goes to get it done. If you consider that new reg's are in March & Sept - and we've just moved everything from March 6 months down the line . . . . it's going to be chaos.

i should be around - i have bike trips planned for this year which still look like they're going ahead (all planned late June onwards). I'll be making the most of it for sure to make up for lost riding time!

#6 ·
Nigel, I have taken that into account, however I do not see the need to ride the bike whilst in lock down. I am however hoping they will lift the lockdown before the MOT extended period is up, then I would pay up and ride till I drop. Meet up with yourself and others for a group ride, though the B645 between you and me is a decent ride, I also know of another shorter ride that has similar twists including a hairpin style curve just over the A14 that leads towards a sudden drop down with a decent blind curve and up again to a view of the road ahead. Only issue here is horses with riders, not may bikers though (thank goodness).

PS... sorry if the noughts are missing from the words but the nought button does not always functin/wrk[:0]

Flk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.