BMW F800 Forum banner

Intermittent Alarm

857 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Right Hand Drive 
#1 ·
Dear All,

In my continuing saga with this 2018 800 GT I now return to the problem with the intermittent alarm feature.
It seem that if I stand behind the RHS of the bike by about 1 meter the alarm sometimes activates. Stand any where else I get no response from either key gobs.
A BMW dealer in the UK had booked it in for a investigation earlier this week under the terms of the BMW used bike warranty, then at the last minute told me I might have to cough up £120 for an hours labour. I declined !!!

Any help as ever grately appreciated.

Regards to all TEDFRED

#2 ·
Sorry to hear the bike still has issues Ted. That BMW Approved Used Warranty doesn't cover all the things covered by the New Bike warranty, even though the marketing implies that it does. When I bought my bike it came with a two year Approved Used Warranty, even though it still had another year to go on the New Bike Warranty (easier to sell with two years warranty rather than one). But, when it needed some issues sorting out, the Approved Used Warranty didn't cover them. The New Bike Warranty would have, but of course it had been superseded by the Approved Used Warranty. Luckily I have a sympathetic dealer who did the work under warranty anyway. Regarding your alarm - not sure what the problem is. Mine will work from any side of the bike, as long as I am close enough. Think I'd check out the batteries in the key fobs first. There is also a battery in the alarm unit itself under the seat. Might also be worth checking that. My first GT's alarm was still working when I sold it at 6.5 years old, but towards the end it needed a few tries and some waving around of the key fob to arm the alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.