BMW F800 Forum banner

No permission to "thank", "like" or "dislike" a post ??

4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Richard230 
#1 ·
Here I am again,

Why can't I click on the "Thanks for this post", "Like this post" or "Dislike this post" button's.

I get a box that pop's up that says "I don't have permission to use these buttons".

As far as I know all of my G450Riders forum and Husky Talk Forum Moderation tools are functioning and have been all along but I don't have permission to click that I like a post ??

I haven't been able to use these features for well over 18 months. I have asked about this issue 2 times before (back in 12/18 and again in 4/19)

Can anyone help.

I don't think its my browser. I'm using Mozilla Firefox and have been since straightening out some long since resolved log in issues I had a few years ago.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.

#2 ·
I don't have a clue what is going on in your case. The buttons work for me, when there are buttons that appear on a post, which is not all the time. I have never seen the message that I don't have permission to click one of the buttons, except when I am looking at one of my own messages, which will not have any of the Thank, Like or Dislike buttons that I can see, for obvious reasons. There must be something unique about your situation, but I don't have enough knowledge about how this forum works to have any specific advice. Perhaps you have too many vehicles to list? [;)]

#4 ·
I don't know what to think about that warning. I have been on the forum for over 10 years and have never encountered that before. :confused: I might add that I have only been a volunteer moderator for about one year. Perhaps Chris or Gino, the last of the Administrators, will be able to comment further. Maybe there is some sort of action that they can take that would resolve your problem.

#8 ·
That is exactly what I am doing. A Dell Optiplex 790 desktop, running Windows 10 and using Mozilla Firefox as a browser. I am seeing Thanks, Like and Dislike buttons on most (but not all) threads and posts and when the buttons appear they always work, although there usually is a few seconds delay before the confirmation appears. Right now I am seeing "Thanks", Like and Dislike on Tim's original post and Like and Dislike buttons on all of the following posts. Which is normal for this forum.

#9 ·
Well, I just checked on a response from a post from a guy near me that I replied to last week. It still gave me the same pop up window saying I don't have permission to click this button.
Additionally after trying to click the Thanks post I got the box pop up below, that also has a small box that can be checked and it says "prevent this page from creating additional dialogs". I checked that box and it doesn't get a pop up at all if I attempt to use the Thanks, Like or Dislike buttons.
If I then leave that page and come back after a look at a few other pages to try the function again, I get the same pop up box in the screenshot that I attached below and it will do the same thing like before, if I check the box it locks up to then not do anything if the buttons are clicked.
I never got this added instruction to the pop up before, so something has been changed, Its just not working like its supposed to.

Attachments

#10 ·
Sorry, Tim. I have no idea what is going on. Unfortunately, only HalfPint may be able to solve your problem. He seems to be giving it a try on another of your threads regarding your issue.

#11 · (Edited)
Richard, HalfPint,

Just thought I would do a follow up on this crazy issue I was having.

Since I've gone over to start using the new version of "Microsoft Edge" for the Forums and my YouTube, Amazon, Facebook, etc. etc. I have all but stopped using the Mozilla Firefox browser for the same things. Although I have logged onto the same page at the same time from both browsers so I could go back to a earlier post to get a technical reference for a member. Which worked out to be sort of quick and Handy Dandy.

I'll have to continue using the Firefox at work where I haven't been able to find a work around to download the new "Microsoft Edge" to my computer like I was able to do with the Firefox Browser a few years back when I was having log in issues with Internet Explorer...

If I want to do that, I'll have to do a OIT help desk ticket to get a system administrator to sign in for their permissions to do so.
I'll eventually do that as I am constantly getting the "Edge" download pop up on the screen all day. I've come to the conclusion that when I clear the stupid Edge pop up from my screen by clicking "Maybe later" that means about 5 minutes later. Its aggravating as hell. That's usually about the time I get up and hop in my work truck and drive down to the Line to check out progress on the Border fence and do some sight seeing.

Anyway, I've experienced no further sketchy confusion or issues with my functions not working, everything is good.

Thanks again for you guys help.
Timmy

#12 ·
I am happy to hear that things are back to normal for you, Tim. I do my best to never approach The Edge and have never clicked on its icon. So far that has resulted in no popups or update downloads for me. [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.