Non-English Posters/Riders? - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Is it my imagination or are there more posters from Europe, or other foreign countries? Or at least folks posting in non-English languages? Seems for several years it was a rarity to see a non-English post on this forum, but now it is daily and sometimes several each day. Is the F bike more popular? Perhaps I should dust off my VERY rudimentary French, Latin and German language skills?
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    8 Hours Ago
    The only thing I have noticed on the sub-forums that I pay attention to (which is not the European language ones) is that we have been picking up some apparent Chinese and Asian spam recently in the English language sections. Since I can't understand a thing that is said, I assume that it is spam, especially when it is a first post. So it gets deleted as spam and then the thread is sent into the trash can so as to not clog up the original subject forum. Am I bad?
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

4. Likesoxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Guido
    23 Minutes Ago
    No Royce, you are wrong. In the past the Italian and the French sections are full of new members every week and there were a lot of posts in those languages, but now the Italians moved into a whatsapp group and there are not so many new members in the French section and only few old members keep on posting. These that together were the strongest part of the forum that sometimes could compete with the American section now are like a desert at my eyes. I’m really sad of that but it’s so.
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

6. LikesIanA liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gunther
    4 Days Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoveloce View Post
    ...and only few old members keep on posting...
    old and technologically challenged
    Su cunnu! 

9. LikesRichard230, IanA, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Bill
    1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    old and technologically challenged
    You're preaching to the choir in ths forum . . . . .
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st 

11. LikesRichard230 liked this post

7 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    No Royce, you are wrong. In the past the Italian and the French sections are full of new members every week and there were a lot of posts in those languages, but now the Italians moved into a whatsapp group and there are not so many new members in the French section and only few old members keep on posting. These that together were the strongest part of the forum that sometimes could compete with the American section now are like a desert at my eyes. I’m really sad of that but it’s so.
    I am frequently wrong--about a lot of stuff. I will just add this issue to that list of stuff.

What you say makes some sense and thank you for explaining it.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Real Name
    Andrew
    4 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    The only thing I have noticed on the sub-forums that I pay attention to (which is not the European language ones) is that we have been picking up some apparent Chinese and Asian spam recently in the English language sections. Since I can't understand a thing that is said, I assume that it is spam, especially when it is a first post. So it gets deleted as spam and then the thread is sent into the trash can so as to not clog up the original subject forum. Am I bad?
    Google translate.

The posts seem to be about lotteries. I'd respond but I'm busy with a Nigerian prince whose money is stuck at Customs.
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

14. LikesRichard230, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Guido
    23 Minutes Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce; It seems incredible, near impossible. Our forum was one of the best for the fair play of its members. Then Roadpizza was a quiet user that in the past solved some controversial with his peaceful way to do. Maybe his glicemia was too high. 🤨 Also OX-34 had never given problems since few months ago. I’m really sorry to hear such things but sometimes even our strongest convictions have to change.
    I am frequently wrong--about a lot of stuff. I will just add this issue to that list of stuff. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://f800riders.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif[/IMG]

What you say makes some sense and thank you for explaining it.
    😂😂😂
    i dò wrong things in some way I’m wrong too. 🙁
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

4 Weeks Ago
    I lived for a long time in Europe. I learned Italian and czech.

Real Name
    Gunther
    4 Days Ago
    Great! Italian should be difficult for an english speaking guy, I imagine that czech is even more difficult
    Su cunnu!