2015 F800R need a second key - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

1 Week Ago
    any options? besides dealer for $100 ?

bike came to me with only 1 key, it has EWS right?

I bought a $7 blank from ebay, no chip, for the storage lock if nothing else,

brought it to my local locksmith who brags about his new $9000 key cutting machine,

said $45 to cut, and then handed back my blank, his machine could not cut this key.

I've been through diy programming keys for EWS on E36 (325is) and E53 (X5), and $100 actually seems reasonable not complaining

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Hour Ago
    My first thought is "only $100"??? TAKE MY MONEY!!!! The keyless fobs on the new bikes are something like $350 and you only get one with the bike when new. That and one plastic key with a chip for emergencies like before.
    Sorry though, I've got not usable advice other than to keep calling locksmiths.

RobA is online F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Rob
    3 Minutes Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800R
    Hello Irj975. This might not help as I am in the UK, but I recently bought a set of panniers which came with only the little plastic key which BMW used to supply. I found a guy on EBay who cuts BMW keys from a photograph. So I sent him a picture of the plastic key and paid £10, and hey presto, a key came in the post. Rob.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Week Ago
    upon further review, there's the 'handy baby' key programmer, but by the time to acquire it, set it up, learn it, acquire a chipped key, get that cut, mess around some more.. way past the break even point for 1 key.. so to the dealer it is $100 and done