BMW F800 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator Admonishment

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Flook 
#1 ·
Just say, hypothetically, that an administrator or even moderator started to get a little too ban-happy and lock-crazy, what would be the mechanism to remove that person? Hypothetically, of course.

Good people, on both sides. Say, like if there were to be someone :whistle: around here hell bent on getting the sharpie out and making bing-bing-bing executive orders all Willy Nilly so to speak.

I think that a tops thing would be for this person - if such a person umm, existed - to take their cross, turn the other cheek and stop playing god [}:)] (small 'g', good people on both sides).

Any suggestions, hypothetically [uhoh]

MAGA[;)] 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the forum except through me."

#2 ·
It's an interesting hypothetical question as I've no idea how Admins or Mods are elected, it's any bodies guess. It may be by divine guidance.

Basically the majority of the rules were laid down when Rob started the Forum, however in recent times, I've been led to understand he 'sold' the Website to a company, so again who knows.

#3 ·
You would have to discuss that question with an Administrator. A moderator won't be of any help. I don't think a moderator can even ban themselves. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Okay another hypothetical one here, suppose a poster does to like the way his posts are received, also hypothetically a poster does not give his specific location, would the two of these seem suspect. Why would that person be afraid or seem to be afraid by the purpose of not putting a location.

It is nice to know where people are, where in the world they actually reside, now I may well naff a few off here but we are talking
hypothetical's here.

I confess I do not like to see anyone who ever that person may be actually take the time to put down in righting slights at Moderators with no respect to that person of that position. I have read a piece which was good and pointed out a situation, however, one person took a grievance against that and had an unwarranted post which I could only read as a basic attack. This is wrong and immoral to my mind. I agree we all have a freedom of speech, that freedom came at high cost to many. So, be careful of what you put down guy's, slights and vitriol has an affect. Even hypothetical ones.

Flook

#5 ·
I am wondering ------ what is the motive behind this post.

What is all this M crapola stuff as Rob would say.

Any offending replies can be easily remedied, I have a cut out control simples.... I do not have to come here, I do because I enjoy the laughs and fun, but, yup a but, there are some that for their own reasons want to hit out, why huh I dunno just spoil sports I suppose.

Okay, I may be banned for 10 or so day's as a result of peeing someone off

Flook
from East Northamptonshire England.

#6 ·
Unfortunately, I think the pressure of living under pandemic conditions and rules are just getting to a lot of us and some people tend to strike out at various things and other people when under that sort of pressure. You see it all the time on the TV news. [:(] And I might add that the upcoming U.S. election is not helping matters, either.

#10 ·
If this is about Politics then open a forum about USA Politics, ask Admin to keep it closed so only USA members can post all your acrimony there.

I am now getting sick and tired of your bickering at each other in open forums. For gods sake grow a pair all of you.

Reactions: IanA
#12 ·
Easy, Dave, easy. Lets be nice.

- This thread is not about politics. Otherwise it would be called 'Impeachment' or something.
- There is already a thread about USA politics if you look in the 'Grown-up Section'. Yes, the same grown up section you found this thread in.
- A closed forum for only USA members seems rather discriminatory old boy, especially considering the first two premises you made are groundless.
- If you are feeling sick and tired, I say get a test, its a beautiful test.

Oh and it seems you're just roaming around in the wrong thread, making false assumptions and bickering about stuff that you have misunderstood. There are heaps of other threads for that kind of caper. England/Australia/USA are just 0s and 1s in the digital world I'm afraid.

#11 ·
I have but they don't get used much anymore[:(]

#13 ·
I do have to admit that I am getting more enjoyment out of riding my motorcycles than I am reading some of the comments under the Grownup section. Probably, the best approach is to not visit some of the "Grownup" threads, get away from the computer and get more fresh air.

#14 ·
Yes I agree Richard, I've been biking today was a good spin with a nice group of lads and loads of fresh air. And now I'm posting this! I'm a watercolour artist and think I should get back to something I enjoy and make a few bob or two!

#15 ·
I see you have come out of your tidy hole, now I thought you was US based, huh.
If you have noticed from some comments, you may well be doing Political posting, so your not fair do's so what has been your rant about huh.

Okay I am winding you up, but that don't take much now does it. I have family in Oz, I have friends in OZ, we chat take the pee, but you well. . .

Okay now do your worst, but I have better things to do with my time than have fun and banter like this

#18 ·
What to do when members seems to be getting banned? well posting as you did to make discussion of what repercussions may or should be.
Some times the ones who have some power like to exercise it. Especially if they feel offense of their beliefs. No one like to be told their skin has gotten too thin or that their beliefs are wrong.
Herd reaction or good old democratic majority rule should take precedence.The members should be able to suggest to that a moderator or Admin be banned themselves. Just being give some authority doesn't make them correct.

" I've no idea how Admins or Mods are elected"
They get invited to hold a responsibility. I've been approached about being a moderator but declined due to lack of interest, lack of prudent responsibility and because I'm just a goof.
It's possible to become a guiding force and then find your hat is becoming too tight.

"where Road Pizza and Wild Willey and the rest are"

They are in that place where they can piss in Dunny's beer. Sometimes a forum looses it's appeal when the controls get too tight and the fun is sucked out of it.

#19 ·
I totally agree. I'm a paid up supporter so I feel I have some rights and if I'm banned I'll be asking for my money back. I said in a post in another thread that WildWilly has been posting probably since this Forum started - how come he was never banned before? Recently he's been suspended 2 or 3 times - before you correct me I've not made notes

#22 ·
I'm sure they're just pissed off with having their hands smacked recently - lost interest and now can't be arsed anymore.

As to paying, I prefer no advertising and I'm all for supporting the Forum like a good team player!

Reactions: Flook
#23 ·
What advertising??

I have said recently what I feel. Open posts are great but sometimes can be dangerous in a way where newish members like within 3 years or so may well be put off this site when such items are read. Do we really want to lose them wherever they live.

Take care all

Flook:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.