BMW F800 Forum banner

Trial and error posting larger photos

3K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Womble 
#1 ·
#3 ·
and again... help!

umm, something odd here.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and selecting file from Photos. In Photos file appears as a .JPG file, when I used Advanced option to attach file it appears in upload due as a .jpeg and then throws an invalid file type message.

I thought it was possible to upload direct from Mac Photos, is this not the case? Only seem to be able to upload thumbnails if direct from iPhone, but not through Photos... anyone any bright ideas on this?

TIA :)

#5 ·
Ahhh, getting there, on the Mac have to convert the image in Photos using Preview to change the file extension from .jpeg to .jpg... then can attach using advanced option on forum reply to thread. Bit of a faff, next to try and work out how to post larger images... is there a how to? Not found one.

Apologies for all the questions... a combination of Corona lockdown and also recently retired, not much else to focus on :)

Another image just because i can...

Glasses Watch Hand Vision care Cloud

#6 ·
What I usually do, is to upload the photo, then open the thumbnail in a separate tab. Once you do that, copy the image address (not the URL!). Paste that into your post using either the image tool on the toolbar, or inserting the code. Chris

#7 ·
Tried that, but the image address has no .jpg or other picture format extension...

I can post screen grabs which appear larger than thumbnails, but not larger pictures oddly..
as in...

Cloud Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree Sky

followed by

Sky Cloud Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

However, doing this does not enable insertion of the image?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.