BMW F800 Forum banner

H-D to be Rewired

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  CagivaRider 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I wonder where this will all lead to. And I'm astounded at the numbers...which just goes to show how much money they must have to play with if they can spend $42M on restructuring. Wow.

Chris

#5 ·
#6 ·
What's the story on the AMAZONIA or whatever ADV bike Hardley is supposed to come out with? I wanna see a head to head contest with the BMW GS crossing some vast wasteland without a support team.
Harley seems to have become the Rambler of motorcycles. Didn't realize it was dying until the light of day disappeared.

#7 ·
I figure that the ADV model will come with a Screaming Eagle plow attachment for smoothing out dirt roads. [:D]

Reactions: notacop
#11 ·
Apparently, H-D is so worried about the faithful berating them for producing an electric bicycle that they had to create a separate company to manufacture their new E-bikes. And they didn't name it Buell. Here is the story. Looks expensive to me:

#13 ·
Meanwhile, you apparently won't be seeing the H-D LiveWire electric motorcycle in the established Big Twin dealerships as part of their Hardwire plan. H-D plans to establish their electric motorcycle models in new and dedicated dealerships with a new brand name. That should help kill them off and keep the environmentalists out of the Faithful's sight. :rolleyes: The new brand will be hitting the streets on July 8.
https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-fea...ire-as-its-own-electric-motorcycle-brand.html

#14 ·
H-D keeps a firm hand controlling their dealers. The Mom&Pop H-D dealers of yore didn't fail in the marketplace, Milwaukee decided they would rather have chrome and glass clothing stores.

I lost track how many changes of ownership the local H-D dealer has gone through since the Mom&Pop in a hole in the wall downtown was shut down about 40 years ago. The first one moved to where car dealers were building big new showrooms. That didn't work very well so the next owner built midway between Huntsville and Decatur so as to lock up the H-D franchise in both cities.

#15 ·
Stand alone LiveWire dealers are the only way HD will be able to sell them. Most Harley dealers aren't selling motorcycles, just the pseudo-tough guy image - and lots of branded apparel.

I tried test riding a Buell and barely got a sales person to acknowledge me. That being said, my local HD dealer runs tons of events and hosts many charity runs that always have riders on many brands. I tease them by riding my RZ-350, Moto Guzzi, F800GT and Zero. I haven't owned a Harley since 1971 (a '57 Sportster).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.